PDA

View Full Version : Spyder "bling"

Vegasf3t
09-15-2016, 10:40 AM
I have owned 8 HD's over the last 12 years and have always joked that buying a Harley was an excuse to spend another 2k of "stuff" to put on it. If you have ever owned one you-know-what I'm talking about. Now having been on this forum for a week, I'm seeing Spyder folks are a close 2nd in the "bling thing"! So my question is, windshield aside, what are your top 3 choices for accessories, add ons,mods, etc? I'm blown away by what many of you have done!

pdxsenior
09-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Local or touring rides?

15' F3S SE6 owner

Copperman
09-15-2016, 10:51 AM
I have owned 8 HD's over the last 12 years and have always joked that buying a Harley was an excuse to spend another 2k of "stuff" to put on it. If you have ever owned one you-know-what I'm talking about. Now having been on this forum for a week, I'm seeing Spyder folks are a close 2nd in the "bling thing"! So my question is, windshield aside, what are your top 3 choices for accessories, add ons,mods, etc? I'm blown away by what many of you have done!

A GPS is a must.

Extra lights (TrcLED has everything you need that is red and amber. Look to Lamont for LED fog and head lights.).

A backrest.

Everything else is whatever you want.

You'll be lucky to only spend another $2,000 on "stuff".

No 2817
09-15-2016, 10:55 AM
What Spyder did you get. I have the '16 F3-T SE-6. I replaced the amber side markers with LED ones. Added LED side markers to the hard bags. (both of these flash with turn signals) Replaced back front fender reflectors with LED markers. (running/brake) Added Muth Turn signal mirrors (red arrows in the mirrors) to the handlebars. I did not feel comfortable with the low convex mirrors that come with the F3-T's (so yes I do have 4 mirrors) Went with the Cannonball seat and both back rests. (adjustable for the wife) Have the trailer hitch. (and a Luminex trailer) Had 660 Zumo already but that is on there too.

Isn't nice to go to Bike Night, and not have to look at the license plate to tell which HD is yours?? The Spyder is definitely a 1% machine to ride!

Chris

Sorry did not notice your handle had f3t

Vegasf3t
09-15-2016, 10:59 AM
I have a 2016 F3-T. One week old. Plan do some touring, but mostly local riding.

murphybrown
09-15-2016, 12:03 PM
For better ryde: Bajaron Sway Bar; Squared Away Lazer Alignment

For my comfort: Diamond R Cup Holders (yep plural); Backrest; TricLED larger brake pedal..foam grips..FOBO tire pressure. Lamonster middle adjustable peg; handlebar collar with RAM mount; and bungee buddies (sooo convenient and great).

Bling and Safety: TricLED lights and upgrades for lights and other essentials...Spyderpops bumpskid and gravel guard. Dimple Plugs. Switched to full synthetic oil.

And now I'm packing to go to Red Rock Rally and I see there are a ton of vendors...oh my...I'm sure I might add to this list!!! Luv my Spyder and luv my bling!!

Buckeye Bleau
09-15-2016, 12:59 PM
I believe in doing everything you can to BE seen out there.

my #1 is lights, first the white, Amber and red lights to replace the front fender reflectors.
2 would be the SpyderPops skid plate WITH the LED lights it is amazing.
3 is additional brake lighting, blinking, high up, whatever.
4.driver back rest.
5 whatever you like

If you want a good experienced vendor contact Teresa at Value Accessories, she is very helpful and can get you most anything you need. They are a site sponsor on the home page. She.got me Tricled lights, the ski plate and so much more. :thumbup:

Oh oh and of course make sure that a friend gives you the gift of a Grmlin bell to ward off those nasty critters! :dg2:

Joe

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-15-2016, 01:17 PM
ON my spyder most of the things i added i don't consider bling
gps
lighted bump skid
lidlox
3rd/4th brake light
and a few others all are add on's but not what i call bling while on harley's it is chrome chrome & chrome

Chupaca
09-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Here is the thing...we have three basic catagories....Safety...comfort...looks. We could have a sub division for performance and handling. Now how to decide is the trick....:dontknow: I do more in the handling and performance....

ARtraveler
09-15-2016, 02:10 PM
For my RT's

:ani29:: Custom Dynamics Trunk light

:ani29:: Large brake pedal

:ani29:: A different seat. Currently--BRP Comfort seat suit both my RT's.

