PDA

View Full Version : Short Lived Vibration

Lin
10-11-2016, 04:15 PM
​As I left the house late this morning, within the first mile of accelerating to 45 mph, I felt a vibration in the grips and could see the front fenders had a corresponding shimmy. I did a u-turn and came home to check the tire pressure. Left and right within 1/2 pound and everything else looked and felt fine. I headed out again and only had a few more seconds of vibration. Nothing after that for the rest of the day.

I'm thinking I may have had a flat spot on the tires that needed to warm up. It was in the 30's here this morning and the Spyder had not been out for a week.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Lin

Grayfox
10-11-2016, 04:36 PM
Mine did the same. Flat spot also I think.

Ex Winger
10-11-2016, 04:36 PM
I think your right.Just had to warm up the tires on a cold day.
Bill

ARtraveler
10-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Cold temperatures can cause flat spots and vibrations until the tire warms up a bit. Our cars run real smooth when it gets twenty below. :roflblack::roflblack:

Lobo
10-11-2016, 05:47 PM
I wish that was my problem. My shimmy does not go away. I ride a lot (20,000 mi. this year) so I doubt that is my issue.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Cold temperatures can cause flat spots and vibrations until the tire warms up a bit. Our cars run real smooth when it gets twenty below. :roflblack::roflblack:
How's this .... weight causes the Flat spots .... and the COLD Temps keeps it there until the tire warms up :dontknow: ....... :coffee:...........Mike :thumbup:

4 MARIE
10-11-2016, 10:25 PM
I live down 1/2 mile of gravel, and sometimes pulling out onto the asphalt I carry a piece with me
that kind of thump-shakes it's way off in about the 1st paved block. I suspect as the fronts wear, I won't have
this problem so much.