PDA

View Full Version : Tony Fischer's Extensions + my Nelson-Rigg Bags! Here we go! >>>

Greg H.
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec69749abf2c500000040O08AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec69703c2f28900000040O08AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec696ed55d22500000040O08AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec697651e735600000040O08AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec69676bc921900000040O08AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec696cfef53be00000040O08AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec69721a273c800000050O38AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9da20b3127ccec697944233ea00000040O08AZtmbZq0aMw e3nw0/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

For me; it's just what the Doctor ordered, folks! A great fit! This is the perfect solution for the Spyder owner that wants to tour, but not have hard bags hanging on. Put the N-R or Cortech bags on when you and the passenger want to tour. Remove them, when you are out about the town, or just on a long day ride. Just Perfect! :thumbup: I installed the extensions today. And, I must say; I'm impressed! Note; there is enough clearance for your passenger's ankles.

Well done, Tony! :clap:

zzneonzz
04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Glad to see you got them installed Greg. Looks really good!!!

Greg H.
04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Glad to see you got them installed Greg. Looks really good!!!

Dig that! Notice, I have the signature Minnie Pearl price tag still hanging on the bags!! roflmao :cheers:

I think it's time for another beer! :cheers:

kalavera
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
will those nelson riggs cinch up a little tighter(closer together) and higher? I dont think my dual two brothers exhaust will clear those bags...

been seriously looking at the Cortech and Nelson Riggs for a few weeks now... but if they wont cinch up any higher, I might be SOL like with the corbin bags

zzneonzz
04-01-2009, 10:14 PM
will those nelson riggs cinch up a little tighter(closer together) and higher? I dont think my dual two brothers exhaust will clear those bags...

been seriously looking at the Cortech and Nelson Riggs for a few weeks now... but if they wont cinch up any higher, I might be SOL like with the corbin bags

You can tighten the velcro up more to bring them up higher but i still don't think it will clear the 2bro duals. It clears the stock by about 2-3 inches at the highest point.

Big Arm
04-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Very Nice, Greg :thumbup:

I have the Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak, and love them !
I really like those extensions. :congrats:

DynamoBT
04-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Love the Minnie Pearl look :shocked:

Good to see other options besides hard luggage. Thanks for the pics!!!

Greg H.
04-02-2009, 09:02 AM

Sure! As Tim mentioned, they will cinch up some more. As you see in my photos, the bags are right under my turn signals.

bjt
04-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Dig that! Notice, I have the signature Minnie Pearl price tag still hanging on the bags!! roflmao :cheers:

That way, you can return them for a refund after your trip. :joke:

The entire setup looks good. :thumbup:

Greg H.
04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
That way, you can return them for a refund after your trip. :joke:

The entire setup looks good. :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah! The hangtags add a nice touch! They might still be on there when we do our Birmingham ride in May! Lol! :cheers:

Roger
04-02-2009, 01:07 PM
HOOOOOOOOOWDY!!!! NICE GREG

Greg H.
04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
HOOOOOOOOOWDY!!!! NICE GREG

Why! Thank you, Roger! :thumbup:

The Dude Abides..

Director
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM

Guinness? Kilkenny? Grolsch? Stella Artois? Sorry, I gave up beer for Lent and I am fantasizing...

I like those footpeg extenders. Think I may have to get me a set...

Greg H.
04-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Guinness? Kilkenny? Grolsch? Stella Artois? Sorry, I gave up beer for Lent and I am fantasizing...

I like those footpeg extenders. Think I may have to get me a set...

I love Guinness. :thumbup: I always keep some on hand. I prefer beers with body. And, it's a classis stout, for sure. Of what Canada offers; Quebec has the Unibroue Brewery. They offer some great beers, as well - Big beers! Overall, I'm a hophead. I love Pale Ales and big IPAs. :) But, I try as many as I can. Beer is certainly a hobby of mine. In moderation, of course.:D

COOLMACHINE
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Why! Thank you, Roger! :thumbup:

The Dude Abides..

Interesting Greg. Well first of all, yes I sure do like the bags. Looks real nice. I'm considering them myself or the Cortech.
Now to the real reason for my response. I see you must have an interest in music by your pic of ELP's Brain Salad Surgery.
That being said, your comment, "The Dude Abides." Reminds me of the movie, "The Big Labowski." With Jeff Bridges.
Is that where you got that from? If so, do you remember a song from that movie called "What condition my condition was in?"
If so, do you happen to know who originally sang that song? Now I know you can just google it to find out, but before you do that, I'll give you a hint. He later became a big country singer, and a few years back had a terrible plastic surgery job.
And last but not least. If your comment, "The Dude Abides" has nothing to do with the Big Labowski..... well then, you just might consider me a nut!
Keep it on two wheels.... or three. TTYL. Jerry :spyder:

Greg H.
04-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Interesting Greg. Well first of all, yes I sure do like the bags. Looks real nice. I'm considering them myself or the Cortech.
Now to the real reason for my response. I see you must have an interest in music by your pic of ELP's Brain Salad Surgery.
That being said, your comment, "The Dude Abides." Reminds me of the movie, "The Big Labowski." With Jeff Bridges.
Is that where you got that from? If so, do you remember a song from that movie called "What condition my condition was in?"
If so, do you happen to know who originally sang that song? Now I know you can just google it to find out, but before you do that, I'll give you a hint. He later became a big country singer, and a few years back had a terrible plastic surgery job.
And last but not least. If your comment, "The Dude Abides" has nothing to do with the Big Labowski..... well then, you just might consider me a nut!
Keep it on two wheels.... or three. TTYL. Jerry :spyder:

About the bags; Thank You! :)

And, Ya got me! Oh yes! I am a very big fan of ELP. And, you are the first here, to comment on my avatar. It's also my avatar on the Steve Hoffman Music Boards. I feel, I was fortunate to see Emerson Lake and Palmer during the 'Brain Salad Surgery' Tour in 1974 - Tucson, AZ - Feb. 22nd, 1974. :) As a matter of fact, a fellow fan of ELP who also hosts a website dedicated to the band asked me permission to host my Kodak Instamatic photos on this site. Yeah! He spotted my scanned photos - the very photos I took the night of the show in Tucson. Here they are..
He lives in the Netherlands.
http://www.brain-salad-surgery.de/1974_02_22_Tucson.htm

They aren't much! But, I must say; I feel a bit honored nevertheless. About 2 years ago, I pulled my prints out of a box, and decided to scan them. And, here they are! :)

To this day, Carl Palmer remains my favorite drummer; Greg Lake; my favorite male vocalist, and Keith Emerson; my favorite keyboardist. ELP was, and is incredible! Between 'Brain Salad Surgery', and 'In The Court of the Crimson King', I go back and forth on which is my favorite Progressive Rock Album of all time. But, that's just me!
Of course, I love ELP's first album, and everything in between, as well. :thumbup: I once again saw Greg Lake perform with Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band in 2001. Amazing!

Regarding, "The Big Lebowski"; I'm a huge fan, yes! :) Matter of fact; that's the name of my bowling team.:clap: And, it's the one movie I have on my iPod. And, I have all versions on DVD.

'This Aggression will not stand!......:thumbup:

But, honestly, I don't know who originally sang, "What condition my condition was in".

COOLMACHINE
04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Regarding, "The Big Lebowski"; I'm a huge fan, yes! :) Matter of fact; that's the name of my bowling team.:clap: And, it's the one movie I have on my iPod. And, I have all versions on DVD.

But, honestly, I don't know who originally sang, "What condition my condition was in".

Greg,
I'm a huge fan of Rock n Roll. The 70's are the best IMO. I've got music on an external drive of over 10,000 songs at my fingertips. Gotta love the computer thing. The singer of "What condition my condition is in" is Kenny Rogers. :D By the way, " It really ties the room together."
One other thing. My avatar is of the "Missouri Album Cover." It is actually a woodburn of it I did. If ever you are interested in getting one, give me a hollar. I have considered doing one of brain salad surgery and have blew up the pic to do so but never got around to it. I can burn almost anything. I'm thinking of one of the Spyder. I already have burned album covers of Queen II, BOC - Some Enchanted Evening and the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Nice chatting with you.
Are you close enough to missouri to think about the ride we are doing on June 13th at Fort Leonard Wood? TTYL. Jerry :spyder:

Director
04-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Greg,
I'm a huge fan of Rock n Roll. The 70's are the best IMO. I've got music on an external drive of over 10,000 songs at my fingertips. Gotta love the computer thing. The singer of "What condition my condition is in" is Kenny Rogers. :D By the way, " It really ties the room together."
One other thing. My avatar is of the "Missouri Album Cover." It is actually a woodburn of it I did. If ever you are interested in getting one, give me a hollar. I have considered doing one of brain salad surgery and have blew up the pic to do so but never got around to it. I can burn almost anything. I'm thinking of one of the Spyder. I already have burned album covers of Queen II, BOC - Some Enchanted Evening and the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Nice chatting with you.
Are you close enough to missouri to think about the ride we are doing on June 13th at Fort Leonard Wood? TTYL. Jerry :spyder:

