PDA

View Full Version : Cardo G9 vs Sena 10

OverHillAndDale
10-11-2016, 11:21 AM
I have a set of Cardo G9s - used them enough that the battery life of one is getting a bit limited. I have an opportunity to buy a used set of Sena 10 units (which I have no experience with).

I know that Bulldog recently dropped the Sena line and went with Cardo. Does anyone know why? Does anyone have experience with both? What are the known issues with Sena?

Motorcycledave
10-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Hi
There are several SENA units wit a "10" in the
model number what one are you refering to???
call me if you like I will be happy to help you
out with the info you need on which way to go
Ride safe
Dave

I have a set of Cardo G9s - used them enough that the battery life of one is getting a bit limited. I have an opportunity to buy a used set of Sena 10 units (which I have no experience with).

I know that Bulldog recently dropped the Sena line and went with Cardo. Does anyone know why? Does anyone have experience with both? What are the known issues with Sena?

ARtraveler
10-11-2016, 12:34 PM
I have used both Cardo (earlier version) and Sena 10. I prefer the Sena to the Cardo. Less noise, longer reception and the Sena will stay on and not need to be voice activated each time you want to converse. Next season will be season 4 on the original batteries.

_..stiffler..
10-11-2016, 01:28 PM
All depends on what you want to do.

The sena smh10. If that's the model you are getting. Seems to be the most common.

They are great. But if you like listening to music and talking you can't do that with the 10s. You need the 20S's.

I believe most cardo models have music and intercom together. They just mute one another. Not to familiar with the cardos.

I would look at all the features of the models to see what you want.

I bought a sena 10 and went to the 20s so my wife and I could listen to music while we talk.

Just FYI.

Stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OverHillAndDale
10-16-2016, 01:43 PM
I may be forced into buying the Sena unit. I'm still trying to get the model number, will post it once I have it.

I didn't slide the Cardo unit into it's mount properly yesterday, and it fell off on a highway somewhere when I was ryding about 70. Looks like I need a new set of headsets.

I listen to music over the bykes system, so I'm not worried about that aspect of the headset.

vtrider
10-16-2016, 02:30 PM
I have the SMH10 and it works out well for my needs. One thing I like with the sena, is you can pair them with most any other non sena headsets with bluetooth if I'm not mistaking. I was able to pair my SMH10 with my buddies Cardio G9 when we went snowmobiling last winter together and it worked out fine. I did however find the sena to be a little more user friendly to use with gloves on. The jog dial is nice.

OverHillAndDale
10-17-2016, 11:49 AM
I was wrong - the units are Sena 20S Dual. What do I need to know? Reliable? Easy? It won't....? My primary usage is a) Communication with GPS/phone, b) communication with my wife over intercom, c) general purpose intercom mode.

My Cardo unit is gone.

Highwayman2013
10-17-2016, 05:53 PM
I have the 20s dual pack for about a month after having the smh10's for 3 years. They are an upgrade and work very well. We use them for bike to bike comm and we like the increased range. You can control the settings with a smart phone app too.