PDA

View Full Version : J&S Jack

Papahoosh
09-24-2016, 06:20 AM
Anyone uses j&s jack to lift Spyders?
Looking for a jack that lifts both motorcycle & Spyder.
Thanks for your input.

Chupaca
09-24-2016, 09:33 AM
there are quite a few out there. Harbor frieght has a selection I got mine from sears on sale a while back. I don't know the one you are looking at but will see if I can find it online....Here is a popular model used by many here...:thumbup:

Did check and they are very similar to many I have seen used here. Those using them will let you know...

Av8er
09-24-2016, 11:27 AM
I have a J&S that I usedwith my Harley Ultra Classic. I ordered the Spyder adapter and it will be in on Monday. I will let you know how how it does.

MurrayBrown
09-24-2016, 02:20 PM
I have a J&S that I usedwith my Harley Ultra Classic. I ordered the Spyder adapter and it will be in on Monday. I will let you know how how it does.

When your adapter arrives, could you post some photos of what it looks like? I have a motorcycle jack from my motorcycle days, and fabricating an adapter might be just what the doctor ordered!

Av8er
09-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Sure thing!

Devious56
09-24-2016, 03:57 PM
there are quite a few out there. Harbor frieght has a selection I got mine from sears on sale a while back. I don't know the one you are looking at but will see if I can find it online....Here is a popular model used by many here...:thumbup:

Did check and they are very similar to many I have seen used here. Those using them will let you know...

That's the one that I have, and it's ol.=k. But the new one that Lamont (Lamonster Garage) just got is just so much better. Check it out.

David

Av8er
09-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Found this thread with a pic of the adapter.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?93546-A-vastly-improved-way-to-lift-the-Spyder-%85

BigGuy66
09-25-2016, 01:30 PM

I found the jack shown in your pic on the Sears site. Do you have any extensions on the lifting pads to stabilize the Spyder or are you using it as is? The price is much less than the j and s Spyder lift.

Ryde, eat, sleep... Repeat

Chupaca
09-25-2016, 01:44 PM
It comes with extensions for hight and I use it as is depending on the work I do. If a lot of movement I add the A stands for support...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

meerkat
09-25-2016, 03:35 PM
Any problems changing oil with the J&S jack and the adapter ?

Av8er
09-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Can't say for sure! Haven't changed the oil yet. People say XXXXX jacks are cheaper but I can vouch that a J &S is stable enough to get on and move around without strapping it down. You pay for what you get sometimes. I love mine.

trikermutha
09-25-2016, 05:07 PM
depends where you mount the jack and it could cover the left or right drain plug area when changing the oil