PDA

View Full Version : Swiffer works great on the Spyder

Smylinacha
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Was out in the garage after work while HDX was installing my new CHAD windshield. I didn't ride tonight but will be riding this weekend. HDX took it for a test ride and he loves it. Anyway, he put some dirty clothes on my Spyder when he came home from work and got this nasty sawdust all over it:mad: and I couldn't stand looking at it so I told him I wanted to dust it off. He said he wanted to do the windshield first but it was really bugging me. I ran upstairs, got out my trusty swiffer and dusted the :f_spider: off and it worked great! Took all the cr@p off and it stuck right to the swiffer. It worked so well, I even did his Roadglide w/ it - came out nice! So, I'm gonna keep a swiffer handy in my poot so if I get somewhere and I don't like how it looks, I can dust away real easy. Don't laugh - it really worked.

ataDude
03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
... So, I'm gonna keep a swiffer handy in my poot so if I get somewhere and I don't like how it looks, I can dust away real easy....

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

effgjamis
03-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Swifter... that's cool..
Have you tried the Microfiber towel???
I like the Microfiber very much and it is much cheaper.
Got 24 towels at Sams for less than $12.
It is sure nice to know of other products which work.

kalavera
03-31-2009, 09:11 PM
...So, I'm gonna keep a swiffer handy in my poot so if I get somewhere and I don't like how it looks, I can dust away real easy. Don't laugh - it really worked.

I was thinking the same thing. LOL

Smylinacha
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM

I knew you'd get a kick out of that

ataDude
03-31-2009, 09:14 PM
I knew you'd get a kick out of that

:D

Smylinacha
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
I was thinking the same thing. LOL

HDX just said he has his hands full - between me and Roaddog, he's shot. First I spelled the dumb swifter wrong - all these years I was calling it a swiffer. Then I call the boot a poot cuz Roaddog calls his a poot so that rubbed off on me. I didn't drink too much tonight - I swear. I'm totally straight as I type this.:shocked:

Edit to add: OK, the swifter thing got to me so I had to look it up - I was right - it's a SWIFFER. OK, I feel better now. Sick of second guessing myself.

Longlegs
03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Edit to add: OK, the swifter thing got to me so I had to look it up - I was right - it's a SWIFFER. OK, I feel better now. Sick of second guessing myself.

Somebody let me know when I start talking to myself on message boards!:D
But thanks for the great tip. I tried the car duster thing and it doesnt work good on plastic.

bjt
03-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Somebody let me know when I start talking to myself on message boards!:D
But thanks for the great tip. I tried the car duster thing and it doesnt work good on plastic.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/lol-0017.gif :D :D :D

Roaddog2
04-01-2009, 07:39 AM
HDX just said he has his hands full - between me and Roaddog, he's shot. First I spelled the dumb swifter wrong - all these years I was calling it a swiffer. Then I call the boot a poot cuz Roaddog calls his a poot so that rubbed off on me. I didn't drink too much tonight - I swear. I'm totally straight as I type this.:shocked:

Edit to add: OK, the swifter thing got to me so I had to look it up - I was right - it's a SWIFFER. OK, I feel better now. Sick of second guessing myself.YA RIGHT was your garage dark everything looks good in the dark.
:bowdown:Microfiber:bowdown:what did we all do before this.
How did the big nasty :cus: toenail come out :joke:

NancysToy
04-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Nah, the CHAD is different.......more like the tongue of a shoe hanging out. It sure seems to work, though. I am much more receptive to criticism if I am comfortable. LOL
-Scotty

Roaddog2
04-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Nah, the CHAD is different.......more like the tongue of a shoe hanging out. It sure seems to work, though. I am much more receptive to criticism if I am comfortable. LOL
-Scotty:agree:just messin with the swiffer lady:2thumbs:

NancysToy
04-01-2009, 08:58 AM
:agree:just messin with the swiffer lady:2thumbs:
Never mess with a lady with a mop in her hand! :D
-Scotty

Dukester
04-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I used a Swifter on my :spyder: last week and it does a great job. I was worried about scratches because of the road dust but it worked out great. I also use that Liquid ice wax kit from Trutle wax and it does a fantastic job :thumbup: on all the parts without any residue. It's quick and easy and the :spyder:looks great.

Smylinacha
04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
YA RIGHT was your garage dark everything looks good in the dark.
:bowdown:Microfiber:bowdown:what did we all do before this.

Toenail looks cool actually and I'll be stylin up to VT on Sunday - I won't have to wipe aslphault off my face and I will be able to hear my tunes quite nicely:2thumbs:. If the Swiffer did a crappy job on the :f_spider:, HDX would have never let me touch the Roadglide w/ it. :2thumbs:

DynamoBT
04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Looks like I'll get to meet you then. I'm definitely going on Sunday too. Good chance hubby will be with me too. He asked if there will be :spyder2: there?

The more the merrier!! I want to see some of these things in person!!!

NancysToy
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Toenail looks cool actually and I'll be stylin up to VT on Sunday - I won't have to wipe aslphault off my face and I will be able to hear my tunes quite nicely:2thumbs:. If the Swiffer did a crappy job on the :f_spider:, HDX would have never let me touch the Roadglide w/ it. :2thumbs:
The TB muffler, too! The exhaust is much more noticeable with the CHAD, even the stock exhaust. :)
-Scotty

Smylinacha
04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Looks like I'll get to meet you then. I'm definitely going on Sunday too. Good chance hubby will be with me too. He asked if there will be :spyder2: there?

The more the merrier!! I want to see some of these things in person!!!

Cool - can't wait! This is gonna be fun!:2thumbs:

Smylinacha
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
The TB muffler, too! The exhaust is much more noticeable with the CHAD, even the stock exhaust. :)
-Scotty

I'll have to crank up my volume then!:cheers: