PDA

View Full Version : for my italian friends

cuznjohn
10-09-2016, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrkOwTKoaLs

ARtraveler
10-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Linda (who is Italian) says this is great and it covers everything as it happened. You hit the jackpot John. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own::bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace::fir stplace::firstplace::firstplace::firstplace::bowdo wn::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

vided
10-09-2016, 02:11 PM
138681:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

wyliec
10-09-2016, 05:14 PM
I haven't heard the term metagon in many, many years. The video brought back many memories.

Bob Denman
10-09-2016, 05:26 PM
:clap: It was worth watching TWICE!! :2thumbs:
Thanks for posting it! :thumbup:
(And I'm not even Italian...)

Chupaca
10-09-2016, 05:42 PM
That was my life in South America...thanks for the memories...:bowdown::bowdown: and I do miss it

cuznjohn
10-09-2016, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1b8T0Gce5I

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-09-2016, 08:45 PM
I haven't heard the term metagon in many, many years. The video brought back many memories.
I don't think I've ever heard it before. I guess I must not have been around enough Italians in my life. Interesting word. Wonder what its origin is. Google search indicates it's specific to the American/Italian vocabulary. I don't get any impression at all that it was/is derogatory.

jerpinoy
10-10-2016, 01:50 AM
Awesome thanks for the memories that most of us American who have the same memories who (ancestry)

came in every shores, seaports, airports. Unless you are native American Indian the significant is obvious. God Bless us all with love.

PrairieSpyder
10-10-2016, 08:24 AM
I don't think I've ever heard it before. I guess I must not have been around enough Italians in my life. Interesting word. Wonder what its origin is. Google search indicates it's specific to the American/Italian vocabulary. I don't get any impression at all that it was/is derogatory.

"Metegon" would be "American" with an Italian accent, I think.

I'm also not Italian. I loved watching that, John. Italian-Italian to American in four generations. Though some of those rich experiences are lost, I think it's the way it should be. My family was in America for so long, we never knew what our ancestry was and all we had was mid-western "megaton" traditions. And the ethic that, as Americans, we could make of our lives whatever we wanted. When I was in college, a very distant relative doing geneology research contacted us. Suddenly we knew some facts about out ancestry, but it didn't change who we were. It just helped answer some questions about our surname.

Something else I noticed was how each generation worked to improve the circumstances of the next, and each subsequent generation continued that effort. That used to be a universal American dream, which, sadly is going by the wayside.