PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Noboot

kywinger
09-20-2016, 12:20 PM
I have a 2015 RT with 7800 miles on it.
I purchased Noboots billet wind shied arm before any problem popped up.

The hold down blocks came off cleanly. Inspecting the BRP arm I found a crack starting, glad I got the new arm ahead of any problem showed up.
The small screw securing the worm gear stripped out when I tried to remove it. :banghead:
So I tried the wedges from Noboot on the magnet side.
The magnet side slide right off using the blocks and wedges. :yes:
Ron's billet arm fits the shaft nicely.
Put the parts back together and wind shield is working fine.

Thank you Ron for the nice piece of equipment.

Bob Denman
09-20-2016, 12:43 PM
:D He's got me on his list for one... :thumbup:

oldguyinTX
09-20-2016, 12:44 PM
I've got one on the way. BRP should be buying these and having the crap OEM part replaced under either a recall or TSB.

Bob Denman
09-20-2016, 01:08 PM
I respectfully disagree... They should be piled on top of the idiot who approved the design for them... :gaah:

noboot
09-20-2016, 04:33 PM
:D He's got me on his list for one... :thumbup:

Yours is on it's way Bob :D

oldguyinTX
09-20-2016, 07:06 PM
I respectfully disagree... They should be piled on top of the idiot who approved the design for them... :gaah:

Well.......at the very least that idiot should be riding an RT & watch the windshield fold back and threaten to hit him in the face when the crap OEM "dogbone" breaks. New undies anyone?

noboot
09-20-2016, 07:21 PM
My concern has always been that someone will have a serious accident with the behaviour of the Windscreen once the "dogbone" breaks.

teacherbob
11-01-2016, 10:34 AM
BRP needs to step up and deal with this issue. My bracket broke on a ride last Friday crashing the winshield back, almost hitting me in the face. In researching other posts, it looks like a number of people have had this problem. This is a poorly made, defective, part. BRP customer service and dealers are no help at all on this. They say you have to replace the entire motor assembly. The cost on this part is $640 plus labor. This is ridiculous. Fortunately, Ron (noboot) in Australia has a billet aluminum replacement part available. I have one ordered. This seems to be a very well made part. BRP will not even allow you to buy just the bracket. I really think Can-Am has dropped the ball on this one. Thankfully, one of our spyder brothers has come to the rescue with a workable solution.

Bob Denman
11-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Ron,
Mine has been received; THANKS!! :2thumbs: