PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Magic Man!

Capt John
04-02-2009, 07:30 AM
I got the 4" risers put on 3/31. It took me a little longer than I expected, about 3 1/2 hrs. This was done after a 14 hr work day. Didn't get it back together until last night. While I had the panels off. I intalled the BRP 12V outlet in the trunk. Some of the instructions from BRP on this install IMO are vague and missed one step on trunk removal completely. My neighbors are problably unhappy with me. Got everything together by 21:45 and just had to try out the new risers. I could have rode for hrs, but since I only got 3 1/2 hrs sleep the night before and had to get up at 03:30 to be at work for another 12 hr shift today. I only spent 30 mins on the :spyder2: I start my week off Friday. Can't wait to hit the road.:clap:

burg650
04-02-2009, 08:31 AM
I was told that the wire harness for the BRP 12V outlet is already there and all you have to do is to plug in the outlet, is this true or you have to buy the harness as well and run it.

bjt
04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
The wires are part of the stock harness and are right there in the position where they designate for installing the outlet. You need to cut / drill a hole for the outlet in the back wall of the trunk.

wukka
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
The wires are part of the stock harness and are right there in the position where they designate for installing the outlet. You need to cut / drill a hole for the outlet in the back wall of the trunk.

Makes you wonder how much it would REALLY have added to the cost if they just put the darn thing on every Spyder rolling out the factory door. Sure doesn't look like an expensive part, and the wiring is already there.

Roger
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
BJT you can't cut the hole while the trunk is attached or do you have to remove it to feed the wires thru.

Capt John
04-02-2009, 02:34 PM
You have to remove the trunk. Using a template provided with the outlet. You need to be dead on or when you re-install the trunk. The outlet will be hitting part of the frame and the trunk will not bolt back up. Also the wiring needs to run through the left side of the frame (clutch side).

zzneonzz
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
You have to remove the trunk. Using a template provided with the outlet. You need to be dead on or when you re-install the trunk. The outlet will be hitting part of the frame and the trunk will not bolt back up. Also the wiring needs to run through the left side of the frame (clutch side).

This is why a lot of dealers now are throwing these in on the front end and just including it in the price. The dealers i've talked to said that no one in their right mind is going to pay the 100$ labor to install a 30$ part. When it can be done on the front end for nothing but the 30$

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
This is why a lot of dealers now are throwing these in on the front end and just including it in the price. The dealers i've talked to said that no one in their right mind is going to pay the 100$ labor to install a 30$ part. When it can be done on the front end for nothing but the 30$
This is especially true since the Spyder is shipped without the trunk, and the dealer has to install it. Much easier to say you want the outlet while the Spyder is still in the crate, and if you have to pay, much cheaper.
-Scotty