PDA

View Full Version : Sorry all... One more tire thread...

KageRider
09-16-2016, 10:29 PM
SO I will need new front tires before next Wisconsin riding season. I feel like I have been searching through tire threads for days (ok only like 6 hours) and I have not seen anything about people buying Hankook tires. Am I missing something with them? I found these... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V4+ES+H105&partnum=755TR5H105&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

What are everyone's thoughts?​

Bob Denman
09-17-2016, 07:58 AM
For about $20 less per tire: you could pick up Kumho's Solus, in a 155/60-15 size... :dontknow:
How many miles did you get out of your Kendas? If they served you well; another set of them, is an option also!

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-17-2016, 08:30 AM
SO I will need new front tires before next Wisconsin riding season. I feel like I have been searching through tire threads for days (ok only like 6 hours) and I have not seen anything about people buying Hankook tires. Am I missing something with them? I found these... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V4+ES+H105&partnum=755TR5H105&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

What are everyone's thoughts?​
Never had them on a Spyder, but I have used this brand and was satisfied with them in general.If you call Discount Tire DIRECT 1-800-589-6789, they will give you a better price than Tire Rack because they ship FREE ............DO NOT TELL THEM IT'S FOR A SPYDER ..... SAY it's for 2000 VW bug .......The ratings are good for this tire and should fit ...........Mike :thumbup:

KageRider
09-17-2016, 08:52 AM
I bought the bike used in March this year the left tire is wearing goofy. My thought was to head to the Madison area to get a laser alignment then get new front tires. Im not opposed to the kendas or the Kumho's I was just looking for options!

Thank Mike and Bob for your replies!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

AeroPilot
09-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Currently running the Kumho Solus KH16's on the wifes RT. I have Hankook's on the Ranger PU and okay with them, always nice to have choices, and your riding miles should tell the tale for you.

Chupaca
09-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Some products with a variety of choices take a long time to get reviews for them all. The kendas work well for most but waiting for a full review at 20-30 thousand miles takes time. As you must have seen there are a lot of tires being used (non motorcycle). I have had those tires on my car and they did as well as all the others that I have used over the years. Hey you can be the first to give us a review down the line. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-17-2016, 04:55 PM
I bought the bike used in March this year the left tire is wearing goofy. My thought was to head to the Madison area to get a laser alignment then get new front tires. Im not opposed to the kendas or the Kumho's I was just looking for options!

Thank Mike and Bob for your replies!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
ROLO / TRU-TRAC Lazer Alignment is the KEY to any tire you put on even the Crappy Kenda's ..........If the Spyder isn't properly aligned no matter what tire you use it will FAIL .....50 % sooner than it should ......period ......Mike :thumbup:

Deanna777
09-17-2016, 07:24 PM

What are everyone's thoughts?​What year is your spyder?

What spyder model did you get?

What size tire are you going to use?

Deanna