PDA

View Full Version : Broken hinge on right rear storage compartment ???

spyderherb
10-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Anyone have this problem? Right side rear storage compartment front hinge broke. It now drops down and must be aligned by hand to close. Took it today to Broward motorsports and they took pics and said they will notify Can Am for possible fix. My Ryde is 2015 RT 8500 mi. :(

trikermutha
10-08-2016, 08:13 PM
check with Doc Humphreys he has a kit to repair the side hinges that break.

Believe he has them on Ebay also.

But you can Pm him too

Grandpot
10-08-2016, 08:24 PM
+1 for Doc

Roadster Renovations
10-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Yes, feel free to PM me. I have the same hinge broken as you for about 15 months now and with the kit installed, it still works almost as good as new.

SpyderAnn01
10-08-2016, 10:12 PM
BRP likely will replace it under warranty, I had mine replaced that way. Be very careful of what you put in the lid when it is open. I wouldn't suggest sitting anything on the open door that weighs more than a few ounces.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Anyone have this problem? Right side rear storage compartment front hinge broke. It now drops down and must be aligned by hand to close. Took it today to Broward motorsports and they took pics and said they will notify Can Am for possible fix. My Ryde is 2015 RT 8500 mi. :(
BRP replaced mine when it broke at something like 6500 miles. Then put Doc Humphreys hinge reinforcements on. Which reminds me, I still haven't gotten them installed on mine!

trikerbiker645
10-08-2016, 11:56 PM
My left side front hinge broke with 2500 miles on it. Probably hadn't opened it a dozen times. Nothing on the door. BRP did authorize replacement and dealer changed the whole inner box out under warranty. I put Doc Humphreys kit on myself when I got it back because I don't want the dealer to have to do it again because of the condition I got the bike back in. Light scratch's on panels that I had to buff out, fingerprints everywhere, wouldn't open or close worth a s#@t, adjusted it myself. Dealer tech said the scratch's were there of course before they worked on it. If it needs future work warranty or otherwise that I can't do I'll find another dealer to work on it. Safe riding!

spyderherb
10-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Thanks all, Got a call today Can Am will repair under warranty:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
10-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Once you get it fixed: add Doc's hinge stiffener kit! nojoke
I've got them on my 2014. In spite of three seasons of overstuffing the compartments, piling all sorts of stuff on the open lids, and slamming them like they were made of steel: no problems at all! :2thumbs:

pegasus1300
10-24-2016, 10:40 PM
So I am hearing from statements made by a couple of you to put the hinge re enforcement on BEFORE the hinge breaks and it can keep them from breaking? Mine is a 2012, does this go for them also?

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-24-2016, 10:53 PM
So I am hearing from statements made by a couple of you to put the hinge re enforcement on BEFORE the hinge breaks and it can keep them from breaking? Mine is a 2012, does this go for them also?
Check Doc Humphrey's discussion and web site, but I think there was a change in 2014 that made the hinge part of the saddlebag somewhat weaker than in years past.