PDA

View Full Version : this is so stupid, she shouldn't be a cop

cuznjohn
10-07-2016, 02:55 PM
http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicago-cop-says-she-feared-using-gun-while-being-beaten/1543015/

mowin
10-07-2016, 02:57 PM
http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicago-cop-says-she-feared-using-gun-while-being-beaten/1543015/

While I agree with you, I don't blame her and understand why she chose not to.

PW2013STL
10-07-2016, 03:24 PM

I agree and feel so bad for the good cops who get dragged into situations like this. I would not want to be in law enforcement as it's a no win no matter what you do!

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-07-2016, 03:32 PM
while i respect her reason's if she is going to do the job then she better do it to the best of her ability. this is what
the liberals are making our police do. what will it take for the media to report '51% of all u.s murders are done by
13%(black) of the population' or 90% on all blacks murdered are done by blacks.

mowin
10-07-2016, 04:41 PM
while i respect her reason's if she is going to do the job then she better do it to the best of her ability. this is what
the liberals are making our police do. what will it take for the media to report '51% of all u.s murders are done by
13%(black) of the population' or 90% on all blacks murdered are done by blacks.

Correct. But it's also the BLM. "If" she did her job as you say, her career is over. Her's and her family's safety is at risk of retaliation. Bet there wouldn't be the outrage if she died, then if she killed the POS.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Correct. But it's also the BLM. "If" she did her job as you say, her career is over. Her's and her family's safety is at risk of retaliation. Bet there wouldn't be the outrage if she died, then if she killed the POS.

and what if it were a civilians life then what would she do, i do sympathize with here but do your job as trained or give up
the badge.

wyliec
10-07-2016, 05:08 PM
I agree, give up the badge. She not only puts her life in danger, but other officers and civilians as well, with that type of thinking.

Bob Denman
10-07-2016, 05:08 PM
:shocked: I feel kind of bad for her... But if she feared for her life: she should have shot him! nojoke
What's the old saying about being "Judged by twelve; instead of carried by six"?

SteveLaoyster
10-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Don't they have any tasers that they could have used? I went on to Utube to see if I could find the video & there are a lot of videos about Chicago cops beating people. They have a serious problem. It's no wonder she didn't pull her gun.

Bfromla
10-07-2016, 05:56 PM

Same here...., BUT, if she had time to think of that , then she was not in fear of her life....
The social media & world news has made such an influence on officers to not do their job vigilantes will start cleaning up & Yes the world coming to an end. Spend time with loved ones & pray.

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

Orange Spyder Man
10-08-2016, 03:19 PM
If someone hits me. I will stop the threat.. ... I am too old to take a butt whooping and I am too young to die... make your own conclusion...

osm

Bob Denman
10-08-2016, 05:08 PM
:agree: :thumbup:

Peter Aawen
10-08-2016, 05:40 PM
C'mon people, give her a break!! While those of us who may be a tad older & crankier have a little more experience to call upon & may know otherwise, until it happens to you it's bloody hard to say how anyone is going to react when faced with taking someone else's life!! And that's especially the case when it's going to happen right there in front of you, not somewhere way out there at the end of a rifle sight or any other type of remote sensing device!! :yikes: And you hafta remember that there's a lot of 'media spin' floating around out there atm, especially with regard to Cops & shootings!! ;)

Still, she was faced with a bloody difficult & really IN HER FACE choice & in moments like that, it can seem to stretch out forever & seem like your whole life (or potential future) flashes before your eyes - and she has also seen what it means for the people & family on both sides of the equation with her exposure to what other Cops & their families have faced & from having to tell families that their loved ones are dead; plus she's seen all the trauma & vilification that the media invariably dumps on the 'big bad cops' who make the other choice; so 'in the heat of the moment' she chose to leave her weapon out of it!! :shocked:

Hard choice, bloody hard really, but it was hers to make in that moment, not mine, not anyone else's, so I can't really claim the right to judge her - but honestly, I think she made a far tougher & braver choice than many of us here would've been able to make at that time & under those conditions. She chose to leave her weapon un-fired when it could've made things a whole lot easier for her IN THAT MOMENT, but she considered the long term effects that pulling the trigger would have upon herself, her family, & the community as a whole, so she took the beating instead!! Brave Lady!! Very brave Lady!! I doubt I would've been able to do that then, & that I can say with some certainty, cos while there have been times when I've chosen to remove the threat for whatever reason, there has also been a time when I took a beating to protect someone else & to give them a chance & yeah, I ended up in hospital for it; but what she did under those conditions, I doubt I could've been that strong & I probably would've pulled the trigger with little thought for the longer term/greater repercussions. :opps:

So I salute her for making the choice she did in that moment, even if it wasn't the choice I would've made, just like I salute & respect every other LEO & Service person out there for the millions of extremely hard & brave choices they make on my behalf every single day!! :bowdown: (where's the 'salute' emoji when you want it??)

wyliec
10-08-2016, 06:37 PM
That's right. It was her choice. She should no longer be out in the field because she not only will put her life at risk, but the life of others. Desk duty or out. Her partner tasered, pepper sprayed, and with the assistance of two other officers arrested the suspect. I salute them.

lou49
10-08-2016, 08:28 PM
When my daughter went to the police Academy in order to graduate she had to fight n
beat guys much bigger than her! Guess what? She did! I thought police officer could legally use their weapons if they see their life is in danger! This police officer chose not to! I do respect her decision! The sad part is that this fellow will probably be free in very little time! Glad my daughter not on the c p force any more!

otter28169
10-08-2016, 10:00 PM
I had a friend who was MP in the air force, and then a Sheriff's Deputy. He explained it to me like this; If it is between me and you, I assure you I am going home to my family at the end of the night no matter what I have to do to you to make that happen.

If you get into a fight with an officer, you are most likely gonna get shot.

Just sayin'............