PDA

View Full Version : Just wat to say Hi.

SuperDave_GPS
09-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to do this.
My very first post on this forum, so forgive my learning-curve.

Just want to introduce myself, as I'm sure I'll have all sorts of noob questions for the pros and veterans.

I am Dave (SuperDave_GPS) from Ontario, Canada.
I finally no longer have to give the freakin ex any more of my money, so I decided to treat myself by buying a house and have a spankin' new red Spyder RT Limited parked in the driveway.
I get both the house and the Spyder in about 2 weeks.
Can't wait.
Should be able to put a few good klicks on it before the snow hits.

Cheers
Dave

kngfsh27
09-28-2016, 12:15 PM
:congrats: On both the house and the Spyder. :welcome:

cuznjohn
09-28-2016, 12:17 PM
welcome to the forum, and good luck with the house and the bike. your in the right place for any question you have. people on here are very smart when it comes to spyders. so enjoy

Saluda
09-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Congrats & welcome.

2RTsGV
09-28-2016, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the world of spyders!

Bob Denman
09-28-2016, 01:11 PM
You found the PERFECT place to post it! :2thumbs:
Welcome to our little corner of the Universe, and please feel free to ask anything that comes to mind... :D

SpyFyg-2
09-28-2016, 01:43 PM
:congrats: :welcome:

JayD
09-28-2016, 02:08 PM
TE=SuperDave_GPS;1186533]Not sure if this is the right place to do this.

Just want to introduce myself, as I'm sure I'll have all sorts of noob questions for the pros and veterans.

I finally no longer have to give the freakin ex any more of my money, so I decided to treat myself by buying a house and have a spankin' new red Spyder RT Limited parked in the driveway.
Can't wait.

Cheers
Dave[/QUOTE]

Isn't it amazing what you can do with a little extra money in your pocket. Enjoy your Spyder.

youngers
09-28-2016, 02:16 PM
howdy too Canadian neighbor ! hurry on the rides , getting real cold your area real soon :thumbup:

jerpinoy
09-28-2016, 02:35 PM
:welcome::congrats::congrats: and you got the best .

ARtraveler
09-28-2016, 03:21 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your house and :spyder2:

Brettssunshine
09-28-2016, 05:25 PM
And :congrats: on the :f_spider:!

one2doo
09-28-2016, 06:08 PM
:congrats::yes:

Jim&Teresa
09-28-2016, 06:38 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: on your house and new Spyder RT - enjoy!

SuperDave_GPS
09-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the warm wishes everyone.
Hope to see you on the backroads someday.

SD

PrairieSpyder
09-28-2016, 08:24 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: On your Spyder and house purchases. Are you this Super Dave?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnl2kRsyVk

Ex Winger
09-29-2016, 04:41 AM
Congrats on the House and Spyder.Hope to see you on the road i,m just a tad East of you.What did you ride before?
Bill:ohyea:

SuperDave_GPS
09-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Congrats on the House and Spyder.Hope to see you on the road i,m just a tad East of you.What did you ride before?
Bill:ohyea:

Hi Bill.
Yes, you are quite close to me.
I have some friends in Brockville, so I go there semi-regularly in my Honda Fit, usually as a pass-through on my way to Ottawa, but now I tend to take Hwy 15 to Carleton Place then to Ottawa as it's a more mellow drive and no transport trucks.

I actually haven't owned my own bike for over 3 decades now, and have always said that I want to get back on one since some guy decided to almost kill me while I was driving my Yamaha Seca in Ottawa at that time.
My fiancée (being from Ireland) is not keen at all on 2-wheeled motorcycles, but doesn't have a problem with 3-wheeled ones, so I got her blessing.
Gotta keep the missus happy.

I pick up my new red 2016 Spyder RT Limited from the Ottawa Goodtime Centre in Ottawa in mid-October, and I hope to do at least one trip up Gatineau Park to the lookout points before it gets too cold for the ride.

My brother may possibly join in on his Victory, but the more the merrier, so feel free to message me for contact info if you wish to tag along.

Cheers
Dave

robmorg
09-29-2016, 04:19 PM
:congrats: On both the house and the Spyder. :welcome:
...AND for not having to give the freakin' ex any more of your money. ;)

Enjoy that new Spyder. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-29-2016, 04:59 PM
:D Which Seca did you have? :dontknow:

SuperDave_GPS
09-29-2016, 07:04 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: On your Spyder and house purchases. Are you this Super Dave?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnl2kRsyVk

I am not.
But I am THIS SuperDave..

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=97c36c23-a88c-4d15-86f5-2a85e430bda6

Chupaca
09-29-2016, 10:23 PM
To both the spyder world and this most amazing site..congrats on both your house and the spyder..:2thumbs: you have a lot new in your life..enjoy..:yes::ohyea:

lou49
09-29-2016, 10:48 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to do this.

Can't wait.

Cheers
Dave

:congrats::congrats::congrats: on the Spyder, the house and on the ex!

Ex Winger
09-30-2016, 06:27 AM
Hi Bill.
Yes, you are quite close to me.
I have some friends in Brockville, so I go there semi-regularly in my Honda Fit, usually as a pass-through on my way to Ottawa, but now I tend to take Hwy 15 to Carleton Place then to Ottawa as it's a more mellow drive and no transport trucks.

I actually haven't owned my own bike for over 3 decades now, and have always said that I want to get back on one since some guy decided to almost kill me while I was driving my Yamaha Seca in Ottawa at that time.
My fiancée (being from Ireland) is not keen at all on 2-wheeled motorcycles, but doesn't have a problem with 3-wheeled ones, so I got her blessing.
Gotta keep the missus happy.

I pick up my new red 2016 Spyder RT Limited from the Ottawa Goodtime Centre in Ottawa in mid-October, and I hope to do at least one trip up Gatineau Park to the lookout points before it gets too cold for the ride.

My brother may possibly join in on his Victory, but the more the merrier, so feel free to message me for contact info if you wish to tag along.

Cheers
Dave

Were getting close to the end of the season but Oct can be a real nice month for rides.We,ll have to get out for a spin.
Bill

SuperDave_GPS
10-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Took a drive to Ottawa, Ontario, yesterday to get my "familiarization walk around" on my new RT Limited.
Can't wait to have this in my driveway next week.
Hopefully the weather will stay warm for a while so I can put some clicks on it before having to put it to bed for the winter.

Also met Ex-Winger and Mrs Winger there in person for the first time.
Great to meet the both of you. Nice conversation.

bigbadbrucie
10-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Looks good there, Superdave. I'm sure you're going to love it. Now if you lived on the West Coast, you could keep it licensed all year. I can't ride mine every day, but I've been able to ride every week since I purchased it a year ago last month. I love it here. :yes: :clap: :bowdown:

SuperDave_GPS
10-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Looks good there, Superdave. I'm sure you're going to love it. Now if you lived on the West Coast, you could keep it licensed all year. I can't ride mine every day, but I've been able to ride every week since I purchased it a year ago last month. I love it here. :yes: :clap: :bowdown:

Hi Bruce.
I actually have some relatives in Abbotsford, and they have a nasty habit of sending me pics of them mowing their lawn on Christmas Day. :shocked:

bigbadbrucie
10-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Hi Bruce.
I actually have some relatives in Abbotsford, and they have a nasty habit of sending me pics of them mowing their lawn on Christmas Day. :shocked:

Well, I was riding my Spyder on Christmas Eve, while it was snowing. It was warm enough. I moved here from Fort St. John where we had 6 months of winter, so this is a real treat!

Tian
10-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Congrat and welcome to the spyder world:yes:

modagwood
10-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I am not.
But I am THIS SuperDave..

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=97c36c23-a88c-4d15-86f5-2a85e430bda6
Howdy Partner welcome the club, com on in and kick a few tires with us.

RedRTS
10-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Took a drive to Ottawa, Ontario, yesterday to get my "familiarization walk around" on my new RT Limited.
Can't wait to have this in my driveway next week.
Hopefully the weather will stay warm for a while so I can put some clicks on it before having to put it to bed for the winter.

Also met Ex-Winger and Mrs Winger there in person for the first time.
Great to meet the both of you. Nice conversation.

You got the right color... .Congratulations!!!
Course... I'm a bit prejudiced... (Check my username)

SuperDave_GPS
10-09-2016, 08:30 PM
You got the right color... .Congratulations!!!
Course... I'm a bit prejudiced... (Check my username)

Red wasn't offered on the 2017s, so I had to go for a 2016, which is fine because they have the purchase incentives now on the 2016s.

Ex Winger
10-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Saw the pics you posted great looking ride.Was great to meet you.Now for some warm weather.:ohyea: