PDA

View Full Version : Heated seat.

Flier Tuck
10-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Just got a 2016 RT Limited, so I think this will be the first of many questions I will have for you guys. When i lift the seat, there is a harness of I think 4 wires that run from the seat pan into the foam of the seat at around the passengers left cheek area. Does this mean that I have a heated seat. There is no switch fitted that I can find. My local dealer has only recently got the dealership so is not of much help.
Thanks
Alan.

Chupaca
10-07-2016, 09:34 PM
It must be the passenger sensor so the computers know you have a ryder on board. Just make sure it is connected and you will be fine. :thumbup:

Peter Aawen
10-07-2016, 11:28 PM
It must be the passenger sensor so the computers know you have a Passenger on board. Just make sure it is connected and you will be fine. :thumbup:

Fixed it for you Chupaca (& Flier Tuck) - like you said Chupaca, it'll be the wiring for the pillion passenger sensor!

Flier, it just lets the Nanny know that you've got someone back there, & she can then take that into account while braking etc or 'intervening' during over-exuberant cornering. She wouldn't be a very good Nanny if she looked after the ryder, but was prepared to toss the pillion passenger off the back at the first chance, now would she?! :thumbup:

Jimboregon
10-08-2016, 10:57 AM
The heated seat has a visible tag near the pillion left cheek. It is also all black. Controlled by the same toggle switch that works the grip warmers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Flier Tuck
10-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks to all for your help. This was only the first of many questions.

Alan