PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RT Ltd Catalytic Converter

Comedyjoe1
09-24-2016, 04:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone has removed their Catalytic converter? If so were there any problems with less backpressure or air/fuel mixture?

Bill Davis
09-26-2016, 07:07 PM
I've seen several post and most say there is no
problems when it's removed. Some post mention
a bypass sold by Pit Bull and also Lamont shop
has a bypass pipe you can purchase. Check out
the post on DIY page 4 for how to remove. I'm
looking for a video of how to remove and what
to install as replacement for the Cat, but have
not seen anything I am comfortable with to start
the removal myself. Keep watching as someone
will post instructions or pictures that will be easy
to follow.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-26-2016, 10:41 PM
I've seen several post and most say there is no
problems when it's removed. Some post mention
a bypass sold by Pit Bull and also Lamont shop
has a bypass pipe you can purchase. Check out
the post on DIY page 4 for how to remove. I'm
looking for a video of how to remove and what
to install as replacement for the Cat, but have
not seen anything I am comfortable with to start
the removal myself. Keep watching as someone
will post instructions or pictures that will be easy
to follow.
:hun:.....Well if you remove the CAT you MUST put something in the space between the pipes..... and the bypass pipe from either Lenny or Lamont is what's needed. I also HIGHLY recommend adding the BAFFLE ....because when the CAT is deleted this changes the amount of BACK-PRESSURE ..... The BAFFLE restores the balance.......... I made my own ( not difficult ) ..... but the cost is worth it..... Especially the sound change .....Mike :thumbup:

Bill Davis
09-30-2016, 06:34 AM
Understand the need for something to fill the space where is Cat is removed is a bypass pipe, but have no idea of where to find a by-pass for a 998. I saw Lamont's 1330 by-pass pipe on his site, but not one for a 998, maybe it would work for a 2012 998 also, but have not asked that question yet. I don't know who Lenny is, so I can't check his site to see if he has one. I looked at Two Brothers and did not see a by-pass for a 998 either. Still looking.
Thanks, Bill

jcthorne
09-30-2016, 06:43 AM
"Lenny' is Len who owns Pitbull Powersports.

Here is a direct link to purchase the primary muffler bypass pipe for your 998:

http://www.pitbullpowersportsinc.com/V-TWIN-991-PRIMARY-MUFFLER-REPLACEMENT-PIPE-detail.htm?productId=-546336&catalogId=-3774&fpg=1

Mikeye
09-30-2016, 08:22 AM
I bought my bypass from PitBull, had no problem installing, own a 2012 RT, install was pretty easy, a little tough aligning one side of the pipe to slide onto the existing manifold pipe, but have no regrets, and the sound is much better, the stock muffler hooks right on to the Cat Bypass. Not sure what someone ment about a baffle concerning back pressure, have had it on for over a year with about 6,000 miles after the install, no problems as yet.

Bill Davis
10-01-2016, 05:07 AM
Exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to pass on this information, I appreciate it.

Bill