To be completely precise, it was "Kenny Rogers and the First Edition" who did that song. Kenny struck out on his own sometime after that. I am old enough to remember when it was released. :yikes:

Bruce

aubierules
04-03-2009, 12:33 PM
I love Guinness. I'm a hophead.
funny...we used to call druggies hopheads...and yes i get it...hopps-beer:D

NancysToy
04-03-2009, 02:21 PM
To be completely precise, it was "Kenny Rogers and the First Edition" who did that song. Kenny struck out on his own sometime after that. I am old enough to remember when it was released. :yikes:

Bruce
LOL I was going to spill the beans, but I figured everybody would just say "Kenny who?", or "What First Edition?" I'll go you one better, we spent a fun evening with Kenny and the group when that song was out. They happened to be staying at a motel nearby for an engagement, and we ran into them in the restaurant. He was regular folks back then...far from famous. :2thumbs:
-Scotty

Director
04-03-2009, 02:45 PM
LOL I was going to spill the beans, but I figured everybody would just say "Kenny who?", or "What First Edition?" I'll go you one better, we spent a fun evening with Kenny and the group when that song was out. They happened to be staying at a motel nearby for an engagement, and we ran into them in the restaurant. He was regular folks back then...far from famous. :2thumbs:
-Scotty

Kewl, Scotty! :thumbup:

Don in E Texas
04-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Greg - nice setup with your new bags.... good job..

Did someone mention beer?:cheers:

I have a kegerator at the house --- currently have a keg of Newcastle Brown Ale on tap.... (misc. brews in the 'fridge - -we don't do light/lite stuff here).

....if you are ever in E Texas............:chat:

don

zzneonzz
04-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Did someone mention beer?:cheers:

I have a kegerator at the house --- currently have a keg of Newcastle Brown Ale on tap.... (misc. brews in the 'fridge - -we don't do light/lite stuff here).

....if you are ever in E Texas............:chat:

don

Newcastle my favorite!!!!!!:D

wyliec
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Greg H.,

Did you also install the exhaust lowering bracket? I will be purchasing the peg extenders; but, I want to make sure whether I'll need the exhaust bracket. I have the stock exhaust.

Thanks

Trickie Dick
04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Greg H.,

Did you also install the exhaust lowering bracket? I will be purchasing the peg extenders; but, I want to make sure whether I'll need the exhaust bracket. I have the stock exhaust.

Thanks

I emailed Tony through ebay and asked that question and his answer was you need the exhaust bracket if you have the stock pipe.

zzneonzz
04-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Greg H.,

Thanks

Greg told me he did not need to use the bracket for the exhaust but he has the Hindle. Based on what he told me if you have the stock pipe you will most likely need the bracket to lower it a bit.

BRPjunkie
04-03-2009, 09:43 PM
-Scotty

Can't even recognize Kenny now since his plastic surgery. The first edition of Kenny Rogers is gone forever now.

COOLMACHINE
04-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Ahhhhhh.....
All you crazy Rock n Roll Dudes! Gosh Darn Spyder Lovers! :cheers:
But, Kenny Rogers was the singer, was he not? And I DID write SINGER! so there. LOLOL
I love this Spyder forum stuff. I'm gettin hooked. Safe riding everyone and thanks for chiming in!

Greg H.
04-04-2009, 07:31 AM

Greg,

:2thumbs: Jerry: a BSS album cover done it wood, would be fantastic!
We are about 4.5 hours from St. Louis. And, certainly overdue for a trip there. Not sure if we would be able to make a ride there in June, or not. We'll have to see as that time approaches.

I had completely forgotten Kenny Rogers (and The First Edition) performed that song, too! :dontknow: :)

vt228
04-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Glad to see you got them installed looks great :clap::2thumbs:to you looks good on her

COOLMACHINE
04-04-2009, 04:20 PM
-Scotty

Nice one NancysToy. Sounds as if you got me a few better :2thumbs: I love to hear those kinds of stories. Thanks for sharing. I have heard a few over the years. It's never happened to me though.

nyfdtsdemt
06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
who sells them?

zzneonzz
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
who sells them?

Ebay. Or he is a member of the forums might be able to talk to him from here.