PDA

View Full Version : When to get new tires?

Tiny54
10-16-2016, 07:29 AM
I own a ST Limited 2015. It has almost 17,000 miles on it. I have heard many Spyder Ryder's talk about changing tires out, some after 16,000. I check the tread often and it looks good to me. My question is what in particular should I be looking for so I will know when new tires are needed? Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Bob Denman
10-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Just keep an eye on your tread depth, and run them for as long as your comfortable with how things look.
Just don't run them until the "air starts poking through..." If you think that a bald rear tire compromises traction: you haven't felt what happens when a bald front tire compromises the handling! :yikes:

Chupaca
10-16-2016, 09:36 AM
I find weather is a main factor. If you deal with a lot of the wet stuff it is wise not to wait till you reach the wear bars/limit to change. We do not deal with that here so we can wait till the end. If you start to notice that the rear starts slipping more on acceleration especially on turns it is a good indicator that you are loosing your grip on the road. :thumbup:

138976 Where you see the small triangle is where to check the limit....:lecturef_smilie:

138977 This is what it looks like when you are at the limit....:yikes:

Tiny54
10-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Thank you. That's a big help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk