PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peek of ISCI's Upcoming Product Line

Venom21
03-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Floorboards, Parking Brake and Rider Foot Peg Extensions, Highway Peg Brackets

Lamonster
03-31-2009, 11:45 AM
First post promoting their product? So are you ISCI? :dontknow: If so lets hook you up as a sponsor.:doorag:

crazycanuck
03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
can you atleast say "Hi" to the board first:sour: :D

Jimmy Neutron
03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't know but stop teasing us and get these things out here. I really want to ride and hopefully can get the hand brake. But I am sure I will have to sell my firstborn to be able to afford it..

Lamonster
03-31-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't know but stop teasing us and get these things out here. I really want to ride and hopefully can get the hand brake. But I am sure I will have to sell my firstborn to be able to afford it..

I saw their stuff in Daytona and it is first rate. :thumbup:

Arachnid
03-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I just received an e-mail from there VP Mr. Dapprich.
Unfortunately for me like his other. The attachment is in a Microsoft document and I am on a Mac. But when I get to work I will open it.
They are reportedly with in a month of sales on the brake peddle, floorboards and peg extensions. and it looks like they have a anatomical correct spider on the floorboard from these pictures.
Hope they get this on the market soon.

Mike

Lamonster
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately for me like his other. The attachment is in a Microsoft document and I am on a Mac. But when I get to work I will open it.
They are reportedly with in a month of sales on the brake peddle, floorboards and peg extensions. and it looks like they have a anatomical correct spider on the floorboard from these pictures.

Mike

Download Open Office and you can read any file. That's what I use on my Mac.
http://www.openoffice.org/product/
http://www.macworld.com/article/136018/2008/10/openoffice.html

zzneonzz
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm really interested in the floor boards and the Hand brake once its ready.

gjco
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
As BUBBA would say "they Bosshogged there way right on in"

Cundiffla
03-31-2009, 08:08 PM
COOL :2thumbs:

:f_spider:

aka1004
03-31-2009, 08:26 PM

Mike

i got student version of office for mac for 150 bucks
same software but can not upgrade when next version comes

ataDude
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM

Heck, that's what I use on my PC. Don't need stinkin' MS Office anymore! Period.

Lamonster
03-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Heck, that's what I use on my PC. Don't need stinkin' MS Office anymore! Period.
And it's free :thumbup:

Venom21
04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
It was certianly not my intention to "bosshog" my way in by my post or to offend anyone by posting these. I have had conversation with Lamonster previously about becoming a sponsor of this site up to a month ago. I have requested to be so again, and hopefully this will take place. The reason for me posting these in such a hurried manor was becasue many of you on this board have been e-mailing our site with requests for updates and pricing. We are very close now, so I wanted to satisfy your requests by putting these pictures out there. It was meant to be helpful and that was my intent. I respectfully apologize if it rubbed anyone the wrong way.

SpydOR
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM

OpenOffice only works on Mac if you have X11 installed. If you do not have X11 installed, I recommend NeoOffice instead. It is based off OpenOffice and will allow you to read all MS formats (except for the new XML-based 2007 formats) and other less-common formats. http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/maindownload.php

By the way, I dig the floorboards and the brake pedal.

Arachnid
04-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks Lamonster,
I have now got Open Office and it works fine.
I hope I don't have to read too many of their e-mails before I can parches my floorboards and brake extension.

Thanks again :D Mike

ptoemmes
04-03-2009, 08:47 AM
I asked:

Thanks Darrell,

When do you expect to have a more complete set of pics and, perhaps, pics on a Spyder? Also pricing ;-)

Looks good so far. Ready to buy if the price is in the ballpark.

Thanks,

Pete

==============================================
And they responded:

Can't give an exact date as of yet. We had some redesign issues and some circumstances beyond our control that pushed things back some. We are very close is all I can speculate to as of right now.

Darrell

Jimmy Neutron
04-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah Maybe because I need the hand brake rather badly and my nerves are getting freyed but they are starting to remind me of waiting for my wife to put her makeup on... :spyder::yes::banghead:

Venom21
04-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I understand your frustrations, I really do. There are obvious liability issues involved when developing an item such as a handbrake, that we want to be extra diligent on. Rushing into a product like that would not be very prudent. We also have to rely on other component suppliers to deliver. Thanks for your patience.

Roaddog2
04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
It was certianly not my intention to "bosshog" my way in by my post or to offend anyone by posting these. I have had conversation with Lamonster previously about becoming a sponsor of this site up to a month ago. I have requested to be so again, and hopefully this will take place. The reason for me posting these in such a hurried manor was becasue many of you on this board have been e-mailing our site with requests for updates and pricing. We are very close now, so I wanted to satisfy your requests by putting these pictures out there. It was meant to be helpful and that was my intent. I respectfully apologize if it rubbed anyone the wrong way.Thats cool they don't get much nicer than Lamont out there.I'm intrested in the boards also and would it be possible for a custom job can a set be made to match my avatar :ani29:Oh ya brake peddle also

NancysToy
04-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I understand your frustrations, I really do. There are obvious liability issues involved when developing an item such as a handbrake, that we want to be extra diligent on. Rushing into a product like that would not be very prudent. We also have to rely on other component suppliers to deliver. Thanks for your patience.
That makes good sense. If you are going to do it, do it right. You guys that research and engineer a product, test prototypes and get some input, then fine tune them before you put the product out, get my vote every time! Thanks for keeping us informed.
-Scotty

zzneonzz
04-03-2009, 09:40 AM
That makes good sense. If you are going to do it, do it right. You guys that research and engineer a product, test prototypes and get some input, then fine tune them before you put the product out, get my vote every time! Thanks for keeping us informed.
-Scotty

:agree:

LDFIREWORKS
04-03-2009, 09:46 AM
LOOKS GOOD HOW MUCH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:thumbup::ani29::spyder2::cla p::2thumbs:

Lamonster
04-03-2009, 10:01 AM
-Scotty

I hope to be testing the hand brake setup soon. :doorag:
Mine is working fine but a hydraulic setup is so much better. I get calls for this all the time and I have a hard time recommending a cable setup just because a cable will fail from time to time and it's almost unheard of for a hydraulic system to fail. Those riders that are counting on the hand brake as their only means of stopping the Spyder need to have this setup or one like it. I still wish BRP would offer it as a option but I don't see that ever happening from what I've been told. :sour:

I've seen ISCI's work and this a real company that takes a lot of pride in the product they produce. I think when it's ready for the market it will be well worth the wait. :doorag:

Firefly
04-03-2009, 11:00 AM
-Scotty

Exactly!
We're all just impatient and want it NOW.

If it came to market too soon, they would be coming out with new 'models' every month and eventually have a slider version that everyone who bought earlier versions would want- :D

Test. Test. Test.

HD2CANAM
04-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Has anyone noticed or is it just me? The original "ant" design has turned into a "spyder" on the floorboards.:dontknow: I have the parking brake and it is excellent!

Firefly
04-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Has anyone noticed or is it just me? The original "ant" design has turned into a "spyder" on the floorboards.:dontknow: I have the parking brake and it is excellent!

They will offer them without any type of critter on them too.

Jimmy Neutron
04-03-2009, 03:16 PM
how did you get the parking brake and how much was it..

Cundiffla
04-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Is it ready yet???????? :clap:

Motza
04-11-2009, 08:57 PM
$400 bucks or so hydraulics too, from an independent custom bike shop in my area, that did not include any labor.
JUST FOR THE RECORD.. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH ANY UPCOMING TOP OF THE LINE ISCI PRODUCT
...sorry if I got anyones fangs up.... hisss

Kariblay
04-12-2009, 07:03 AM
I hope to be testing the hand brake setup soon. :doorag:
Mine is working fine but a hydraulic setup is so much better. I get calls for this all the time and I have a hard time recommending a cable setup just because a cable will fail from time to time and it's almost unheard of for a hydraulic system to fail. Those riders that are counting on the hand brake as their only means of stopping the Spyder need to have this setup or one like it. I still wish BRP would offer it as a option but I don't see that ever happening from what I've been told. :sour:

I've seen ISCI's work and this a real company that takes a lot of pride in the product they produce. I think when it's ready for the market it will be well worth the wait. :doorag:

Any ETA on the hydraulic brake setup? Price? :pray:

Jimmy Neutron
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
$400 bucks or so hydraulics too

If its 400 bucks I will sell Spyder. Everyone should make money but that would be Salty..

nyfdtsdemt
04-13-2009, 03:46 PM
:agree:

Firefly
04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
If its 400 bucks I will sell Spyder. Everyone should make money but that would be Salty..

I don't think $400 would be that bad. Sure you could do it for 1/2 that yourself - but would yours work as well and look as nice?

Magic Man
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM

With all that's involved in bringing a product like this to market, $400 would be a really cheap price for quality set up like this. :lecturef_smilie:

I would and will order one in a heartbeat as soon as they are ready , even if they are double that price. :thumbup:

MM

Arachnid
04-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Yep, :agree:
I will be happy if I can get the floorboards and brake extension for 400.

Mike

burg650
04-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Magic Man I heard that you are also working on a kit for the spyder.

Venom21
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
There still has been no price established for the hand brake system. It is still in development because of liability and vendor issues. The $400.00 price is not factual or valid. Just to clarify.

Motza
04-16-2009, 10:30 PM
There still has been no price established for the hand brake system. It is still in development because of liability and vendor issues. The $400.00 price is not factual or valid. Just to clarify.
JUST TO CLARIFY SEE POST #31

Venom21
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Motza6 you have a private message explaining the above post.

Magic Man
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Magic Man I heard that you are also working on a kit for the spyder.

We have one in development, however if there is another company who is willing to assume the HUGE libility risk a system like this will have that is great news.

The "forever" libility a product like this has is not something we wanted to have. Because the potential profits compaired to the life of the product libility a system like this will have even if only one customer ever has a problem could put you out of business in a heartbeat.

I think the system ISCI is working on is great, and I wish them the best of luck bringing it to market! If I know them, when it comes out it will be a real nice quality product for sure.

MM

larryd
04-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a set of the rider foot peg adapters ?? I have contacted ISCI several times this week and no one there can tell me if or when these will become available..Several people at ISCI said they would find out and call me or e-mail me back the next day but still nothing..thank you larryd

Dragonrider
04-23-2009, 03:36 PM
As of this morning - no.... but SOOOON!!:2thumbs:

Lamonster
04-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a set of the rider foot peg adapters ?? I have contacted ISCI several times this week and no one there can tell me if or when these will become available..Several people at ISCI said they would find out and call me or e-mail me back the next day but still nothing..thank you larryd
http://www.nomagicneon.com/spyderfootpegadapters.html :dontknow:

larryd
04-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Dragonrider, Where and Who ??:dontknow:

Questions
05-27-2009, 01:58 AM
what are you guy's talking about, Is there a pic I missed? I like to see what they are coming up with. I made my own hydralic brake, bypassed the foot brake completely and made the lps switch opperable. Im new to this so I cant figure these threads out, do I start at the bottom and work my way up the page, where did the conversation start? Thanks for the Help. By the way any Riders in Reno NV...

irish2themax
05-27-2009, 06:24 AM
I'm new to this so I cant figure these threads out, do I start at the bottom and work my way up the page,

Start at the last thread and work backwards