PDA

View Full Version : Free Roundtrip airfare to Florida!! Only serious Spyder MOD do-it-yourselfer's apply!

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Okay.....you guys post so many cool mods that you have done to your bikes. There are some really, really gifted gear heads on this forum. I am definitely impressed. :bowdown:

First let me say.....I am a girl:dontknow:....secondly.....I am not mechanically inclined. It's amazing to read about your work and I admire the fact most of you are doing the work yourselves. Cudo's!!!:clap:

So I have about 8 mods I want to do:doorag:, have the money for the parts, but don't want to get hosed at a dealer for installation. Most of my mod needs are after market so the dealer would probably screw it up :hun:anyway. If any of you mechanical junkies live near me and want to help.....I'LL PAY YOU.

If nobody lives near me then I am offering a round trip ticket (instead of pay) to Jacksonville Florida to get my mods installed with precision by a "Spyder Mod Guru do-it-yourself-er":read:. Free vacation to Jacksonville Florida? :2thumbs:I live 6 miles from the beach, have an in ground pool and a billiard room. I'd love to meet one of you techies personally. And yes, I have a boyfriend in case you were going to ask :-)

Lisa

docdoru
04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm 3 hours away...:D

crazycanuck
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm 3 hours away...:D

read the last sentence:D

ataDude
04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
... And yes, I have a boyfriend in case you were going to ask :-)

Lisa

You might have been better off by not including this. :clap:

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 06:13 PM
You might have been better off by not including this. :clap:

It would be kinda hard to hide a 6'3" 230 pound hunk under my bed!!!;)

ataDude
04-02-2009, 06:17 PM

Don't you have a closet? :D

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM

He wouldn't enjoy listening:cus: But is glad if I get some Spyder enthusiast to do the stuff he's not really interested in doing.

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
[quote=********;85130]I know exactly how you feel about getting your mods done and not getting ripped off!

I went to 4 different so called motorcycle mechanics this week alone and three of them had never even seen a spyder before!

The one guy who said he would do it said I would have to wait at least three weeks before he could get around to putting mods on my bike.

So I have three options at this time.

1. Keep looking for more mechanics who have the time and knowledge to do the work!

2. Pay the amount of 1,000.00 to some mechanic who thinks he's "Yoda"!

3. Wait till the end of June and hope that Lamont, Brian, Deb, or some of the other spyder riders that are coming to LA can help me and won't charge me an arm and a leg.

"And I promise to keep my 225 pound Great Dane under the bed"[/

With all that really cool stuff in your house I would have thought that you of all people had "connections". See.....there really is a need for this. Surprised LaMonte sp? hasn't had this come up before.:chat:

zzneonzz
04-02-2009, 06:56 PM
With all that really cool stuff in your house I would have thought that you of all people had "connections". See.....there really is a need for this. Surprised LaMonte sp? hasn't had this come up before.:chat:

we people do have connections so let me know when you want me to put you on TV!

But in the meantime no one knows jack in this neighborhood because not many people even know the spyder exsists!

And although the Lost in Space robot and Robby are mobile, there memory banks haven't been updated on spyder research and repair!

But what great mechanics they would be.....[/quote]

How about ole Jay maybe he has some connections that can help you out local?!?

If I was closer i would definately help ya out on what i know how to do LOL. But i'm sure the folks who are able to make it out to the BRP Event will help ya out :D

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 07:42 PM

But in the meantime no one knows jack in this neighborhood because not many people even know the spyder exsists!

And although the Lost in Space robot and Robby are mobile, there memory banks haven't been updated on spyder research and repair!

But what great mechanics they would be.....

If I was closer i would definately help ya out on what i know how to do LOL. But i'm sure the folks who are able to make it out to the BRP Event will help ya out :D[/quote]

What BRP event is that? Near here?:hun:

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
You need to find you a 6'3" 230 pound hunk that can work on Spyders. :D:doorag:

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 07:45 PM
3. Wait till the end of June and hope that Lamont, Brian, Deb, or some of the other spyder riders that are coming to LA can help me and won't charge me an arm and a leg.

