PDA

View Full Version : 2013 RT 622 Trailer

Mike4143
10-10-2016, 11:44 AM
I have a 2013 622 trailer that I am pulling with my 2015 RT Limited. Both have the square plug. All of a sudden my trailer has no lights. The plug on the bike has power and is working as it should.
Have not been able to find the problem with the trailer. The square plug on the trailer has a square part above the plug itself, is this a fuse? If it is it does not come apart. Also I don't know how this
trailer is grounded. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Mike

Copperman
10-10-2016, 01:00 PM
I have a 2013 622 trailer that I am pulling with my 2015 RT Limited. Both have the square plug. All of a sudden my trailer has no lights. The plug on the bike has power and is working as it should.
Have not been able to find the problem with the trailer. The square plug on the trailer has a square part above the plug itself, is this a fuse? If it is it does not come apart. Also I don't know how this

Mike

This is just a guess but check the connection between the tongue wiring and the trailer. It may have disconnected. If that's not it I have nothing else to offer.

Mike4143
10-13-2016, 07:30 AM
The plug is not the problem, it is connected. Thanks for the reply.

Mike

trikermutha
10-13-2016, 09:13 AM
are you getting power to the plug under the trailer? Ground wire maybe there to the trailer frame?

Malki27
10-14-2016, 07:31 AM
"The square plug on the trailer has a square part above the plug itself, is this a fuse? If it is it does not come apart"

I think the extra square your talking about is only there to attach the protective square cover from the bike's plug when your connected to the trailer

trikermutha
10-14-2016, 08:03 AM
There are no fuses at the connector that I know of. There is another 4 pin Deuscth connector under the trailer that plugs into the harness that goes thru the tongue of the trailer.

Are you getting power thru that tongue harness? You stated you had power at the bike plug

SpyderAnn01
10-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Since your trailer is a 2013 it may not have the grounding harness that is required for 14 and newer Spyders.

trikermutha
10-14-2016, 12:57 PM
If not then you need to get the ground kit and plug into the connector under the trailer and ground to frame of trailer

PW2013STL
10-14-2016, 02:01 PM
"The square plug on the trailer has a square part above the plug itself, is this a fuse? If it is it does not come apart"

I think the extra square your talking about is only there to attach the protective square cover from the bike's plug when your connected to the trailer

You are 100% correct.

Mike4143
10-15-2016, 08:24 AM
are you getting power to the plug under the trailer? Ground wire maybe there to the trailer frame?

Thanks for the info guys. I went to a trailer place and they told me that the trailer has no ground wire to the frame that they could find. They placed a wire in the ground connector to the bike
and the trailer and then touched the other end to the bike and I had lights. There conclusion was the ground on the bike was bad. They also told me that I should ground the trailer to the frame.
The dealer does not seem to know there could be a grounding issue, they just say the bike has power. I have not seen a grounding kit or anything about it, where would I get the kit and where is it attached? The biggest problem I have had with this bike is dealers not knowing what they are doing.

Thanks Mike

trikermutha
10-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I went to a trailer place and they told me that the trailer has no ground wire to the frame that they could find. They placed a wire in the ground connector to the bike
and the trailer and then touched the other end to the bike and I had lights. There conclusion was the ground on the bike was bad. They also told me that I should ground the trailer to the frame.
The dealer does not seem to know there could be a grounding issue, they just say the bike has power. I have not seen a grounding kit or anything about it, where would I get the kit and where is it attached? The biggest problem I have had with this bike is dealers not knowing what they are doing.

Thanks Mike

There is a ground kit for the trailer BRP sells. I got mine off ebay kit#219400537 but you can get from dealer too..Maybe warranty or recall you can get free from dealer??

The ground kit mounts to the underside of the trailer and plugs into the 4 pin Deusch connector

Are you using a factory converter on the bike? Its normally mounted behind the rear tail light.

Mike4143
10-15-2016, 02:04 PM
There is a ground kit for the trailer BRP sells. I got mine off ebay kit#219400537 but you can get from dealer too..Maybe warranty or recall you can get free from dealer??

The ground kit mounts to the underside of the trailer and plugs into the 4 pin Deusch connector

Are you using a factory converter on the bike? Its normally mounted behind the rear tail light.

The trailer hitch and the wiring harness that came with it is all standard BRP. I called the dealer this morning and they could not find a grounding kit for the bike. Thanks for the

kit # I will go to the dealer with the number and see what happens. I would think they should know how to solve the problem. Thanks again, it will be nice to be able to

use the trailer.

Mike

gl1800
10-15-2016, 04:10 PM

Mike

Probably, if you spray both ends - bike to trailer - with WD40, you will have fixed the problem.

trikermutha
10-15-2016, 04:26 PM
Probably, if you spray both ends - bike to trailer - with WD40, you will have fixed the problem.

well this is a new one to me :shocked:

This is gong to fix a electrical problem??