PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Matthew Folks Check In

DJFaninTN
10-06-2016, 02:20 PM
want to keep our thoughts and prayers for those who are going to be effected by Hurricane Matthew. please check in when you can and give all of us an update.

Bob Denman
10-06-2016, 05:04 PM
We'll be keeping all of you in our kindest thoughts and prayers... :pray::pray:

tobor9
10-07-2016, 12:17 AM
I don't think it will too bad here,hopefully it will be down to a category 2 or 1 by the time it gets here. we are high and it has never flooded here even from Hugo back in '89(we stayed then also)

Pirate looks at --
10-07-2016, 07:32 AM
I don't think it will too bad here,hopefully it will be down to a category 2 or 1 by the time it gets here. we are high and it has never flooded here even from Hugo back in '89(we stayed then also)

Things are always better when you are High!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

whitespyder1189
10-07-2016, 10:50 AM
My son also lives in Royal Palm. We were in touch with him in and out all evening last night and early this morning. Thankful that storm didn't hit as bad as I worried it was going to. We hope north of you fares well.

bodymanpainter
10-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Well I'm sitting in my office at home and watching it from my window
right now and it's not that bad now but it may get worse later in the
afternoon but not worried about flooding or too much wind, just downed
trees and loss of power (generator won't start). But have some supplies
and plenty of gas and both Spyders are tucked away safe!
Will stay in touch if the power stays on, thanks for all the well wishes
and prayers.
Toby
Yulee, Florida (about 10 miles from the ocean)

Chupaca
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Lived in Fla three times and know what it's like...fingers crossed and the reports keep to the same tone...:pray:

Sam Mac
10-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Well I'm sitting in my office at home and watching it from my window
right now and it's not that bad now but it may get worse later in the
afternoon but not worried about flooding or too much wind, just downed
trees and loss of power (generator won't start). But have some supplies
and plenty of gas and both Spyders are tucked away safe!
Will stay in touch if the power stays on, thanks for all the well wishes
and prayers.
Toby
Yulee, Florida (about 10 miles from the ocean)

Holler if I can help with the generator. I'll PM my e-mail address.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-07-2016, 01:19 PM
If you really want to see a natural disaster then check out our property tax bill on long island for the last 30 years.
best of luck for those in matthews path

bodymanpainter
10-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Holler if I can help with the generator. I'll PM my e-mail address.

PM sent.
Toby

bodymanpainter
10-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Well the storm is just off shore and we have faired well so far and should not
be too much longer until it starts to improve!
It was very interesting to watch and didn't get very much damage. We were lucky
thank God.
Toby

Sam Mac
10-07-2016, 06:42 PM
PM sent.
Toby

If you sent me a PM I didn't get it. I sent you a PM with my e-mail address. :dontknow:

bodymanpainter
10-07-2016, 06:55 PM
If you sent me a PM I didn't get it. I sent you a PM with my e-mail address. :dontknow:
Sorry, playing with a new tablet and not sure how to use it yet.
But thank you for your offer to help. The problem with the generator is
old gas dried in the carb. and it's clogged the jet.
Will try to clean it Better when I can take it to my shop.
Thanks,
Toby

Sam Mac
10-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Sorry, playing with a new tablet and not sure how to use it yet.
But thank you for your offer to help. The problem with the generator is
old gas dried in the carb. and it's clogged the jet.
Will try to clean it Better when I can take it to my shop.
Thanks,
Toby

Sounds like you at least know what the problem is. Pull the carb, clean it out, use a fine wire, carb cleaner and compressed air to clean the passageways. Sometime soaking in vinegar helps. Once you get it running try some seafoam in the gas. When your done running it drain the gas tank then put just a little gas in it that has stabil in it and run it dry. Generators are great but people always seem to shut them off and leave them with gas in them. Try to find gas without ethanol if you can. Holler if I can help.

bodymanpainter
10-08-2016, 12:01 AM
Sounds like you at least know what the problem is. Pull the carb, clean it out, use a fine wire, carb cleaner and compressed air to clean the passageways. Sometime soaking in vinegar helps. Once you get it running try some seafoam in the gas. When your done running it drain the gas tank then put just a little gas in it that has stabil in it and run it dry. Generators are great but people always seem to shut them off and leave them with gas in them. Try to find gas without ethanol if you can. Holler if I can help.

That sounds good, thanks, I will give it a try.
Toby

r1100rider
10-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Better yet put AV gas it stuff that sits it's good for years not if you have a catalytic converter though

Chupaca
10-08-2016, 10:27 AM
First of all good wishes to all those up in the Carolinas :pray:...from "My Radar app" I see the weather is in your area now.

As to Generators...While working for a large Honda Suzuki dealer in Texas during hurricane season we always had the two crowds. One group would be buying generators off the delivery truck, we serviced them right on the curb, and the others were bringing in the ones they bought and never stored as instructed in the manual. We did carb cleans by the hundreds. Then there were the water pumps in lesser amounts....If nothing else run them dry or drain the bowl....:lecturef_smilie: