PDA

View Full Version : i thought it was against the law to do this

cuznjohn
09-29-2016, 03:21 PM
being a electrician, we were always told it was against the law to electric shock someone on purpose to protect your property THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyt8_zJr8QE

ARtraveler
09-29-2016, 03:37 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Peteoz
09-29-2016, 03:47 PM
It might be "illegal", Cuzn, but I certainly enjoyed it. What makes people think they have the right to remove someone else's sign just because THEY don't agree with its message?

vided
09-29-2016, 04:17 PM
It might be "illegal", Cuzn, but I certainly enjoyed it. What makes people think they have the right to remove someone else's sign just because THEY don't agree with its message?

It's called progressive think, their way or the highway :banghead::banghead:

Cavman
09-29-2016, 04:27 PM
When I lived in the Marietta, GA area I would stand on a ladder and nail a sign to a tree out of reach.

Bob Denman
09-29-2016, 04:45 PM
I think that it's illegal to hook it up to 220... :shocked:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-29-2016, 04:45 PM
I always thought theft was illegal, let him call a cop

Bob Denman
09-29-2016, 04:55 PM
:D That's right; what can he say?? :roflblack::roflblack:

cuznjohn
09-29-2016, 05:16 PM
when i was working, i got plenty of shocks over the years. i always would say, that the worst shock you could get, is the one you don't expect. in the office buildings in the city, they use 277 volts for lighting, and 120/220 for power. one day i was working in a plaster ceiling with a lot of metal in it. the old timer i worked with was watching me on the 6 foot ladder and he swore he had the switch off for the light. i reached into the electric box to pull out the wires so i could disconnect them to take the fixture out, and when i took hold of the wires, i got hit with 277 volts. i had a cigarette in my mouth at the time, and i don't remember coming down off the ladder, and the young lady at the desk next to where i was working, ( at the time we could still smoke in the buildings ) she got up, walked about 3 desks away om hers, picked up my cigarette and brought it back to me, and said, how the hell did you spit it that far. i must of shook for a half hour after that shock.

2Paw
09-29-2016, 05:22 PM
I always thought theft was illegal, let him call a cop

The article that went with this said he was arrested for trespassing.:thumbup:

Sam Mac
09-29-2016, 05:35 PM
That is the best! :yes::yes::clap::clap:

vampyregirl
09-29-2016, 06:43 PM
That was hilarious!!!! Dude deserved it. It's not yours, keep your hands off it!!!

Deer Slayer
09-29-2016, 06:49 PM
I have done wonders over the years with a stock fence charger. Knock you on your arse, but not hurt you. Be sure to water the grass for maximum effect.:yikes:

safecracker
09-29-2016, 07:11 PM
We always used an electric fencer on our fences. The best one was.called a Bush Wacker. It would knock you on your butt, .

Peteoz
09-29-2016, 08:05 PM
I have done wonders over the years with a stock fence charger. Knock you on your arse, but not hurt you. Be sure to water the grass for maximum effect.:yikes:

It might indeed work well, Deer Slayer, and you might indeed consider yourself justified doing it, but I'm pretty sure I know where you would end up if the "shockee" had a heart attack and died ! :yikes:

Gray Ghost
09-29-2016, 08:50 PM
Around here if you get tangled in somebody's electric fence it is your own danged fault.

Saluda
09-29-2016, 09:13 PM

Chupaca
09-29-2016, 10:05 PM
He got off lighly...:lecturef_smilie:

Deer Slayer
09-30-2016, 06:59 AM
Now you know why a country boy never pees on a fence! ( unless a dare!):shocked:

Bob Denman
09-30-2016, 07:12 AM
It might indeed work well, Deer Slayer, and you might indeed consider yourself justified doing it, but I'm pretty sure I know where you would end up if the "shockee" had a heart attack and died ! :yikes:

While I can see your point of view: I agree more; with the idea that the vandal should keep his hands to himself...

5legsshort
09-30-2016, 09:45 AM
I always wanted to hook up juice to our pumpkin on the porch at Halloween. Was always so disappointing to the kids when they put so much effort into their pumpkin carving just to have some jerk smash it in the street.

gkamer
09-30-2016, 04:03 PM
The punishment should fit the crime. Killing someone or the risk of inflicting death, even unintentionally, for stealing a sign is just a tad bit over the top I think. You have the video, you know who it is, call the cops let them deal with it. You've got him for trespassing and theft, he'll be looking at legal bills, court dates, missed work and who know what else and you come away with satisfaction and clean hands.

Bob Denman
09-30-2016, 04:53 PM
:shocked: Awwwww..... But it was plain old FUN; watching him drop the sign! :D