PDA

View Full Version : GPS volume?

viperryder
09-22-2016, 07:38 AM
Have a 2014 RTS SM6. I have installed a Garmin 660 GPS on the Spyder. I also have a BRP installed CB. The volume of the GPS is at the maximum and the volume of the CB is at about 3/4 full strength. I can just barley hear the GPS talking. Question is; Is there a way to increase the volume of the GPS, so it can be heard through my headsets? I know there are not a lot of Spyders with added CB, but am just hoping maybe some one can help.

subdude17349
09-22-2016, 08:11 AM
I had the same issue. Double check the volume of the GPS. On my 550, there are 2 volume settings. One is accessed via the touchscreen, and the other by one of the external buttons. Turning up the volume with the screen adjustment did nothing to help, but using the external adjustment worked perfectly for the output to the bike.

billybovine
09-22-2016, 08:21 AM
With the GPS on. A quick press and release of the power button will bring up the quick menu. From it you can adjust the master volume and brightness.

stevedfive
09-22-2016, 09:16 AM
Adjust your radio volume on the handlebars instead of the CB radio volume. If you don't want to hear music set the radio to Aux.

Papahoosh
09-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Like billybovine (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?7798-billybovine) said except in details.
Power on GPS, click on tools, click on Media Player, click on speaker (volume) and set master to 100%
I have all 3 on mine to 100 and adjust if needed.

billybovine
09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
That's the hard way. Do like I said. With the GPS on and from any screen. A quick press and release of the power button will give you the quick access to 2 functions only. Master volume and screen brightness.

Like billybovine (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?7798-billybovine) said except in details.
Power on GPS, click on tools, click on Media Player, click on speaker (volume) and set master to 100%
I have all 3 on mine to 100 and adjust if needed.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-22-2016, 08:46 PM
The audio, radio or Aux, volume determines the GPS volume that you hear. The audio system volume must be on and at the level you want before you can hear the GPS audio. Once a signal comes from the GPS you can mute the audio system volume (press and hold the down button) and you will continue to hear the GPS audio and the CB receive volume. That is, until you turn the bike off. You must turn audio volume on every time you start the bike before you'll hear the GPS audio. Then you can mute it. It's an oddity of the audio system and GPS that I wrote about a few weeks back.

trikermutha
09-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Mine is loud. I have a Goulish character that sounds off on mine..

You Have to turn up the GPS Volume as stated above by other posts