PDA

View Full Version : another great e mail scam

cuznjohn
10-09-2016, 08:19 PM
just got this

ATTENTION: DID YOU AUTHORIZE MRS. ANNABEL JACKSON?

We received an email from Mrs. Annabel Jackson, stating that she is your sister and you have given her permission to claim your package worth the sum of$8,5,000,000.00 USD ( Eight Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) ATM CARD scheduled for delivery to your residence address. Your package is among the 7 parcels that are still in our custody that are yet tobe dispatch due to incorrect receiver's / delivery address. This package was deposited in our office on 22th of February 2016, By MR. IBRAHIM MUSTAFA MAGU, the current Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Here in Nigeria, This said fund was approved to settle old contractors and compensation of scam victims and overdue payment all over the world and your name was found among the beneficiary list and i also want you to know that the EFCC Chairman has paid the original shipping/handling fees and your package was sent to your Address,But it was returned back to our office after some days d!
ue to incorrect delivery addres

Confirm that Mrs. Annabel Jackson, was authorized to receive your package. If yes, do send us a letter of authorization instructing us to ship the package to Her address upon that she will be paying the Safe Keeping Fee of $380usd, immediately before the Package will be shipped to her Address Below.

ANNABEL JACKSON
810 Bellevue Rd Apt 206 Nashville TN, 37221
United State Of America.

And if No please, Do also re-confirm your mailing information below as follows:

Send your correspondence to the manager:

1.)FULL NAME:.....
2.)ADDRESS:.......
3.)COUNTRY:.......
4.)AGE:.........
5.)SEX:.........
6.)PHONE:.....
7.)OCCUPATION.....
8.)YOUR SCAN COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT/DRIVING LICENSE:..

Finally, you are to get back to this office immediately for clarifications on this matter as we shall be available 24hours to speak with you and give you the necessary guidelines on how to ensure that your ATM MasterCard is delivered to you immediately, And be very much informed that any further delay from your side could be dangerous, as we would not be held responsible of anything if this ATM MasterCard is delivered to Mrs. Annabel Jackson.

Name: Mr. Owen Lloyd
Email Address: owenlloyd111@outlook.com
Direct Number : +2348179304519

We are waiting to receive your authorization letter for onward shipment To Mrs. Annabel Jackson, if you are the one that gave her permission, so that once she make the payment for the Safe keeping fee of the package which is the sum of $380usd before we commerce with the delivery to her door step without any delay.

Faithfully,
Mrs. Rose Williams
DHL Express Ng

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-09-2016, 08:36 PM
I haven't gotten that one, but I have gotten some just as ridiculous. It's unbelievable how gullible those people think Americans are. Unfortunately it's quite sad that some people are gullible enough to fall for those scams. They could sucker in a whole lot more people, and probably rake in a lot more dough, if they promised the email recipient a thousand dollars and only about $10 for handling instead of millions of dollars. An 8.5 million dollar ATM card doesn't make sense on the face of it. A thousand dollar card would be quite plausible. And people will throw away $10 on a moment's notice for no good reason. Talk about dumb scammers!

ARtraveler
10-09-2016, 09:46 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack:

I don't think I just got off the punkin truck? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black:

Wonder if these people would like to meet me for a private meeting in Nome Alaska this upcoming week?

oldguyinTX
10-09-2016, 10:17 PM
It is actually $8 billion, $500 Million dollars. They don't even know how much they are trying to scam for.

Chupaca
10-09-2016, 10:19 PM
If they keep sending them it must work. There sure are a lot of wealthy people over there. Oh and honest helping give away all that money...:roflblack::roflblack: give them a call....

jerpinoy
10-10-2016, 01:20 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack:Give them the Local FBI tel numbers.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ThreeWheels
10-10-2016, 03:37 AM
I'm not understanding the scam.
How does authorizing a payment from one third party to another put you in jeopardy ?
How do they intend to collect money from you ?

This makes no sense to me, but none of these scams do.

You think you've seen scams now ?
Wait until you try internet dating !

vided
10-10-2016, 05:20 AM
Why would you all think this's is some kind of scam?
it's possible, :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bob Denman
10-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Wait until you try internet dating !

:shocked:

It's rough out there... nojoke

cuznjohn
10-10-2016, 08:09 AM
i have tried internet dating, never again is all i will say

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-10-2016, 11:27 AM
o jeeez, what did sweet 'ol annie do this time?

vampyregirl
10-10-2016, 12:54 PM
I dunno. Sounds legit to me..... :roflblack:

MOSESS
10-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Last year I got an email and a check in the mail. I was told to deposit the check and then send the balance back, so I looked up the back and it was a fraud, so I turned the check over to my bank . I never heard from them again. Internet dating works. I met my wife using this service. we met 8 years ago and its been great.

Bdomini
10-10-2016, 05:40 PM
I may have fallen off of the turnip truck. But it wasn't yesterday

Sam Mac
10-10-2016, 05:48 PM
I never get these great offers, I'm bummed. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-10-2016, 10:02 PM

Gotcha covered. Send me your drivers license #, SS #, and mother in laws blood type. Use private PM. I will take care of the details. You will become richer. :yes::yes:

wyliec
10-11-2016, 06:12 AM
I may have fallen off of the turnip truck. But it wasn't yesterday

I'm sorry. I had to read your post twice. At first I thought it said the trump truck. It's early.

Bob Denman
10-11-2016, 07:16 AM

I can help... :D
Send me your:
email
social security number
date of birth
current address
prior address
city of birth
Mother's maiden name
blood type...

...And I'll have my Nigerian Prince contact you.
(You only need to send me $500 to process this transaction... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:)

ARtraveler
10-11-2016, 02:16 PM
No fee here and less information requested.

Choose wisely my friend. :bowdown::bowdown::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

vided
10-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Attention : Herb Franklin ,

My name is Mr. Roy M Whitehead from Washington Federal Inc,i am contacting
you in respect to your payment that passed through our bank within the
period of Late 2015 and early 2016,it was further ascertained during our
last meeting of last week Friday that during the short stay of your
principle sum,the said deposit accumulated a total sum of $900,000.00(Nine
Hundred Thousand U S Dollars) representing the accrued interest of your
total funds,this office has been mandated to deliver your accrued interest
of your said $900,000(Nine Hundred Thousand U S Dollars) via a certified
bank draft or cashier's check.

The procedure to receive the said accrued interest of $900,000(Nine
Hundred Thousand U S Dollars) will be given to you in detail as soon as
your response to this email message is received.

I will wait for your response to this email.

Thank you,

Mr. Roy M. Whitehead
WASHINGTON FEDERAL INC
325 E Bender Blvd, Hobbs, New Mexico 88240 USA (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/x-apple-data-detectors://5/1).
Direct Phone No: +1 575 395 6999 (tel:+1%20575%20395%206999)
Fax No: +1 575 395 6698 (tel:+1%20575%20395%206698)
Official Email: roymwhitehead@wfedb.com
Private Email: roymwhiteheadwf@gmail.com

Blue Star
10-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Why would you all think this's is some kind of scam?
it's possible, :yikes::yikes::yikes:

:agree: I should be getting my ATM card this week :banghead:

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Attention : Herb Franklin ,

My name is Mr. Roy M Whitehead from Washington Federal Inc,i am contacting
you in respect to your payment that passed through our bank within the
period of Late 2015 and early 2016,it was further ascertained during our
last meeting of last week Friday that during the short stay of your
principle sum,the said deposit accumulated a total sum of $900,000.00(Nine
Hundred Thousand U S Dollars) representing the accrued interest of your
total funds,this office has been mandated to deliver your accrued interest
of your said $900,000(Nine Hundred Thousand U S Dollars) via a certified
bank draft or cashier's check.

The procedure to receive the said accrued interest of $900,000(Nine
Hundred Thousand U S Dollars) will be given to you in detail as soon as
your response to this email message is received.

I will wait for your response to this email.

Thank you,

Mr. Roy M. Whitehead
WASHINGTON FEDERAL INC
325 E Bender Blvd, Hobbs, New Mexico 88240 USA (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/x-apple-data-detectors://5/1).
Direct Phone No: +1 575 395 6999 (tel:+1%20575%20395%206999)
Fax No: +1 575 395 6698 (tel:+1%20575%20395%206698)
Official Email: roymwhitehead@wfedb.com
Private Email: roymwhiteheadwf@gmail.com
Sometimes it's kind of fun to check out the contact information contained in these scam emails.

This is what you see when you go to wfedb.com.

As you can see it's not a real website. Clicking on the cgi-bin directory results in a not authorized to access error and a 404 not found error.

A Whois search of wfedb.com ends up with an outfit called WhoisProtectService.net as the contact for all aspects of the web name registration.

The address in Hobbs, NM is for a Bank of America branch!

A Google search on the phone number brings up this other reported scam. The same phone number and contact name, and company name are used.

Facebook Inc., Headquarters Menlo Park, California United States of America 1-478-8452-738 Facebook Inc. www.facebook.com (http://www.facebook.com) wishes to inform you of the results of the Facebook Email balloting award programme recently held at the Facebook Headquarters Menlo Park, CA, United States of America. Your email account has been selected as the auspicious champ of One Million United States Dollars(1,000,000.00USD) This result is now released to you for assertion and payment of this prize fund to you. Your email address was among the lucky fortunate ones attached in the B category selection with successful reference number Ref: FB-US/K7Y9. Please contact Mr. Roy M. Whitehead at Washington Federal Inc (roymwhiteheadwf@gmail.com ,Direct Phone No: +1 575 395 6999 , Fax No: +1 575 395 6698) immediately for your payment. Congratulations and thank you for being part of this year's Facebook International Email balloting award programme. Sincerely Facebook Inc. Menlo Park,CA, United States of America.

Washington Federal Inc is the name of a bank headquartered in Washington state.

It's an absolute shame people fall for stuff like this. The scam email is so fake it's pathetic, but I guess as long as people get hooked the scammers don't need to make it look more real.

Bob Denman
10-12-2016, 07:02 AM
:shocked: Awwwwww... gee! You've ruined all of the fun!
I was going to mail him a stool sample! :roflblack:

ARtraveler
10-12-2016, 02:25 PM
I do like the interest they are paying. Sure beats the $18.00 or so I got last year. Maybe time to transfer my savings account. :roflblack::roflblack: