PDA

View Full Version : I love it when I'm wrong

easysuper
10-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Well actually I don't love it but usually it ends up being a pleasant surprise . After 3 years , two RTs and 50 K miles, when we were at the Red Rock Rally my wife talked me into getting the BajaRon Sway bars installed. I have read many reports about how fabulous and what a difference it makes but could never convince myself that they could make a huge difference and it's not cheap considering we ride our own bikes so everything is times two. Well they do make a huge difference and I would not even think of not having them on a bike. I noticed the difference just riding out of the lot after Spyder Pops installed them just going back to the Hotel around the corner, then the next day we rode back thru Zion just for the heck of it. We did over 3 thousand miles on this trip and half of it with the sway bar and kept saying over and over again how great of an improvement it was. My only question is why in the heck don't they come from the factory with them on? Oh well here's hats off to BajaRon!
138841 138842 138843

cuznjohn
10-13-2016, 04:07 PM
beautiful pictures

SteveLaoyster
10-13-2016, 04:32 PM
beautiful pictures

:agree::agree::agree: I need to get out there someday!

Chupaca
10-13-2016, 06:52 PM
They build them for the average ryders and the one it comes with works fine. You are proof...but once you get some miles then you find you could use a bit more. I was a late arrival as well and since have done more with equal effects..:thumbup:

Had a great time there...you got some really nice pictures, :bowdown:'s for sharing....

gkamer
10-13-2016, 09:50 PM
We live in a beautiful country.

SpyderGirl
10-14-2016, 04:08 PM
:agree::agree::agree: I need to get out there someday!

RED ROCK SPYDER RALLY 2017!!!! :)

Just saying.

www.redrockspyderrally.com (http://www.redrockspyderrally.com)

danasgirl
10-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Does the sway bar address the "wobbly" feeling??? What exactly does it do? I've owned mine since late June and put about 3000 miles on it...2500 of which were on a single trip to Tucson AZ from East Texas. I got home yesterday. There's certainly a learning curve with these things, after having a motorcycle, but the wobbly feeling is disconcerting to say the least!

Well actually I don't love it but usually it ends up being a pleasant surprise . After 3 years , two RTs and 50 K miles, when we were at the Red Rock Rally my wife talked me into getting the BajaRon Sway bars installed. I have read many reports about how fabulous and what a difference it makes but could never convince myself that they could make a huge difference and it's not cheap considering we ride our own bikes so everything is times two. Well they do make a huge difference and I would not even think of not having them on a bike. I noticed the difference just riding out of the lot after Spyder Pops installed them just going back to the Hotel around the corner, then the next day we rode back thru Zion just for the heck of it. We did over 3 thousand miles on this trip and half of it with the sway bar and kept saying over and over again how great of an improvement it was. My only question is why in the heck don't they come from the factory with them on? Oh well here's hats off to BajaRon!
138841 138842 138843

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Does the sway bar address the "wobbly" feeling??? What exactly does it do? I've owned mine since late June and put about 3000 miles on it...2500 of which were on a single trip to Tucson AZ from East Texas. I got home yesterday. There's certainly a learning curve with these things, after having a motorcycle, but the wobbly feeling is disconcerting to say the least!
If you haven't done so the first thing you need to do is have the front end laser aligned. If the tires are not aligned correctly, and most are not from the factory, that can cause a wobbly feeling. Now, if by wobbly you mean a back and forth sideways motion caused by an uneven road surface, or side winds, then yes, the sway bar will help a lot. But mostly the sway bar helps keep the bike more stable during cornering.