PDA

View Full Version : Help about risers

RoHo
04-01-2009, 09:41 AM
My dealer installed 4" risers on my bike when I first bought it. I have three questions. Are these NMN risers? Are these the SE5 risers and do they look like they have been installed backwards? :dontknow:

tatt2r
04-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Ask magicman but something doesn't look right

jodeg1945
04-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I have the NMN 4" risers on my SM5 and they look just like yours. My husband installed mine and they're great!

Magic Man
04-01-2009, 09:57 AM
My dealer installed 4" risers on my bike when I first bought it. I have three questions. Are these NMN risers? Are these the SE5 risers and do they look like they have been installed backwards? :dontknow:

THESE ARE INSTALLED BACKWARDS! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

DO NOT RIDE YOUR SPYDER LIKE THIS!

Although they are on the correct sides (left block is on left side right block on right side)

The blocks are mounted with the incorrect side to the outside.

The bar stock should go into the cut out area in the riser not the allen bolt.

If you have any questions please call us. Also if you could please PM me with the dealer who did this install so I can touch base with them so they do not do this again.

Once again...

DO NOT RIDE YOUR SPYDER LIKE THIS UNTIL THIS CONDITION IS CORRECTED!

MM

jodeg1945
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
:agree:
Oops, Magic Man, of course, is right. We took a better look at yours and they definitely are mounted backwards!

RoHo
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks everyone and especially Magic Man!!! The dealer called this afternoon and said to bring the bike back so they can correct it. They don't seem to think the bar stock is going to be too short though!?! We'll see.

Roho

Magic Man
04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone and especially Magic Man!!! The dealer called this afternoon and said to bring the bike back so they can correct it. They don't seem to think the bar stock is going to be too short though!?! We'll see.

Roho

I called them today and I think you will OK with the bar. if not let me know and we can help. :thumbup:

MM

RoHo
04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
:2thumbs: Thanks Magic!!!

RoHo