:ani29:: Spyderpops lighted Bump Skid

That's kind of where I am currently. :yes:

Cruzr Joe
09-15-2016, 02:12 PM
Lighted bump skid

Rear LED's

GPS

More LED lights

good place to look is www.spyderpops.com

Cruzr Joe

Peteoz
09-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Hi Vegas,
For my F3-L, the best mod are -

Lamonster RIP floorboards. They give you more foot room, but more importantly give you a much better foot angle to access to the brake pedal, as well as a better foot point for mounting the F3.

A backrest for support makes a huge difference in comfort. I also added the Cannonball seat, but seat models are very personal.

The FOBO system for early warning of tyre issues adds a level of peace of mind.

Lamonster clamp tops with ramballs for a neat look and the ability to pop the iPhone on easily.

Lamonster power plate for both USB power on the road and the battery tender in the garage.

Lamonster indicator strips for the mirrors for better intention visibility for other road users.

A Wolo horn so people actually hear you when you press it.

GPS is essential for me......those bloody paper maps keep blocking my vision when I'm riding.;)

Pete

Vegasf3t
09-15-2016, 05:37 PM
For better ryde: Bajaron Sway Bar; Squared Away Lazer Alignment

For my comfort: Diamond R Cup Holders (yep plural); Backrest; TricLED larger brake pedal..foam grips..FOBO tire pressure. Lamonster middle adjustable peg; handlebar collar with RAM mount; and bungee buddies (sooo convenient and great).

Bling and Safety: TricLED lights and upgrades for lights and other essentials...Spyderpops bumpskid and gravel guard. Dimple Plugs. Switched to full synthetic oil.

And now I'm packing to go to Red Rock Rally and I see there are a ton of vendors...oh my...I'm sure I might add to this list!!! Luv my Spyder and luv my bling!!

Thanks for mentioning the Red Rock event! Easy ride from Vegas. Made my reservation at the Hilton. Looking forward to it !

quasi
09-15-2016, 06:01 PM
a good seat, highway pegs to suit you, and a selection of good old road maps! leather grip wraps.

Richard Budden
09-15-2016, 06:54 PM

The big difference from owning a Harley vs. owning a Spyder is that you don't have to spend 10 grand on a new wardrobe to ride a Spyder. Just saying. The bling however is still pretty much an endless expense. See my list below. And I haven't stopped yet lol

1 Sony Video Cam mounted on windscreen frame
2 Changed power outlets front and rear from ignition to battery
3 Nose bra
4 Skid plate
5 Side marker reflectors changed to LED’s on top side of front fender
6 Rear marker reflectors changed to LED’s on rear of front fender
7 Highway pegs and brackets
8 Akropovic high performance exhaust ( factory original equipment )
9 Cell phone mount in the center of handle bars
10 Triaxle handlebars ( factory original equipment )
11 Drivers backrest ( factory original equipment )
12 Voltage meter
13 Two power outlets installed under dash
14 Front handlebar cup holder on left side of handlebar
15 Passenger armrest ( powder coated black )
16 Front and Rears seat cushions
17 Saddlebag scuff pads ( carbon fiber )
18 Rear trunk rack ( powder coated black )
19 Drivers rear antenna ( factory original equipment )
20 License plate secure vault
21 Rear mud flap extension
22 Saddlebag reflectors changed to LED’s
23 Trailer hitch with harness ( factory original equipment )
24 Plastic belt guard
25 Saddlebag storage nets
26 Saddlebag moulded storage bags
27 Rear turn signals changed to LED bulbs
28 Rear clamp on cup holder
29 Full cover ( factory original equipment )
30 Ultraguard half cover
31 Leather rear trunk rack strap on luggage bag
32 Smoked license plate cover
33 Trailer splash / rock guard plate
34 4.5 × 2 inch full size brake peddle
35 Baja Ron performance anti-sway bar
36 Baja Ron bullet aluminum sway bar end links
37 Nyrius Bluetooth Apple audio adapter
38 Spyder wraps real carbon fiber dash kit
39 2015 Freedom Trailer painter to match
40 Smoked license plate cover for trailer
41 Trailer rewired for DC outlet in trailer
42 Fitted cover for trailer

Vegasf3t
09-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Holy crap!

spr_chicken
09-15-2016, 08:39 PM
First thing I baught was a Dual Mode backrest. I want to get a windshield next.

Bfromla
09-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Started with a limited to save myself some work in various option, but added the rest of listed in my signature:firstplace: Almost done i have a future Farkle list compiled & waiting for funding:roflblack:
:coffee: