PDA

View Full Version : ride like a pro

cuznjohn
09-27-2016, 06:05 PM
watch her head, she does everything right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXcFiZ9MGlA

ARtraveler
09-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Yep! It can be done but you have to have some faith in both your abilities and in the machine. Back in 79, MN driving test for motorcycles had circles and figure eights. I had a Kawi 650 with a Vetter fairing. I had a radio mounted and the speakers were to close to the handlebars for the circle and eights. I dropped the bike on my first attempt. FAIL!~ :roflblack::roflblack: I removed the radio and practiced a lot. Got through it the second time. Never tried it on my other bikes though. My new motto, was "give me 40 acres to turn this thing around."

Copperman
09-27-2016, 07:18 PM
The "Ride like a Pro" group is pretty fantastic. I've watched their videos and always wanted to take their class. I was about to then got my first Spyder. And, well, the rest is history.

This is a great class for anyone still riding on two wheels.

Bob Denman
09-28-2016, 07:01 AM
While I heartily agree that anyone can maneuver a motorcycle at speed: it's when things don't go as planned, that problems can crop up. nojoke
Example: Pulling up to a Stop Sign with a fully loaded dresser, and having your foot slide a bit in some sand on the road... :yikes:

ARtraveler
09-28-2016, 02:58 PM
While I heartily agree that anyone can maneuver a motorcycle at speed: it's when things don't go as planned, that problems can crop up. nojoke
Example: Pulling up to a Stop Sign with a fully loaded dresser, and having your foot slide a bit in some sand on the road... :yikes:

Been there and done that. First gas stop on the new Kawi Vulcan LTD: 2000cc--pulled up to the pump, left foot hit some sand, over I went. Ahhhhhhhh, could someone help me pick this thing up? Pride--now down to zero. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-28-2016, 04:06 PM
Been there and done that. First gas stop on the new Kawi Vulcan LTD: 2000cc--pulled up to the pump, left foot hit some sand, over I went. Ahhhhhhhh, could someone help me pick this thing up? Pride--now down to zero. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

that's why i am getting an indian scout, i feel the cheiftan is just too big for me