PDA

View Full Version : Bitten

FANG
03-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Well today started out great - first day in the last 4 that I could ryde the :spyder2:. Weather has been so bad but today dawned with the sun shining and temps in the 50's. I decided I would go visit my Mom who lives about 60 miles away in Mobile, AL. Was taking a leisurely ryde on Interstate 10 when disaster happened. As I entered the tunnel that goes under the Mobile River my dash board lit up like a christmas tree. EBD fault - ABS fault - VSS fault - check DPS. LIMP MODE HOME. Arrggh.... :yikes:

I pulled over and turned the spyder off. Waited for 15 min restarted and tried to ryde the spyder -- LIMP MODE only. I made it to my Mom's. Called BRP - I have the extended waranty so I wanted to have the :spyder2: towed to Pensacola MotorSports. Well you cannot call and request a pick up for a future date. (PMS is closed Sunday and Monday) the operator told me that the imformation can only be saved for 48 hrs and that I will have to call back and give them the information on Monday and then call again on Tuesday to tell them to send the flat bed wrecker.
It took me over 20 minutes just toget an operator on the line.

So I have to work Monday called my daughter and she and her husband came and picked me up and brough me back home. My precious :spyder2: is broken in my Mom's driveway wait transport to the shop.

Anybody have any ideas what this could be I have a 2008 SM5 with 6000 miles. :banghead:

ataDude
03-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I've never had the problem but the two most likely things, based on what I've read, are (1) the front relays (loose or bad) or (2) a loose connection at the battery.

Good luck and let us know! Sorry you had the trouble.

Well today started out great - first day in the last 4 that I could ryde the :spyder2:. Weather has been so bad but today dawned with the sun shining and temps in the 50's. I decided I would go visit my Mom who lives about 60 miles away in Mobile, AL. Was taking a leisurely ryde on Interstate 10 when disaster happened. As I entered the tunnel that goes under the Mobile River my dash board lit up like a christmas tree. EBD fault - ABS fault - VSS fault - check DPS. LIMP MODE HOME. Arrggh.... :yikes:

I pulled over and turned the spyder off. Waited for 15 min restarted and tried to ryde the spyder -- LIMP MODE only. I made it to my Mom's. Called BRP - I have the extended waranty so I wanted to have the :spyder2: towed to Pensacola MotorSports. Well you cannot call and request a pick up for a future date. (PMS is closed Sunday and Monday) the operator told me that the imformation can only be saved for 48 hrs and that I will have to call back and give them the information on Monday and then call again on Tuesday to tell them to send the flat bed wrecker.
It took me over 20 minutes just toget an operator on the line.

So I have to work Monday called my daughter and she and her husband came and picked me up and brough me back home. My precious :spyder2: is broken in my Mom's driveway wait transport to the shop.

Anybody have any ideas what this could be I have a 2008 SM5 with 6000 miles. :banghead: