PDA

View Full Version : Radio & Speakers & Controls?

Tomline
09-28-2016, 03:42 PM
My 2012 RT doesn't have a radio in it. Any ideas on the cost to get one & have it installed? Is it really worth having? Does it get used that much riding & touring? TIA

ARtraveler
09-28-2016, 04:28 PM
My 2012 RT doesn't have a radio in it. Any ideas on the cost to get one & have it installed? Is it really worth having? Does it get used that much riding & touring? TIA

My short answer, I barely use my radio. Probably not worth the extra cost (guessing over $500), unless you plan to use it a lot. If you do a lot of touring, you will probably be out of touch with most radio stations anyway. If you want music, I-Pod may be a better solution. You can choose what you want and skip the commercials.

4 MARIE
09-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Mine has a radio, that is never "dusted off" so-to-speak.
I like to be familiar with the little sounds my spyder makes going down the road.
It's like a conversation to me. When it is squeaking or chirping, or belching or whatever,
then I have at least a clue that SOMETHING isn't right, and may actually know more than that, just by being a good listener.

hmm.... sounds like a solid basis for a human relationship too.

Bob Denman
09-29-2016, 07:10 AM
Mine is ALWAYS on, and the bike is always Rockin'! :yes::yes::yes:
But it all comes down to how you like to ride...
Your money: your choice!

https://youtu.be/oF2UrYSDb3k

Red RT-S
09-29-2016, 08:01 AM
My radio is rarely used. I can only hear it when going less than 50 mph. Living in a rural area where radio stations are spaced widely apart I find that I lose one station long before I can receive another. When traveling I'd spend too much effort trying to find a station I like, and then I'd probably lose it 10 miles down the road. For music I use my smartphone with a bluetooth connection to my Sena headset. I can listen to the music I like and not have to put up with the commercials.

bcer960
09-29-2016, 08:52 AM
My radio is always on. I use the USB port in the trunk, loaded a 16 gig USB with over 1800 songs, got the dongle installed in the trunk, blue toothed to my helmet. If the motor is turning, the tunes are on.

Bob Denman
09-29-2016, 09:54 AM
My I-Pod is also always in the bike... :clap:
But if it's not plugged-in: an XM receiver is! :2thumbs:

bronzeflex42
09-29-2016, 10:13 AM
My music is always on. I use an MP3 player with over 300 songs. I start the :f_spider: and cut on the music and ride..:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

stevedfive
09-29-2016, 10:27 AM
AM/FM Intergrated Radio System (2012 and prior)
BRP# 219400464 - $749.99

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-29-2016, 10:54 AM
AM/FM Intergrated Radio System (2012 and prior)
BRP# 219400464 - $749.99....Also available from Procaliber.com - - ( if you are registered - for FREE ) for Approx. $525.00 delivered ....:yes::yes::yes: and I have sent Him a PM about this ..........Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-29-2016, 11:07 AM
So with the cash saved from purchasing at Procaliber: it'll give you the funds necessary for the speakers! :yes:
(They ARE extra; aren't they? :D)

finless
09-29-2016, 12:33 PM
So with the cash saved from purchasing at Procaliber: it'll give you the funds necessary for the speakers! :yes:
(They ARE extra; aren't they? :D)

I believe the BRP radio kit includes FRONT speakers and harnesses only.
I believe as I recall it does not include the rear speakers and those are another kit (for upgrading the A&C models).

Just going by memory back when I was looking at 2011/12 base RT's and the cost to upgrade.

Bob

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-29-2016, 12:58 PM
:yikes: I wouldn't spend 10 cents on the garbage OEM speakers ....let alone serious money..... I've discussed His options / possibilities via PM's. .........And I'm 99.99% sure all Rt's have the same WIRING HARNESSES , I've never found any that were different ......... Mike :thumbup:

finless
09-29-2016, 01:00 PM
I am just telling him the BRP upgrade kits and details. Not debating the speakers.
No need to yell about it.

Bob

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-29-2016, 11:20 PM
I am just telling him the BRP upgrade kits and details. Not debating the speakers.
No need to yell about it.

Bob..... Dear Bob according to the etiquette queens here " yelling " is using " ALL CAPS " ....you do know the difference right !!! .... or is it, you just couldn't resist saying something Nasty because it was my post. I have refrained from commenting on your posts,( unless made reference to ) apparently you can't control your-self...... At least get it right when you do :lecturef_smilie: :banghead::banghead::banghead: ................... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:......Mike :bbq: