PDA

View Full Version : Niagara Falls ride is a go!!

dltang
04-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Okay SpyderLovers, this ride is no longer tentative. I have made my reservations at the Travelodge Bonadventure at Niagara Falls, ONT We got a great rate for booking 14 days or more in advance. With Taxes and everything for both nights we are paying $112.98 CAD which today translates into $90.17 US.

Details: We are leaving Grand Blanc MI on Friday April 17th (time to be determined) We will cross into Canada at the Port Huron/Sarnia border. We will be meeting with Director (Bruce and hopefully his wife) place to be determined yet. Bruce will be guiding us to Niagara along the scenic route instead of the highways. There are no specific plans in Niagara Falls other than to enjoy ourselves and visit with one another. I would like to have dinner on Sat somewhere all together though, I think that would be nice.

Jeuchler (John) and his wife Barb will be meeting us there from Mass. If all goes well he will have the SpyderLovers banner. We can all sign it there. On the ride back, it will go through Ontario and maybe we can see if some spyders want to meet somewhere on Sunday in Ontario to get together to sign the banner.

If anyone wants to meet us there or join us for any part of the ride, just chime in. As soon as I hear from Bruce the route he is taking, I will post a google map link so you can see if you are anywhere near it.

Okay folks,
This is just an idea and of course we will play it by ear depending on the weather. I am thinking we can meet at the Travelodge at 10:00am and plan a ride along the Niagara River/Parkway or whatever it is called. After the ride, we can just play tourists and do our own thing, visit, shop, sightsee or whatever. We can plan on meeting back at Travelodge around 6:00 or 7:00 pm for dinner. If anyone has any suggestions, I am wide open. I also sent for info on Restaurants on Lundy Lane. Also, after dinner we can have our SpyderLovers Banner signing. How does this sound to everyone?