PDA

View Full Version : Hibernation

Deanna777
10-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Today I put my "spyder in" for it's long winter's nap, :gaah::gaah:. I have a 2014 RTS-SE6.

During the winter months I will figure out what trips, and places to visit, and what farkles I will add to my spyder.

I have 2 trips/events that I will be attending next year. They are Homecoming in Valcourt,Quebec ( June 2,3,4, 2017,) and Spyderquest( Sept. 6,7,8,9 2017). Stay Tuned!

I will stay in touch/and post on this site.

Deanna

rnet
10-16-2016, 02:54 AM
See you at both, Deanna

Bob Denman
10-16-2016, 08:06 AM
:shocked: DEE,
I'm sorry to hear that the "Dark Spell" has already started for you... :banghead:
How many miles did you end up with this Season, and what was your favorite ride?

armyspydervet
10-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Looks like you're a prime candidate to become a member of the East Coast Posse. I will be attending both those events as well. Sorry to hear you have to put your Spyder up already, but you have next season to look forward to.

Bensonoid
10-16-2016, 08:49 AM
Don't look at next weeks weather report.

al0vely
10-16-2016, 09:16 AM
I am planning to put mine into hibernation at the end of October. I don't have a lot of fancy riding clothing so I ride when the temperature is good for me. I have never made it to any events but am looking forward to attending a couple - debating on purchasing a trailer vs riding to them. Winter will give me a long time to think and plan also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chupaca
10-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Already..:banghead: hope it was a good season and you already have a leg up on the next. So enjoy your farkle shopping and mod making till the time comes to hit the road again...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-16-2016, 09:28 AM
I am planning to put mine into hibernation at the end of October. I don't have a lot of fancy riding clothing so I ride when the temperature is good for me. I have never made it to any events but am looking forward to attending a couple - debating on purchasing a trailer vs riding to them. Winter will give me a long time to think and plan also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It may hinge on what you really go to the Events for ....Shopping/buying or riding in a new are with friends :yes:....... For me it's about " the riding with friends ".... I went to various events this year, and two were long distance ( for me at 69 ). Spyderfest 1500+ mi. & Spyders in the Smokies @ Maggie Valley 1000+ Mi.. I trailered ( actually put it in my mini-RV :roflblack: ), and rode my Butt off at both events. My logic on this is when I arrive I'm not Spydered-Out so to speak. To each His own, just a thought on this ....... see you there,.....Mike :thumbup:

murphybrown
10-16-2016, 09:40 AM
Today I put my "spyder in" for it's long winter's nap, :gaah::gaah:. I have a 2014 RTS-SE6.

During the winter months I will figure out what trips, and places to visit, and what farkles I will add to my spyder.

I have 2 trips/events that I will be attending next year. They are Homecoming in Valcourt,Quebec ( June 2,3,4, 2017,) and Spyderquest( Sept. 6,7,8,9 2017). Stay Tuned!

Deanna

So far so good in NCWashington....rode yesterday...rain the whole way...but that is why I have rain gear. Hoping for another 6 weeks of local rydes...nothing that requires over a MT pass..they are getting snow already. Yep have my 2017 calendar out...so far in ink have Run for the Wall 2017 (www.rftw.org) leaving from Onario, CA then across USA to WA DC...after that I will work way north to Valcourt (see you there) and then back across Canada as have to be home by June 8 for granddaughters graduation. Also have the 2nd Red Rock Rally end of September in ink. Once the Red Stallion is tethered for winter I will get serious with the budget and see where what appears on my radar. Have a great off season figuring out what to do with your Spyder fun in 2017. Later. :thumbup: Farkles? Getting a Russell Day Long seat...unless TricLED comes up with more lights that I must have!!!

Highwayman2013
10-16-2016, 09:46 AM
We are just getting into riding season in Southern Nevada. Kind of a reverse thing here, too hot in the summer just right fall, winter and spring. Not sure what events I will be at next year but pretty sure the Red Rock Rally in Southern Utah will be one.

robmorg
10-16-2016, 11:26 AM
It may hinge on what you really go to the Events for ....Shopping/buying or riding in a new are with friends :yes:....... For me it's about " the riding with friends ".... I went to various events this year, and two were long distance ( for me at 69 ). Spyderfest 1500+ mi. & Spyders in the Smokies @ Maggie Valley 1000+ Mi.. I trailered ( actually put it in my mini-RV :roflblack: ), and rode my Butt off at both events. My logic on this is when I arrive I'm not Spydered-Out so to speak. To each His own, just a thought on this ....... see you there,.....Mike :thumbup:

I think that makes sense, Mike, and I'm only a couple of years older than you at 71. My dilemma is... "How do I get my wife, my motorhome, AND my Spyder to the Valcourt homecoming, and still have a car there for my wife who doesn't ride. We like traveling in the RV, but this time, I think we'll probably drive the car and rent a trailer to pull the Spyder. (Hmm, speaking of renting, I wonder if I can rent a Spyder from BRP there?? :rolleyes:)

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 11:39 AM
:shocked: DEE,
I'm sorry to hear that the "Dark Spell" has already started for you... :banghead:
How many miles did you end up with this Season, and what was your favorite ride?Bob,
Yes, "DARK SPELL " has already started for me.....................:gaah::banghead::gaah::bang head: . I got to do what I got to do. As a reminder I am still in the work force.

