PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Of This Experiment?

Bob Denman
10-04-2016, 01:07 PM
:dontknow: I've always tried to live my life as color-blind as possible...
Was this staged????
If it was: it would say an awful lot about the foils who posted it...

https://youtu.be/SL8f5iWrzN0

cuznjohn
10-04-2016, 01:28 PM
it is such a shame that in this day and age, all people can't get along. yes we all have different ideas of what life should be, but to see the difference between two neighborhoods is amazing. in this country you can be whatever you want to be, so if the opportunity is there, why not try too better yourself. i never went to collage, as a matter of fact i quit high school. but yet i went to night school to get my GED and took the chance of trying to get on the police force or the electrical union. i was accepted by both but because i needed the GED i missed the first time i could of gotten in both. did i stop and become a bad person, NO, i got my GED then picked my union over the police, and had a great work experience for close to 40 years, and i an now retired with a great pension, with health care. so the people that don't want to try in this country, have no excuse for not living a better life then they are now. protesting is not a job.

mowin
10-04-2016, 01:42 PM
it is such a shame that in this day and age, all people can't get along. yes we all have different ideas of what life should be, but to see the difference between two neighborhoods is amazing. in this country you can be whatever you want to be, so if the opportunity is there, why not try too better yourself. i never went to collage, as a matter of fact i quit high school. but yet i went to night school to get my GED and took the chance of trying to get on the police force or the electrical union. i was accepted by both but because i needed the GED i missed the first time i could of gotten in both. did i stop and become a bad person, NO, i got my GED then picked my union over the police, and had a great work experience for close to 40 years, and i an now retired with a great pension, with health care. so the people that don't want to try in this country, have no excuse for not living a better life then they are now. protesting is not a job.

:agree:. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-04-2016, 02:16 PM
It looked staged to me. The last person starting the fight seemed to be the same as one that popped up earlier. There is an underlying problem here and don't think we are going to solve it on SL. The group mentioned was up here engaging in training on how to tick off the police and be non-cooperative. Can't see how support is going to solve anything.

Copperman
10-04-2016, 03:08 PM
It looked staged to me.

Don't be so naive.

mxz600
10-04-2016, 03:33 PM
If that test was real, that guy has a HUGE pair of truck nuts hanging from his pickup.

I would not put myself out there like that.

vided
10-04-2016, 03:40 PM

wyliec
10-04-2016, 04:54 PM

I'm not sure that is possible (for anyone). But, that's a nice thought. Although you did qualify your statement with the words "tried" and "as possible."

Bob Denman
10-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Ron,
I wouldn't lie about something like that... nojoke
We ALL bring certain pre-conceived notions to the table every day. Knowing that, and knowing the baggage carried around by some of my family members: I've tried to get past some of their "less than evolved" lines of thought...
I like to remember my Great-Great-Great-Great Uncle John. He refused to become a citizen of this County (after landing here in 1795), because of the ability of one class of people; to own another.

PrairieSpyder
10-04-2016, 09:26 PM
There was no need to let any of those guys attach him. All he had to do is run, and then laugh at the fellas trying to hold up their pants and chase at the same time!

:roflblack::roflblack:

TicketBait
10-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Was this staged????
If it was: it would say an awful lot about the foils who posted it...

It wasn't accurate for gauging what people thought. Was mocking fun at the deliberate attempt to have a discussion about a very serious problem. The fact that the "All Lives Matter" was not done at a store where people were coming and going.

I read a couple of the comments that some of the 4,500,000 views generated. This one near the top caught my attention, and I quote "This isn't an experiment, this is a sham. Of course whites aren't going to react in the same way blacks do because they are not the ones who feel affected by this all because of the way the media has portrayed this all. If there was an issue where whites were being 'targeted' and something like this was done I guarantee you whites would react very negatively."

There was an article yesterday in major newspaper about a study done with preschoolers where the teachers both black and white and the children both black and white boys and girls were observed how they were watched, spoken to and punished for the childs is misbehavior. Guess which group or gender was treated more harshly? Yes all lives matter, but not all are treated the same, even in preschool.

otter28169
10-05-2016, 12:37 PM
It wasn't accurate for gauging what people thought. Was mocking fun at the deliberate attempt to have a discussion about a very serious problem. The fact that the "All Lives Matter" was not done at a store where people were coming and going.

I read a couple of the comments that some of the 4,500,000 views generated. This one near the top caught my attention, and I quote "This isn't an experiment, this is a sham. Of course whites aren't going to react in the same way blacks do because they are not the ones who feel affected by this all because of the way the media has portrayed this all. If there was an issue where whites were being 'targeted' and something like this was done I guarantee you whites would react very negatively."

There was an article yesterday in major newspaper about a study done with preschoolers where the teachers both black and white and the children both black and white boys and girls were observed how they were watched, spoken to and punished for the childs is misbehavior. Guess which group or gender was treated more harshly? Yes all lives matter, but not all are treated the same, even in preschool.

This video is not a good "experiment", it is just being offensive.The only concern over this whole issue is that it seems like some of the people involved (the 10%ers as it were) are more interested in creating an even bigger divide between the people in this nation.

I am with TB on this one this video proves nothing.

Just sayin'............

wyliec
10-05-2016, 01:29 PM
There was no need to let any of those guys attach him. All he had to do is run, and then laugh at the fellas trying to hold up their pants and chase at the same time!

:roflblack::roflblack:

I thought the funniest part (if this was real) was when they (the attackers) started to remove their t-shirts, because t-shirts are so restrictive and they're so expensive.

MOSESS
10-08-2016, 09:13 AM
After watching this crap, I feel for those that cant tell that this was a shallow attempt at telling what's on our minds. there are a lot of issues and we need to talk and accept each other or we will all burn .We are much stronger as a nation when every is included..