I want more than a arm and a leg, I want the whole Terminator. :thumbup:
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/********333/IMG_6131-1.jpg

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 07:46 PM

But what great mechanics they would be.....

If I was closer i would definately help ya out on what i know how to do LOL. But i'm sure the folks who are able to make it out to the BRP Event will help ya out :D[/quote]

No offense but who is ole Jay? Didn't see that name in the member list.

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
http://spyder.brp.com/SpyderMY09/Image.ashx?ImageID=12122edb-6325-4e9d-b616-212eb0bb964b&Format=Medium

Firefly
04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
:clap:
Exactly - what good is a 'hunk' if he can't fix yer spyder - :D

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
:clap:
Exactly - what good is a 'hunk' if he can't fix yer spyder - :D

I'll let you figure that one out:cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus:

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
The PM's I am getting want to know the mods I need installed. They are: better grips, the trunk spring everybody's been posting about, great sound, adjustment of the grip angle more towards the rider, fog lights, riser, anti vibrate, better peg mounts, upgraded wheels, heat to go under my seat, and a TINY bit more noise in the muffler.

Any other questions just let me know..... :spyder2:

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
The PM's I am getting want to know the mods I need installed. They are: better grips, the trunk spring everybody's been posting about, great sound, adjustment of the grip angle more towards the rider, fog lights, riser, anti vibrate, better peg mounts, upgraded wheels, heat to go under my seat, and a TINY bit more noise in the muffler.

Any other questions just let me know..... :spyder2:
Explain to a boy from Michigan why a girl from Florida needs heat under the seat. That one has be stumped. Is it related to why you folks down there wear Eddie Bauer parkas whenever it drops below 60? :D
-Scotty

Firefly
04-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Explain to a boy from Michigan why a girl from Florida needs heat under the seat. That one has be stumped. Is it related to why you folks down there wear Eddie Bauer parkas whenever it drops below 60? :D
-Scotty

Shouldn't providing that heat be something her hunk does?:D

Cundiffla
04-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Hey lisa, - I might be able to help some I live in orange park so give me a call maybe saturday we take a look at what you need done. - I call you friday afternoon or you call me which ever happens first.

- Larry

Lamonster
04-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Hey lisa, - I might be able to help some I live in orange park so give me a call maybe saturday we take a look at what you need done. - I call you friday afternoon or you call me which ever happens first.

- Larry
:thumbup::doorag:

M2Wild
04-03-2009, 06:58 AM
-Scotty

Hahaha .... good question Scotty. And I thought my butt is plenty toasty with that hot exaust pipe under the seat even March in New England. I need to figure out a way to tame that heat by wrapping the pipe like Lamonster did.

Lisa got some serious mods she wants to do there. The sound system alone is a biggie. But a few eaiser ones like Hindle and vibe are 5 min. jobs. I say you need to get your hunk better trained there.:D

Bersquack
04-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Yet getting the job done by a dealer or local mechanic may still be cheaper than a round trip ticket!

0228lisa
04-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Yet getting the job done by a dealer or local mechanic may still be cheaper than a round trip ticket!

I don't trust those guys to do a good job. Too many posts on here about mechanics that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground.nojoke

0228lisa
04-03-2009, 08:35 AM

- Larry

Sounds good. I also need help in selecting the best mod for the job. There are so many aftermarket mods available. I'll start reading through the technical forum. You guys let me know what I need?? Let's start with sound system.:chat:

0228lisa
04-03-2009, 08:37 AM
-Scotty

Anything under 60 is too cold for me to ride unless I have heat! They say when you live in Florida you're blood thins out making it hard to withstand lower temperatures.:dontknow:

crazycanuck
04-03-2009, 09:39 AM
any resolution on this yet:shocked::doorag:

0228lisa
04-04-2009, 11:43 AM
any resolution on this yet:shocked::doorag:

No. Still looking for help. I've had offers for the small stuff like foot pegs, but need help on the bigger stuff really. My daughter lives in Seattle. Nice place.

Jimmy Neutron
04-04-2009, 12:48 PM
sounds like a job for the Lamonster traveling road show.. Think about it Lamont you could meet all of us and we could use your great skills. Seems like he could put mods on a tin can and make it look and run better..

jnt
04-04-2009, 01:52 PM
I wonder how much to ship tools so the work could actually get done?

0228lisa
04-04-2009, 05:42 PM
sounds like a job for the Lamonster traveling road show.. Think about it Lamont you could meet all of us and we could use your great skills. Seems like he could put mods on a tin can and make it look and run better..

:agree: That's EXACTLY what I think too!! Help me convince him.

Lamonster...:bowdown:?

0228lisa
04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I wonder how much to ship tools so the work could actually get done?

Probably due to weight, a couple hundred bucks. Of course, I would pay for that. Insurance a must.

Party at my house with Lamonster...:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: Come on everybody...sing it with me now....

Better yet, we could make a Northeast Florida Spring Spyder Rally.

docdoru
04-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Better yet, we could make a Northeast Florida Spring Spyder Rally.

I agree, put together a workgroup and start buying mods :thumbup:

0228lisa
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM

You wanna chair the workgroup?:pray:

Roaddog2
04-05-2009, 08:04 PM
sounds like a job for the Lamonster traveling road show.. Think about it Lamont you could meet all of us and we could use your great skills. Seems like he could put mods on a tin can and make it look and run better..Tatt2r take note of this :D

M2Wild
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM

That's actually a better idea. She can buy the beer and have multiple people work on her mods. This way its not all on one person and people can pick the project they are specialized in.

TMehaffey
04-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I am trailering my spyder down to Amelia Island. I will be there
for 2 weeks starting May 4th. I might be able to help with a few
of the mods.:dontknow:
Regards,
Tim

0228lisa
04-13-2009, 05:21 PM
That's actually a better idea. She can buy the beer and have multiple people work on her mods. This way its not all on one person and people can pick the project they are specialized in.

Sounds like a great idea. Who's on board?:helpsmilie:

0228lisa
04-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I am trailering my spyder down to Amelia Island. I will be there
for 2 weeks starting May 4th. I might be able to help with a few
of the mods.:dontknow:
Regards,
Tim

I'm in Georgia the weekend of the 10th but here the rest of the time. I'll pm you my phone number. Thanks.:ohyea:

0228lisa
04-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Looks like TMehaffey will help week of the 10th in May!!!!:2thumbs: How about it Docdoru and Cundiffla? Wanna stop by and add to the mix? I'll send you a PM in case you don't see this post.:clap::clap:

docdoru
04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm in for May 10th :shemademe_smilie::spyder:

Cundiffla
04-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks like TMehaffey will help week of the 10th in May!!!!:2thumbs: How about it Docdoru and Cundiffla? Wanna stop by and add to the mix? I'll send you a PM in case you don't see this post.:clap::clap:

I can be there, Doc it'll be good to see you again! I will send a pm to LDFirework maybe he'll come!

Larry

AMTJIM
04-14-2009, 08:26 PM

.He's not that kind of hunk.

0228lisa
04-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm in for May 10th :shemademe_smilie::spyder:

I'm in Georgia thru the 10th. See previous post. I will be that week. Waiting on Tim to see if he can narrow his visit to me on an exact day so we can all get together. Tim, I'm assuming others need to work during the week. Are you available the following Saturday, May 16th?:f_spider:

8LEGS
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM

Where can I find one of these? LOL :dontknow::D

TMehaffey
04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm in Georgia thru the 10th. See previous post. I will be that week. Waiting on Tim to see if he can narrow his visit to me on an exact day so we can all get together. Tim, I'm assuming others need to work during the week. Are you available the following Saturday, May 16th?:f_spider:
Lisa, I will be heading back on the 16th:gaah:
It would be great to meet the others but the timing doesn't look
good.

docdoru
05-03-2009, 08:08 AM
The 10th is next week. What mods did you order/received? :popcorn:

effgjamis
05-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey.... I think you need a sitting supervisor.. I just might be persuaded to bring some stuff in my No-Name spyder and trailer on the 10th.. And perhaps hook up with the Florida Gang.. Hey Doc. you going up I4?

