PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change for winter storage?

Tomline
10-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Is this something I can do myself and what does it involve please? One thing I think I saw was the Spyder should be level and at least 6 inches off the floor for oil pan clearance? Thanks Oh also the previous owner used full synthetic since he had it. Does that make any difference?

Chupaca
10-10-2016, 10:26 AM
What year and model you have, how comfortable you are doing these type of jobs. No hard....you will need the oil (if running full synthetic keep the same oil) filter or filters depending on your spyder. You can get kits from online I use the XPS and it comes with all the washers and o-rings needed. If you go with other brands make sure they have the correct spec's as in your owners manual....:thumbup:

Tomline
10-10-2016, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=Chupaca;1189911]What year and model you have, how comfortable you are doing these type of jobs. No hard....you will need the oil (if running full synthetic keep the same oil) filter or filters depending on your spyder. You can get kits from online I use the XPS and it comes with all the washers and o-rings needed. If you go with other brands make sure they have the correct spec's as in your owners manual....:thumbup:[Yes that's the brand of oil previous owner used but not sure about the filter. So stock filter from dealer or on line comes with gaskets & O rings. Do you have the on line site for the filter? What do you think about putting it up on jack stands to keep tires from "Flat Spotting?" Thanks 2012 RT Sm5

Chupaca
10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
I get it from ebay and look for the best price offered. Usually comes from different dealers.