PDA

View Full Version : B.E.S.T vs B.E.S.T Plus

zzneonzz
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
So from all of you who have purchased your extended warranty which one did you go with how much did it run you? I'm looking into going on and getting the extended warranty but trying to decide wich one i want.

BRPjunkie
04-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Three year BEST (no plus). Cost, $1,000.

bone crusher
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Three year BEST $925...no need to spend all the extra cash up front for the BEST plus, IMHO...if you were fortunate enough to get either warranty when you bought your bike...and you bought your bike last year, you were much better off! The warranties will continue to go up in price...the most recent increase was Feb. 1, 2009...

John in PA
04-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Do you have to get the BEST from the dealer you bought the bike from, or will any dealer do? If so, are there any dealers that discount the extended warranty? If they're like other warranty extensions, they have big mark-up and considerable extra profit, so should be discountable(??)

Also, there are some companies that offer aftermarket extended warranties for automobiles. Any of them do the Spyder??

FANG
04-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Got the B.E.S.T. from the dealer when I purchased the :f_spider:. I used it yesterday to have my :f_spider: towed 65 mles to my dealer because of a EBD fault code and LIMP MODE that occurred Sunday. It sure made things simple no hassle - good customer support from the B.E.S.T. representatives on the phone. Paid $850 for it at time of purchase. I probably have recouped half my 1/4 my initiial cost already just with the tow.

dltang
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
BestPlus $1300 and at the every least I figure we will break even if not come out ahead. Plus paid for our 600 mile check up including oil change and I just had my 1 year/12,000 mile check and that was completely paid including oil change. So just in oil changes alone I have saved $100 not including labor. It would cost me $50 for the oil and filter and washer and O ring. With Labor an oil change runs about $150 so I have saved $300 if you look at it that way. I am very glad I paid for it.

Roger
04-01-2009, 02:17 PM
The dealer i spoke with yesterday said Best is $700 best plus $1300 difference being the towing. If your down your going to be towed anyway so.:dontknow:

dltang
04-01-2009, 02:40 PM
The dealer i spoke with yesterday said Best is $700 best plus $1300 difference being the towing. If your down your going to be towed anyway so.:dontknow:

I believe reg Best does not pay for 600 mile service or annual service calls, which is why we invested the extra for the PLUS

NancysToy
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Both BEST and BEST Plus include road service (towing) for Spyders.
-Scotty

zzneonzz
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM

Wow best plus for 1300? The dealer i talked to said its 1900 and that is giving me a credit for my first 600 mile service. Then the other dealer i contacted said its $2300. I was also told that its only 1 anual service and not all services plus the 600 mile service. Both however come with Towing.

ataDude
04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Warranty prices are negotiable. :thumbup:

Best thing to do is to but it at time of purchase and negotiate it to dealer's cost... or cost + $50.

Last year "dealer's cost" <for three additional years> was $547... now it's more like $800-$900.

leo76dragon
09-15-2009, 08:59 PM
In addition to the BEST and BEST plus warranties, I was also offer a "Western Service Contract Corporation" warranty for a $1000. There's no deductible, and you have to pay an additional $100 if you want roadside assistance. Was anyone also offered another warranty?... should I even consider it?... vs. the 1300 for the BEST warranty?

thanks
Dennis:dontknow:

ptoemmes
09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Warranty prices are negotiable. :thumbup:

Best thing to do is to but it at time of purchase and negotiate it to dealer's cost... or cost + $50.

Last year "dealer's cost" <for three additional years> was $547... now it's more like $800-$900.

We in Florida wish that were so. The state in its infinite wisdom considers a warranty a form of insurance and the insurance regulations make discounting illegal. Yeah - I know risk ratings for car, health insurance, etc result in people paying different amounts for same coverage but I think that makes the point as to how that kind of screws up warranties.

That's not to say in the overall context of the deal, overall dealer profit, etc - the out-the-door price - you cannot negotiate, but somewhere on some paperwork you're gonna see MSRP for the extended warranty. Your cost figures would help - do help - immensely.

One time I did buy an extended GM warranty on a vette from a GM dealer outside the state at a significant discount. Worked the same when presented to the in-state dealers.

Having said that I bought my BEST from the dealer at time of Spyder purchase. ataDude - where were you back then :gaah:

Pete

ataDude
09-15-2009, 09:27 PM
... ataDude - where were you back then :gaah:

Pete

Well, you know me... I'm shy. And besides, you're in FLORIDA! It wouldn't have helped back then, either... right? :yikes: :clap: :yikes: :clap: