PDA

View Full Version : Installed KewlMetal Peg Mounts

Sara
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
--------I had plactic all over the garage---took me about 5 hours, but I got the peg mounts installed, and they are as solid as a rock---now I'll find a good set of foot pegs----I'm impressed with the KewlMetal organization so far-----I've read so negative criticisim----but I had a good experience. The foot supports that I formed and installed fit in with the mounts very well----Ready for a good trip----weather is behaving too.

vwatso
04-01-2009, 11:28 PM
5 Hours did you pull the motor out?

Sara
04-02-2009, 12:04 AM
-------that the way to do it????

effgjamis
04-02-2009, 12:28 AM
5 Hours did you pull the motor out?

Now Now..... :joke::joke::joke:

great job Sara.

SpyderByter
04-02-2009, 02:47 AM
yea don't let vwatso rib ya. Great job. Always better to accomplish it yours4elf even if it takes longer than some of these master mechs. I had the platic off my machine all winter and slowly, very slowly, got oil changed, risers, mirror extensions, rear shock cover and a spider web installed. Next Winter, I attack the highway pegs, or most likely floor boards, maybe some hard luggage.

Your right about Kewlmetal. I myself was getting frustrated trying to contact them, and that seems to be the biggest complaint. The products are good and worth the wait. Once I got a hold of Hilda, she explained the parts may take a while, but they came in quicker than she estimated. Email seems to be the best way to contact them.

rc51ny
04-02-2009, 05:32 AM
How about some pics of the install?? :pray:

ataDude
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Sara... I've posted this before but if you're going to work on the Spyder, get one of these. Add the #30 Torx bit to the reversible Dremel driver, and all panels can be installed or removed in 10 minutes.

http://www.cporotarytools.com/images/product/dremel/large/1130-01.jpg

vwatso
04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Sara,

I was just kiddding on engine part and timing. Thought I clicked in the:joke: tab, but I see now I did'nt! I have the KEWL highway mounts myself and enjoy the extra comfort they provide. Keep up the great work. Let me know if you need anything in the future?

Thanks,
vwatso

Sara
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
----------------I enjoy a quick wit------Now I'm looking for some foot pegs that are about 8" long----simple, round and rubber covered. I got a nice, short set today for $10.00, but the are about 5" long. How do I place pictures on this forum??----I'm a bit challenged by computer operations''''''''Thanks.......SSSS

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 04:19 PM
----------------I enjoy a quick wit------Now I'm looking for some foot pegs that are about 8" long----simple, round and rubber covered. I got a nice, short set today for $10.00, but the are about 5" long. How do I place pictures on this forum??----I'm a bit challenged by computer operations''''''''Thanks.......SSSS
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8044

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Sara... I've posted this before but if you're going to work on the Spyder, get one of these. Add the #30 Torx bit to the reversible Dremel driver, and all panels can be installed or removed in 10 minutes.

Good to know. A friend of mine who has a body shop said if I bring him the red panels, he wil paint the phantom black for free for me. Yes...he's a good friend.

spy08
04-06-2009, 08:12 PM

atadude, I noticed your post about the dremel driver last week and picked one up. I got to admit it is very handy and compact. thanks again :thumbup:

ataDude
04-06-2009, 08:13 PM
No problem. :D

atadude, I noticed your post about the dremel driver last week and picked one up. I got to admit it is very handy and compact. thanks again :thumbup: