PDA

View Full Version : what would you do

cuznjohn
09-20-2016, 09:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRTrRxamxQ

Chupaca
09-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Cause I would never be there....:roflblack: I get my meat at the supermarket.....I do wear the camo's...:roflblack:

mowin
09-20-2016, 10:06 PM
Well, I WAS gonna say I'd never let that bear get that close, but there wasn't really any time.

So ya... Probably would have done the same thing. Pray I didn't get swatted. Then go change my skivvies.

burg650
09-21-2016, 03:27 AM
Shoot it! or at the least get a shot off to scare them.

cuznjohn
09-21-2016, 04:49 AM
i would of thrown a shot also, just to scare it off. if it was bear season, it would be a rug right now

vided
09-21-2016, 06:16 AM
the bear back down due to the stink of CRAPINDRAWS :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::yikes:

Bob Denman
09-21-2016, 07:05 AM
:D That little guy was in NO position to attack anything: he was hanging on with all four paws! nojoke
If I was in that position: I'd have been watching him a LOT more closely. As soon as there was any indication that the tree (MY tree!) was going to be his ladder: I'd have started kicking the trunk onthe intended climbing path, and yelling.

By the way: in New York, it's illegal to shoot a bear that isn't alone... he had Momma and siblings about 25 yards away.
Clearly a "no-shoot" scenario!

mowin
09-21-2016, 10:46 AM
:D That little guy was in NO position to attack anything: he was hanging on with all four paws! nojoke
If I was in that position: I'd have been watching him a LOT more closely. As soon as there was any indication that the tree (MY tree!) was going to be his ladder: I'd have started kicking the trunk onthe intended climbing path, and yelling.

By the way: in New York, it's illegal to shoot a bear that isn't alone... he had Momma and siblings about 25 yards away.
Clearly a "no-shoot" scenario!

Well, that definitely wasn't NY. Bait pile gave that away. Ok. It probably wasn't NY.:roflblack:.

Yogie really didn't give any warning he was going to climb. Couple Huff's and he was sniffing the back of his neck.

If he started climbing slowly, he wouldn't have made it that far up before I would have deterred his actions by a yell or two.

Of course, once I felt his wet nose on the back of my neck, there might have been some involuntary yelling.

Bob Denman
09-21-2016, 11:02 AM
If they want to cuddle... :shocked: It's best to let them!

It's up to you, if you want to let them get past "first base..." :yikes:

"Well, that definitely wasn't NY. Bait pile gave that away. Ok. It probably wasn't NY.:roflblack:."

That was food for the non-game animals in the area...

ARtraveler
09-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Black bears can usually be startled away by making noise. That was our method when we used to canoe in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota. They got to equate canoes and people with possible free food at campsites. We always put ours up a tree hanging from a branch or took the food pack with us on those daytime fishing excursions. Lucky that was a cub and momma did not appear to defend her cubs. A different scenario may have taken place.

Brown and Kodiak bears are another story.

Lucky guy. And, it was probably TP time. :yes:

mowin
09-21-2016, 05:09 PM
If they want to cuddle... :shocked: It's best to let them!

It's up to you, if you want to let them get past "first base..." :yikes:

"Well, that definitely wasn't NY. Bait pile gave that away. Ok. It probably wasn't NY.:roflblack:."

That was food for the non-game animals in the area...

Who can argue with a sign like that? Seem warning enough..

Bob Denman
09-21-2016, 05:12 PM
He WAS in about the most vulnerable circumstance, that he could ever be caught in...
He wouldn't grab you with his teeth, because he has no idea of whether or not you're capable of jerking his grip loose from the tree. nojoke

His face told the story: he wanted to be someplace else! :D

Mama was watching: nothing that she could do from her vantage point. The hunter might as well have been in Church! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Here's a video that I think has a might greater chance of having an "unhappy ending"...

https://youtu.be/6pzZPHUKFU4