PDA

View Full Version : Right Brake Light not working on F3

Msmoto
09-11-2016, 07:36 PM
My new roadster has less than 1000 miles on it and today I was told my right brake light was not working. Suspect the bike was never actually inspected at pre-delivery, but that the list of items was simply checked off assuming a new bike would have all working.

I can assume the fuse is intact as the left brake light works fine. So, what might be the problem? Or, where should I begin the process of checking. My first guess is a connection is either off or at least not making good contact.

To return this to the dealer for correction is about as much work as figuring out the problem myself, or at least eliminating as many easy answers as I can. Like the actual connection to the brake light unit itself would be the first place I might check, and measuring the voltage at the wire.

If there are any ideas I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks

zuni
09-11-2016, 07:41 PM
My new roadster has less than 1000 miles on it and today I was told my right brake light was not working. Suspect the bike was never actually inspected at pre-delivery, but that the list of items was simply checked off assuming a new bike would have all working.

I can assume the fuse is intact as the left brake light works fine. So, what might be the problem? Or, where should I begin the process of checking. My first guess is a connection is either off or at least not making good contact.

To return this to the dealer for correction is about as much work as figuring out the problem myself, or at least eliminating as many easy answers as I can. Like the actual connection to the brake light unit itself would be the first place I might check, and measuring the voltage at the wire.

If there are any ideas I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks

You just need to pull out a couple of push pins to pull back the body panel holding the tail light. This would give yo access to the connector to see if it was properly seated. Alternately you have three screws and one push pin on the underneath side toward the front of the bike to be able to remove the saddle bag completely.

CJ JAX

Msmoto
09-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Thank you, Zuni

zuni
09-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Thank you, Zuni
Good luck. PM or post if you run across anything or have other questions. Will offfer what I can.

CJ JAX

Bfromla
09-11-2016, 08:16 PM
:shocked: Hope it's just a bulb.. Some things just aint made to last :dontknow::banghead:

Msmoto
09-19-2016, 07:53 AM
My service person states he has seen one other where the brake light was not working and will check it out/replace it once I am back in town.

JKMSPYDER
09-19-2016, 08:52 AM
I don't know if getting to the brake light bulb is different for the F3-Ltd but on my F3-S I just have to remove the passenger seat. Check to see if it is as simple as a burned out bulb.

Msmoto
09-25-2016, 08:45 PM
This is an LED unit, the dealership will be checking this out when I return back home.

Msmoto
11-20-2016, 09:46 AM
My Can Am dealer, Winston-Salem Honda in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, replaced my tail light in about 30 minutes...great service at this dealership.

Chupaca
11-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Thanks for following up and posting the problem was solved...:bowdown: sometimes it can be a simple thing but a pain in the butt....:banghead: