PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat cowl question

burg650
04-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Installed the rear seat cowl cover and I notices that to the rear where the cowl touches the rear cover it might rub and cause the paint on the rear piece to come off, anyone has this problem and any fix. Also to the sides of the seat where the cover touches both left and right it also looks like the cover will rub the vinyl and cause it to tear. I like the look of the cowl cover that makes it look like only for one rider but I am more concern with it causing these problems.

bone crusher
04-03-2009, 12:33 AM
I've had my cowl since I bought my bike...no problems at all...it's attached snugly and seems to fit well....

johnboyjohn.pretious
04-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Installed the rear seat cowl cover and I notices that to the rear where the cowl touches the rear cover it might rub and cause the paint on the rear piece to come off, anyone has this problem and any fix. Also to the sides of the seat where the cover touches both left and right it also looks like the cover will rub the vinyl and cause it to tear. I like the look of the cowl cover that makes it look like only for one rider but I am more concern with it causing these problems.

There have been quite a few notice the same with the cowl. Do a search as there were a few solutions if I remember correctly.

:cheers:

ataDude
04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Don't have it anymore but... put a small strip of velcro where you think it will rub... or some of the very small, stick-on, round felt "buttons" from a hobby or home repair store... or even the very small velcro buttons.

crazycanuck
04-03-2009, 10:38 AM
yes it will rub because it is not a flush fit. Check out Lamonts thread on this; he tied it down with some bungee cords I think. I put mine on about three weeks ago and it did rub so I used the cords as well and now it looks oh so pretty:D