PDA

View Full Version : Older Dell copier

Saluda
09-29-2016, 06:43 AM
Started printing in a weak red color, all of a sudden. Cartridges are full, anyone ever have this issue ? Thanks.

gkamer
09-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Started printing in a weak red color, all of a sudden. Cartridges are full, anyone ever have this issue ? Thanks.

Could be a clogged or bad printer head. I don't know if they are replaceable on your model printer

trikermutha
09-29-2016, 08:23 AM
when I had my dell had lots of problems with there cartridges.

Saluda
09-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Cleaned the print head, calibrated it. No difference. It's been a good printer for a lot of years, maybe replacement time. Cartridges are relatively new and been working fine.

Chupaca
09-29-2016, 08:39 AM
Gotta say at the price of printers these days it is probably best to get the newer more advanced version. Seems you have tried the things we can do...:banghead:

BilltheDiver
09-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Not specific to Dell, but with many inkjet printers it helps sometimes to remove the cartridges and clean out everything in the path with some solvent such as denatured alcohol. It's messy, but it has saved me from replacing a printer a few times. Wear disposable gloves.

trikermutha
09-29-2016, 08:54 AM
A lot of the new cartridge's are remanufactured. I have had new dell cartridges NEW out of the box and didn't work..

HP printers seem to work well for me these days.