PDA

View Full Version : Fang's in the Shop

FANG
03-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Fang was towed from Mobile today to PMS. I will say that the people involved from the B.E.S.T. Extended Warranty Plan did a really great job. I was able to call give them my information and the delivered my :spyder2: to the dealer as promised.

The people at PMS have been first rate. First contacted Jimmy my salesman and explained that the :spyder2: was being towed to PMS and he took my information and passed it on to the service mgr - Darrell. I spoke with Darrell and he reviewed what happened with Fang and he said it was probably just a relay but they would check out the full electrical system and all the codes.
The are also going to do my 6000 mile service and the parking brake fix.
Stopped by this afternoon after work and they have ordered the parts for the parking brake and have everything set to start all checks and service tomorrow.
I figure it may be first of next week if they don't find anything more than the relay and I will have Fang back.

When I was in Mobile Sunday my nephew (4 yrs old) got my helmet off the table and damaged the mechanism for the shield - broke it beyond repair. So I mentioned it at PMS and found a HJC IS-33 tried it on and ordered one to replace my broken helmet. They gave me a discount and I will be able to pick it up Thursay afternoon.

Great service all around so far. Will keep everyone up dated.

sabunim5
04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Glad your Spyder got to PMS with no problems. Hope you have Fang back very soon. :thumbup:
Steven

FANG
04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I really appreciate the call and the offer to take me to Mobile and bring back my Spyder on Monday - Steven. The SpyderLovers group is great and I think our Gulf Coast SpyderLovers group is really coming together.

I know Fang is in good hands I had a long talk with Jimmy and Darrell yesterday. They are straight up as you told me.

Thanks again

I look forward to having Fang back and our ryde in 10 days.

kalavera
04-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey Bill, whats the status on Fang?

FANG
04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey Bill, whats the status on Fang?

Well guys and gals - let me give you an update. I just got off the phone with Pensacola Motorsports. I asked if they had taken a lok at Fang and was told they had and they were waiting on parts from BRP. I had to pull the information out of them a bit as to what part they were waiting for as when I checked with them on Thursday afternoon Fang had not been diagnosed and was waiting on the parts for the parking brake fix.

I was told that BRP wants to try the Angle Sensor abd see if that fixes the problem. So I asked when do they expect the part to come in and I was told "next week." Of course I wanted a little better information than next week. I was told to call back on Wednesday and they would be able to give me more information.

I explained that I wanted to be kept updated on all aspects because I want to speak with BRP if this repair is going to be a long time coming.
As seen in other posts on the forum other people have had this problem and the repair time is 3-4 weeks - this is totally unsat and I will be a squeaky wheel very early in the process.

One of my first jobs was with Sears back in the late 60's and prided my self on customer service - they should be all about getting our :spyder2:s
back on the roas in a timely fashion.

Will keep you updated - "As the :spyder:Turns"

kalavera
04-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey Bill,
I talked to Jimmy yesterday. He was at the Miracle Camp Ride to the Beulah Sausage Festival. I told him what we have planned for the 11th. I told him our concerns about Fang being done in time. Littlebit was with me, his exact words, "...it will be ready". I felt rather confident for you and fang after hearing him say that.

crossing fingers...

FANG
04-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey Bill,
I talked to Jimmy yesterday. He was at the Miracle Camp Ride to the Beulah Sausage Festival. I told him what we have planned for the 11th. I told him our concerns about Fang being done in time. Littlebit was with me, his exact words, "...it will be ready". I felt rather confident for you and fang after hearing him say that.

crossing fingers...

When I spoke to the service department on Saturday they told me the parts are on order but are not sure when they are coming in at the earliest it is probably going to be Wednesday.

This process is what is unacceptable. Ii know PMS is doing all they can to get me back on the road - but it should not take as long as it does to get these spyders repaired. Dealer not able to stock parts and when they are ordered it take 5 days or more to get them. If BRP is going to limit the dealerships parts inventory for the spyder then they should overnigth parts to the dealership so the rydes can be repaired and back on the road. THE CURRENT PROSCESS IS TOO SLOW.

I was told they want to "try the angle sensor first." As many posts as we have read about people having this same problem the have ultimately had to repalce the dps units -- I am not confident that this sensor is going to do the trick. It may be a temporary solution; but either way it leaves a lot of questions.

If the sensor is not the problem and it is something else then we are talking another 5 days just to get the part in after it is ordered - won't be ready then until the middle of the next week - April 13-17.

I sure hope you are right but don't have your same confidence at this point.

FANG
04-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Went by Pensacola Motorsports this afternoon. Fang is not repaired but I do want to give koodoos to the staff and owner of Pensacola Motorsports for their assistance in their diligence in getting Fang back on the road.

It turns out that BRP sent the Angle Sensor and that did not eliminate the problem. So step 1 failed to correct the problem - steps 2 and 3 didn't work either so as expected the control module is in need of replacement.

If BRP normal proceedure for sending out parts takes place I am looking at not having Fang until the middle to end of next week. I had spoken to Jimmy at PMS and he was going to pass my concerns on to the service manager but the owner of PMS intercepted him and stepped in. He called BRP and arranged to have the part overnighted to PMS. Of course, over nite in the states is not the same as overnight from Canada but barring no problems with customs - the part should be there Friday AM and I should have Fang by Friday afternoon.

It would sure make more sense if BRP would have sent a package that contains all the possible things that could fix the problem and then allow the dealer to fix the problem and return the unused part of the parts package back to BRP. Fang could have already been repaired. Doing things piece meal and keeping owners waiting for repairs to be completed is wrong.

I love my :f_spider: and I definitely didn't buy it expecting that the manufacturer would put up such obstacles when a problem occurs.

I am sure that many others that have had problems getting warranty work done on their spyders have gone thru the same thing. In fact it was the posts on this forum that prompted me to push the dealer into acting quickly with BRP.

I sure hope this gets corrected in the future - customer satisfaction pays.

Thanks so much to the Owner, sales staff, service and parts departments of PMS - great dealership. :2thumbs:

sabunim5
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM
We are all hoping you have Fang back soon. :pray: It sounds hopeful. Keep us posted. :popcorn:

FANG
04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Got word this afternoon that the part (VCM) arrived and they are replacing it now. Still don't know if Fang will be repaired by the time I get off work at 4:30PM.

PMS service fepartment closes at 5:30 and I will have to go pick up my daughter so she can drive my car back and I can ryde Fang.

Weather looks terrible but I do have rain gear. I just want to be able to test it out today. :coffee: but hopeful.

aubierules
04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Got word this afternoon that the part (VCM) arrived and they are replacing it now. Still don't know if Fang will be repaired by the time I get off work at 4:30PM.

PMS service fepartment closes at 5:30 and I will have to go pick up my daughter so she can drive my car back and I can ryde Fang.

Weather looks terrible but I do have rain gear. I just want to be able to test it out today. :coffee: but hopeful.

good luck:thumbup: i had the same issues with brp and pms......pms has been helpful, but i got different answers everytime i talked with them(pms) not good for confidence:(