On April 2nd, 2016 I started with 10,331 miles ( out of winter storage from dealership) and put on about 5,669 miles. Also, my favorite rides were....... anytime when I got a chance to ride. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Looks like you're a prime candidate to become a member of the East Coast Posse. I will be attending both those events as well. Sorry to hear you have to put your Spyder up already, but you have next season to look forward to. Sent pm. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 11:53 AM
Don't look at next weeks weather report. This week the weather temps are going to be in 60' to 70's :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 11:58 AM

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYou might want to check/and attend Spyderfest, Springfield, MO. Look @ Events on this site.

Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Already..:banghead: hope it was a good season and you already have a leg up on the next. So enjoy your farkle shopping and mod making till the time comes to hit the road again...:thumbup:Yes, it was a good riding season ( I put on about 5,669 ,miles). Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 12:14 PM
So far so good in NCWashington....rode yesterday...rain the whole way...but that is why I have rain gear. Hoping for another 6 weeks of local rydes...nothing that requires over a MT pass..they are getting snow already. Yep have my 2017 calendar out...so far in ink have Run for the Wall 2017 (www.rftw.org (http://www.rftw.org)) leaving from Onario, CA then across USA to WA DC...after that I will work way north to Valcourt (see you there) and then back across Canada as have to be home by June 8 for granddaughters graduation. Also have the 2nd Red Rock Rally end of September in ink. Once the Red Stallion is tethered for winter I will get serious with the budget and see where what appears on my radar. Have a great off season figuring out what to do with your Spyder fun in 2017. Later. :thumbup: Farkles? Getting a Russell Day Long seat...unless TricLED comes up with more lights that I must have!!!Karyl, We need the rain here in Vermont. I hope you do get an other 6 weeks of riding in this year. Sounds like you already have a good start on the 2017 riding season. I will post/ pictures any new farkles that I put on my spyder.

Ride Safe! :2thumbs: Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 12:19 PM
We are just getting into riding season in Southern Nevada. Kind of a reverse thing here, too hot in the summer just right fall, winter and spring. Not sure what events I will be at next year but pretty sure the Red Rock Rally in Southern Utah will be one.Red Rock Rally in Southern Utah is to far for me ( I am still in the work force). Deanna

ARtraveler
10-16-2016, 12:38 PM

Deanna

Sorry to hear it is this soon. Getting close to that for me also. Supposed to snow today--we will see. :yes:

Border Rider
10-16-2016, 01:25 PM

Deanna

There is still a chance for some good riding here in Vt. We rode 90 miles yesterday, My RT is never really put away, it's always pointed towards the street. Last year we rode in Nov, and 70 miles on Christmas eve. :clap::clap::clap:

bigbadbrucie
10-16-2016, 03:48 PM

Deanna

Sorry to hear that, Deanna. I do know all about it though. I lived for 52 years in a climate that meant parking the bike in the middle of October, and digging it out again the end of March (if you're lucky), but now I live on the Westcoast of Canada so I stay licensed year round, but all the roads out of here are mountanous so all riding over the winter months is just local. Have a good winter, and maybe someday we'll meet up on the road.

Motorcycledave
10-16-2016, 03:50 PM
It isn't even Halloween yet.

Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 06:23 PM
There is still a chance for some good riding here in Vt. We rode 90 miles yesterday, My RT is never really put away, it's always pointed towards the street. Last year we rode in Nov, and 70 miles on Christmas eve. :clap::clap::clap:I know it is early, but I got to do what I got do. Deanna

Deanna777
10-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, Deanna. I do know all about it though. I lived for 52 years in a climate that meant parking the bike in the middle of October, and digging it out again the end of March (if you're lucky), but now I live on the Westcoast of Canada so I stay licensed year round, but all the roads out of here are mountanous so all riding over the winter months is just local. Have a good winter, and maybe someday we'll meet up on the road. I know it is early, to put the spyder into hibernation but I got to do what I got to do. Yes, I do hope meet you on the road someday.

Last year I also put my spyder in hibernation at the same time. Deanna

bmccaffrey
10-16-2016, 06:49 PM
lot of time left.

Last winter being mild rode every month but february. Just to say i did lol

Can retire in january not sure i will. still enjoy what i do SOMEDAYS :shocked:

Mazo EMS2
10-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Nah...not yet. Not until the salt gets spread on the roads for me. I can dress warm, but I won't ride in the salty messes they make around here in southern WI.

bscrive
10-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Yep, this time of year really sucks.

We will be putting the bikes away in mid November. Still hoping to get some last minute riding in.

See you at both events next year. :thumbup:

asp125
10-16-2016, 08:22 PM
My condolences to those of you who have to hibernate. :( Here, if the roads are clear of ice and snow, I'll dig out the ski jacket and snow pants (or snowmobile suit) and the winter gloves and go for a ride. Even if it's a short ride to the coffee shop to warm up it's better than PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome).