PDA

View Full Version : Dragging Scraping Noise moving in reverse?

Tomline
09-23-2016, 03:14 PM
All of a sudden my 2012 RT has started making a very loud Scraping Noise while I'm/It's moving in reverse. I'm not moving too fast, but it sounds like there's there is something dragging bad! The parking brake seems to release fully. Actually the noise is there when I just release the parking brake & push it backward with the motor not running. It rolls freely in reverse with out too much effort. Any idea's or things to check in any order? TIA Is there any adjustment that can be made to the electric parking brake? Took a good look at the brake rotors & they seemed to look ok.

Peter Aawen
09-23-2016, 03:21 PM
You might want to check all the brake pads, front & rear! Don't just eyeball them from outside the caliper either, it sounds like you've worn at least one partially to the metal; or maybe you've got a stone or something similar caught between a pad & a disc; so you need to check each of the pad & disc faces for wear/damage! :shocked:

Good Luck! :thumbup:

Chupaca
09-23-2016, 03:46 PM
Quick check would be to see if you are developing scratches on the discs. They should be shinny smooth ( front and backs). Sometimes the pads will wear at an angle (top to bottom or side to side) and the wear is not visable..:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-23-2016, 06:14 PM
:shocked: What did you back over?? :yikes:
Seriously: could you have gotten something caught up under the bike? :dontknow:

jthornton
09-23-2016, 06:18 PM
The 2012 the rear pads wear twice as fast as the front... and I guess the 2010 and 2011 are the same. You can get new pads on Amazon. My 2012 does make some noise backing up from time to time.

JT