PDA

View Full Version : Arlington VA.

Abbot Spyder
09-10-2016, 08:01 AM
Good morning, I am leaving tomorrow for Arlington VA. I am going to a funeral at the National cemetery for a cousin of mine. Navy pilot of the Aircraft carrier USS Ranger and USS Intrepid. He flew A-1 Skyraider during the Vietnam war. I am coming back Wednesday. Arthur is coming along for the ride. I will visit a little bit of Washington DC.

cuznjohn
09-10-2016, 08:32 AM
may your cousin REST IN PEACE

Bogie
09-10-2016, 09:08 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your cousin. I thank him for serving our great country.
It is a great honor to be laid to rest in Arlington Cemetery.
My son was stationed there for 5 years in the Continental Color Guard.
He is hoping to be relocated there early next year when his Drill Sergeant duty is over at Ft. Sill.
Have a safe trip!

Chupaca
09-10-2016, 09:35 AM
:pray:'s to you and his family and friends. Sad reason for this trip but I hope the road will be filled with his memories.....

safecracker
09-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Sorry for your loss. Sue and I will be thinking of you. Bruce

drhunt204
09-10-2016, 05:12 PM
I want to offer my condolences and prayers to you and your family. You don't do the things your cousin did in in the Navy without having above average intelligence & talents. I'm sorry for the loss it brings to you and his family.

Jim

Dan McNally
09-10-2016, 08:04 PM
My condolences that your cousin has flown west - please post where his grave is, when you return, and the next time I'm visiting Arlington, I'll drop buy and "throw a nickel on the grass" for him.

sandman53
09-11-2016, 01:11 PM
I too I'm sorry for your loss. Hope you have good ride.

Abbot Spyder
09-16-2016, 05:23 AM
Thank you for the kind word. It was an experience of a lifetime, very emotional, and so beautiful, and so respectful. While there I stay and watch the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier, and I also the JFK memorial. Now for the people of Maine a bit of history: the four pieces of slate on the tomb of President Kennedy came from Monson Maine. That is why the slate quarry in Monson is call Kennedy slate. The trip went very well, with 1450 miles round trip. God bless. :ani29:

safecracker
09-17-2016, 07:02 AM
We are glad you are back. I will see you soon. Bruce
P.S. Thanks for the tidbit info.