PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for handlebar vibrations?

Just Doo Me
04-01-2009, 09:57 PM
What have most people found to work best to reduce the vibrations through the bars? Grip puppies,weighted bar ends etc. I have replaced the stock grip with a gel grip.I run my frt.tire pressure at 20 psi rear at 28 also shocks are 1 notch from firmest.I could back these down but would then lose the handling in the twistes:dontknow:.Recommendations?

Firefly
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
What have most people found to work best to reduce the vibrations through the bars? Grip puppies,weighted bar ends etc. I have replaced the stock grip with a gel grip.I run my frt.tire pressure at 20 psi rear at 28 also shocks are 1 notch from firmest.I could back these down but would then lose the handling in the twistes:dontknow:.Recommendations?

Heavy Throttlemeister, Bar Snake & grip puppies work well.

bone crusher
04-02-2009, 12:37 AM
You don't need the heavy throttlemeister...the normal size works just fine...IMHO, it fits the contour of the bike a little better too...

Either will work, plus you get the added benefit of a mechanical throttle lock so that you can rest your right hand on longer rides!

Get two birdies with one stone!

Highly recommended!

sleepman
04-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Go old school and toss a roll of nickles in them. :D Actually you'll probably get the best results from the bar snake. Of course if you want to lessen the vibration and get a more comfortable ride at the same time go for the NMN risers. :2thumbs:

2faston3
04-02-2009, 05:17 AM
DooMe:

Get the SS bar weights from CANAM, and pump up the tires to the proper pressure. I did.

Ride Safe

2faston3

Bersquack
04-02-2009, 06:10 AM
I have the billet anti-vibe kit from BRP and it works well.

aubierules
04-02-2009, 07:03 AM
You don't need the heavy throttlemeister...the normal size works just fine...IMHO, it fits the contour of the bike a little better too...

Either will work, plus you get the added benefit of a mechanical throttle lock so that you can rest your right hand on longer rides!

Get two birdies with one stone!

Highly recommended!
i disagree...i think the heavy being longer makes it ezier to operate for me...and the more weight the less the vibration

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Risers will improve your handling and knock down the vibration. :doorag:

http://www.nomagicneon.com/SpyderHandlebarRiserKits.html

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=2

mike3069
04-02-2009, 07:13 AM

:agree:

dltang
04-02-2009, 07:15 AM
i disagree...i think the heavy being longer makes it ezier to operate for me...and the more weight the less the vibration

I agree on this one!!:agree::agree:

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Go old school and toss a roll of nickles in them. :D
:) I had completely forgotten that old trick. Thanks for the memories.
-Scotty

Roaddog2
04-02-2009, 07:23 AM
:) I had completely forgotten that old trick. Thanks for the memories.
-ScottyIN your case they might have been Buffalo Heads :2thumbs:

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 07:25 AM
IN your case they might have been Buffalo Heads :2thumbs:
There's another kind????? :D
-Scotty

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Must of been bigger bars or smaller nickles because I just tried a nickle, penny and dime on a cutoff bar I had and none of them will go in the bar. :dontknow:

Now I have heard of using lead shot and BB's.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=1706

LDFIREWORKS
04-02-2009, 08:10 AM
4IN NMN RISERS WORKED FOR ME:thumbup::thumbup:

Bersquack
04-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Lamont, are you trying with 7/8" or 1" bars?

Lamonster
04-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Lamont, are you trying with 7/8" or 1" bars?

Our bars (Spyder) are 7/8" and back in the day all the Asian bikes were 7/8", Harley were the only 1" bars back then that I know of.

sleepman
04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Must of been bigger bars or smaller nickles because I just tried a nickle, penny and dime on a cutoff bar I had and none of them will go in the bar. :dontknow:

Now I have heard of using lead shot and BB's.

Thought about that after I'd made that post. I was thinking about when I had my Harley's.

Bersquack
04-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I knew about the spyder and harley bars, but not that most asian bikes used the 7/8". Makes sense that you used the 7/8" bars to check now.

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah, it was a Harley trick, for sure!
-Scotty

tatt2r
04-02-2009, 10:43 AM

http://www.nomagicneon.com/SpyderHandlebarRiserKits.html

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=2
:agree:

Greg H.
04-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm getting the BRP Anti-Vibe Bar Ends. :)

crazycanuck
04-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm getting the BRP Anti-Vibe Bar Ends. :)

let me know the results, I am looking at those too

bone crusher
04-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm sure those will work but why not add the throttlemeister and get the added benefit? And why didn't BRP include those anyway? They must've known about the vibration issues...

Director
04-02-2009, 01:08 PM
let me know the results, I am looking at those too

I have them. They work very well. I didn't find the amount of vibration excessive even without them, but the grips are completely dead smooth with the anti-vibe kit installed. :thumbup:
I know some people swear by Throttlemeister, but I am not a fan. I like the Industries 7 throttle lock - simple, cheap and effective.

Bruce

Greg H.
04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I have them. They work very well. I didn't find the amount of vibration excessive even without them, but the grips are completely dead smooth with the anti-vibe kit installed. :thumbup:
I know some people swear by Throttlemeister, but I am not a fan. I like the Industries 7 throttle lock - simple, cheap and effective.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce! I might be getting those Anti-Vibe Bar Ends sooner - than later!

And, for me; it's different areas of the rev range where the vibration is worse. Some places it's quite vibration free.

NancysToy
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I ride an old Triumph. Believe me, the Spyder doesn't vibrate! It just quivers a tiny bit. :D
-Scotty

Smylinacha
04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Just take little breaks - ride no handed once in a while.:2thumbs:

0228lisa
04-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Thought about that after I'd made that post. I was thinking about when I had my Harley's.

Guess that's why you call yourself the "Sleepman".

Sorry couldn't resist.:popcorn:

TONI
04-15-2009, 09:24 PM

Bruce

Bruce, what is the link for the Industries 7 throttle lock in your above post?

I have the NMN 3" risers & BRP 1" but the vibration is still more than I can tolerate for more than a few minutes. I use thick gloves with gel padding and also wear glove liners as I have nerve issues in my hands & feet. Even with thick sole boots with extra insoles in them & thick socks, its a little better but I need to do something about the hand vibration.

bjt
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM

I have the NMN 3" risers & BRP 1" but the vibration is still more than I can tolerate for more than a few minutes. I use thick gloves with gel padding and also wear glove liners as I have nerve issues in my hands & feet. Even with thick sole boots with extra insoles in them & thick socks, its a little better but I need to do something about the hand vibration.

Another option is to call NoMagicNeon. He told me he doesn't stock the I7 throttle lock but he can get it for us if we wanted it.

Director
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM

Here you go, Toni:

http://www.industries7.com/pages/NProduct.jsp

Bruce