PDA

View Full Version : Heated seat wiring?

subdude17349
09-21-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm considering ordering a Corbin seat, with the heating elements. How have you guys wired them into the Spyder electrical system? Ideally, they want to be on a switched circuit so that you can't kill the battery if they get left on.

Does the RT have a dedicated heated seat wire somewhere in the harness?

Do I need to run a fused power wire from the battery? If so, I'll need to pick up a 12v switched with ignition wire somewhere to energize an auxiliary relay.

Thoughts?

Jim

rcturner
09-21-2016, 03:26 PM
I would think that the manufacturer of the seat would give you the necessary information in great detail.

Bogie
09-22-2016, 02:41 AM
I ordered a heated Corbin seat when I bought my 2014 RT and the dealer installed it. Not sure where they tapped into the wiring but it is switched off with the ignition. The heated version doesn't seem to have as much padding so i yes the AirHawk R in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marvin2488485
09-22-2016, 07:26 AM
I installed the headed seat that I purchased from Can-am, the connecter is hidden under the plastic on the left side at the back of the bike, when you remove the OEM seat you will be able to fine it, the only thing i had trouble with was were the ground strap was.

hope this helps

Ride safe!

subdude17349
09-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Marvin, thanks very much. One more question:

Does the BRP heated seat have the on/off switch on the seat? If so, that wire's hot and switched with the ignition, which is exactly what I'd be looking for.

Marvin2488485
09-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Marvin, thanks very much. One more question:

Does the BRP heated seat have the on/off switch on the seat? If so, that wire's hot and switched with the ignition, which is exactly what I'd be looking for.

The controls for the seat are in two locations, for the driver it is mounted in the middle of the console beside the parking break switch i believe, the passenger controls is located on the passenger handle grips.

Ride safe!