PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Spyder and group

KayMarc
10-13-2016, 08:52 PM
My name is Marc & wife is Kay we live in Brooklyn Center & Hope to ride with some of you next spring Got a pearl white 2014 RTL a couple months back had some time to ride had a storage set up & have it stashed already for the season but got a few good rides in with my Goldwing club this fall look forward to riding with some of you in the springtime. may have left similar note in here (different spot) this thread looked better hehe.

PapaHotel
10-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Welcome!! I just joined today also. I live in Eagan and I will pick up my bike in Arkansas on the 25th. I am hoping for decent weather for the ride home!!

KayMarc
10-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Hope you have a safe trip take your time getting used to it on your way home especially the cornering at first it is very different than a regular motorcycle. But just stick with it and enjoy, the more you ride it the more you will like it. Are you getting a new or a used one?

Chupaca
10-13-2016, 11:49 PM
To both thends spyder world and this strangely awesome site...great choice..:2thumbs: if you get antsy come on down its like spring here all winter long...

PrairieSpyder
10-14-2016, 07:09 AM
:welcome: Consider on it to SpyderFest end of April.

jerpinoy
10-14-2016, 08:14 AM
:welcome: and:congrats:

40Xshooter
10-14-2016, 08:28 AM
My name is Marc & wife is Kay we live in Brooklyn Center & Hope to ride with some of you next spring Got a pearl white 2014 RTL a couple months back had some time to ride had a storage set up & have it stashed already for the season but got a few good rides in with my Goldwing club this fall look forward to riding with some of you in the springtime. may have left similar note in here (different spot) this thread looked better hehe.

Hi Marc and Kay! Welcome to the group! I'm relatively new to the group, too! I have just over 1000 miles on my 2016 RT-S and am enjoying it more and more every day! I live in IL but my cousin lives in Burlington MN. I try and get up there as often as I can. Maybe we can hook up some time next season.......

Bill

Cruzr Joe
10-14-2016, 12:27 PM
Welcome!! I just joined today also. I live in Eagan and I will pick up my bike in Alabama on the 25th. I am hoping for decent weather for the ride home!!

PapaHotel ...................... your new Spyder is not in Alabama, it is in Arkansas, if you go to Alabama you will have a long walk to my house in Arkansas. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
10-14-2016, 01:46 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:. The MN people are a great group to ride with. They do some great rides all over the State. :yes:

PapaHotel
10-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Well yes and no. You have to be looking for a time before one smacks you with "I gotta by this." This is what made me willing to purchase long distance. I bought this machine because it is a tremendous value, however I missed one in Wisconsin that was as good of a value, but I delayed too long. This particular machine has more miles than some, but the current owner added so much value, I consider it a blessing to be the one first in line on this bike. You have to do a lot of comparing comparing model, equipment, mileage and price. I feel pretty blessed with this purchase.

PW2013STL
10-14-2016, 10:14 PM
Well yes and no. You have to be looking for a time before one smacks you with "I gotta by this." This is what made me willing to purchase long distance. I bought this machine because it is a tremendous value, however I missed one in Wisconsin that was as good of a value, but I delayed too long. This particular machine has more miles than some, but the current owner added so much value, I consider it a blessing to be the one first in line on this bike. You have to do a lot of comparing comparing model, equipment, mileage and price. I feel pretty blessed with this purchase.

Congrats on purchasing Joes RT. Joe is a great guy and maintains his Spyders, so you did well picking up his.
Look forward to riding with you.

Les

Jim&Teresa
10-15-2016, 10:47 AM
:welcome: Marc and Kay! :congrats: on your Spyder RT....you will really enjoy it.

We live in Woodbury and hope to see you on a future ride!

Grandpa Pete
10-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the wonderous world of Spyders:thumbup::thumbup:. I live in Rockford so I'm only 25 minutes from ya. We do have some phenomenal rides during spring, summer, and fall. (even winter:hun:) for us crazy Finlander's...... Check out Minnesota Spyder Riders for more details on our rydes...Hope to cya in spring for some rides:ohyea::ohyea:. CYA L8R

Grandpa Pete :doorag:

Deanna777
10-15-2016, 09:36 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:

Ride safe! Glad you could join us.

:nopic:

Deanna

MKrone
10-16-2016, 05:50 AM
Welcome to the forum and Spyder ownership. You'll really enjoy the MN chapter, great people and great rides.

Mark & Kathleen