The Idea of a rally really sounds cool.. Lets get it on..

BajaRon
05-03-2009, 03:28 PM
And yes, I have a boyfriend in case you were going to ask :-)

Lisa

This is information that you give them when they show up to do the work. Too late now though.

0228lisa
05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey.... I think you need a sitting supervisor.. I just might be persuaded to bring some stuff in my No-Name spyder and trailer on the 10th.. And perhaps hook up with the Florida Gang.. Hey Doc. you going up I4?

The Idea of a rally really sounds cool.. Lets get it on..

Tim, What day do you want to designate?

vt228
05-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Tim, What day do you want to designate?

I'm going to south carlonia myrtle beach 8 threw the 17 well have tools with me if anyone neads help Put new gripps on today with helmet holders on them and fog lights doing finder lights next:ohyea:

0228lisa
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Tim will be here at noon on Monday the 11th. Anyone and everyone welcome.:clap:

LIsa

docdoru
05-11-2009, 03:46 AM
effgjamis and myself will join the party at noon. :popcorn:

0228lisa
05-11-2009, 12:15 PM
We are all here!!! Putting on fog lights. Tim, Chris, Forest and Doru. Anyone is welcome. Will post pics later!!:ohyea::ohyea:

Roaddog2
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
:2thumbs::agree::agree:

docdoru
05-12-2009, 07:13 AM
The first Spyder House Call was :2thumbs:

effgjamis
05-12-2009, 07:55 AM
But I got all wet........:gaah: only after leaving to ride back home...

However, a very fun day and an interesting one at that.

zzneonzz
05-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Good to see spyderlovers working together to help those less mechanical folks out. :D

0228lisa
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
The first Spyder House Call was :2thumbs:

It was an amazing day! Some girl (me) posted a call for help with mods and four total strangers showed up at noon to meet the challenge. Doru and Forest, and Tim and his wife Chris. They were all extremely nice people.....you never know what you are going to get off the internet :-) I still can't believe how unselfish and giving these folks were. We had a great time comparing mods and chatting :chat: about all our experiences and those to come. Doru is doing an East Coast to West Coast in 2 days!! :roflblack: Four Syders all in my driveway! Cool..... So overall, I met some really interesting, kind, smart gear heads that I owe a big steak dinner to when we put it all back together again. Well worth it.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TMehaffey
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Whata great day!:2thumbs: Made some new spyder friends and looking forward to riding our:spyder: together in the future.nojoke

bjt
05-12-2009, 11:34 AM
... Cool..... So overall, I met some really interesting, kind, smart gear heads that I owe a big steak dinner to when we put it all back together again. Well worth it.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:dontknow: They took it apart and you are waiting for their return to put it back together?

effgjamis
05-12-2009, 01:15 PM
:dontknow: They took it apart and you are waiting for their return to put it back together?

Hummmmm Wishfull thinking, I think...:helpsmilie::joke:

A very gracious host and quite funny...looking forward to another session.

0228lisa
05-12-2009, 02:49 PM

I'm getting the red panels painted flat black and ordering more mods in the meantime. Some wiring technicality on the fog lights way to deep for me to follow...:spyder:

0228lisa
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Doru and Forrest wanted to come back AGAIN.:2thumbs:...so it's time for the second round of our Spyder House Call. Since their visit last time, I have bought grips (Direct Line), 4" risers and mud flaps (Neon Magic), and carbon decals. It's really an excuse to have another Spyder get-together. Doru will get here at 10:00 but come anytime Sunday the 24th. Forrest and Doc are in.... .:ohyea::clap::clap:All Spyders welcome!! Hope to meet more of you.....:chat:

0228lisa
05-16-2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=278

Thanks to Lamonster, here is the link to view the pics we took during my first house call. I had to resize them so hopefully you can see them well. Thanks again all....:popcorn: