PDA

View Full Version : BRP Trailer harness from RT to F3T?

vtrider
09-25-2016, 04:24 PM
I have a BRP-Hopkins Electronic power tail light converter harness that I took off my RT before I traded it. Does anyone know if that harness will work on the F3T with the proper connectors added to kook to the tail lights? I know that the F3T has five wire connectors on both sides that goes to the lights. The input harness from the converter has six wires color coded in this order:

White - Battery (-)

Brown - Tail light

Yellow - Left turn

Red - Brake

Green - Right turn

Red - Battery (+)

The output harness from the converter to the trailer is as follows:

White - Ground

Brown - Tail/marker

Yellow - Left turn

Green - Right turn

What I'm not sure about and need some help on this, is the color codes from the F3T tail light harness, I do know from adding the side marker LED lights that the Black wire is; ground (-), the orange wire; running/marker lights. The other three I'm not sure which one is for brake and turn signals. Does anyone here know the wire codes on the F3T tail light connectors?

billybovine
09-25-2016, 05:01 PM
I took a look at the F3T wiring diagram. All the wires you need to tap into go through one common connector CIC2. That seemed familiar. So I looked at the ST and RT diagrams and guess what. The connector you split to add the trailer Y-harness on them is called CIC2. So I am now wondering if finding the CIC2 connector on your F3T and plugging in your old Y-harness from the RT will work??:dontknow: My thoughts are backup up by the online instructions for installing the trailer harness on a F3T. It uses the same pictures of the connector as the RT instructions. One thing I did notice on the F3T instructions is that they changed from the hopkins module to another type, cylindrical in shape.

Doc - Riverside
09-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Yes it should work with one exception. You need to find a 12vdc source for pin H. Pin H on the RT CIC2 female connector comes from the Right hand Fuse Box F4 (10A). Same Fuse on the F# is for the Accessory plugs on the F3. From the service manual CIC2 is located under the rear top piece of plastic.

billybovine
09-25-2016, 05:54 PM
On a F3T the trailer harness power is on F7 right fuse box. That goes to CIC2 pin H. It shows using a 25 amp fuse. I think that's up from the 10 amp in a RT. So plug in the fuse you got power. Good question. Made me look.

vtrider
09-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will have to locate the C1C2 connector and take it from there.

billybovine
09-25-2016, 07:28 PM
I was thinking about trading my ST for a F3 Limited. So I was interested if my homemade trailer harness will plug and play into it.

Let us know how it works out.