PDA

View Full Version : Two Brothers Dual Exhaust

adohring
03-29-2009, 07:49 PM
So I got my Two Brothers Dual Slip On from NMN and put it on Saturday. It sounds great, it has a deep throaty tone. But boy, it sure is loud. Wont be sneaking up on anyone.

It louder than I would prefer, but I really like the look and there werent any other options that I could find that give the same two pipe look. So I deal with some extra loudness.

Install was simple and the unit appears to be pretty solid construction.

I did note that Two Brothers is now attaching the end cap with troq screws and not rivets so doing a repack should now be easier like on the Micron.

I really like this exhaust so if you dont mind it being a little loud, check this one out.

ataDude
03-29-2009, 08:04 PM
They have some inserts which quieten them down a bit... 3-4dbs.

So I got my Two Brothers Dual Slip On from NMN and put it on Saturday. It sounds great, it has a deep throaty tone. But boy, it sure is loud. Wont be sneaking up on anyone.

It louder than I would prefer, but I really like the look and there werent any other options that I could find that give the same two pipe look. So I deal with some extra loudness.

Install was simple and the unit appears to be pretty solid construction.

I did note that Two Brothers is now attaching the end cap with troq screws and not rivets so doing a repack should now be easier like on the Micron.

I really like this exhaust so if you dont mind it being a little loud, check this one out.

adohring
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I saw the inserts. I asked Jody from NMN about them and he said that they are definitely quieter with the tips if you measure with a meter, but you cant tell a difference with your ear.

Has anyone here used them? Was your experience the same?

ataDude
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Nope... sorry... I don't run them.

I saw the inserts. I asked Jody from NMN about them and he said that they are definitely quieter with the tips if you measure with a meter, but you cant tell a difference with your ear.

Has anyone here used them? Was your experience the same?

magnum
03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Have the same pipe, put p-4 tips in quiets it down to where you ride your ears don't ring. Have the p-1 also for when I want to make alot of noise:2thumbs:

bone crusher
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Better find some way to knock the decibels down before the states start passing the noise laws for motorcycles! They're coming soon! In MD, we're also going to have emissions tests soon...argh!

adohring
03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Well after a few days riding it I am sad to say that I think I am getting too old... its just too loud for me. I think I would have loved it 10 years ago, but now I need things a little tamer.

I called Two Brothers and they told me that the only option was the P1 tips and that those should drop the noise level by 10DB on the dual pipe. So I ordered a set of them and will put them in tomorrow. The guys from NMN said the tips didnt do much so I am not sure it was the best decision but we will see. I am bummed they dont make some sort of baffle that could be added for those folks that love the look and just need it quieter.

As cool as it looks and as great as the tone is, if the tips dont quiet it down I think I am gonna have to see if I can find a home for it on someone else's Spyder. It'll be back to stock for me. :(

bone crusher
03-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Well after a few days riding it I am sad to say that I think I am getting too old... its just too loud for me. I think I would have loved it 10 years ago, but now I need things a little tamer.

I called Two Brothers and they told me that the only option was the P1 tips and that those should drop the noise level by 10DB on the dual pipe. So I ordered a set of them and will put them in tomorrow. The guys from NMN said the tips didnt do much so I am not sure it was the best decision but we will see. I am bummed they dont make some sort of baffle that could be added for those folks that love the look and just need it quieter.

As cool as it looks and as great as the tone is, if the tips dont quiet it down I think I am gonna have to see if I can find a home for it on someone else's Spyder. It'll be back to stock for me. :(

NO, don't go to stock...get a hindle...it's a great compromise...a nice throaty sound but not enough to make you or anyone else deaf.

You can get one for $430 delivered...it's really worth it!!

kalavera
04-01-2009, 01:01 AM
I am sorry you dont like your exhaust. I love mine. Glad I didnt stick with the stock can. About the only draw back I could think of, is I wont be able to add an audio system like Charles did. Wont be able to hear it over the exhaust.

bjt
04-01-2009, 08:35 AM
I am sorry you dont like your exhaust. I love mine. Glad I didnt stick with the stock can. About the only draw back I could think of, is I wont be able to add an audio system like Charles did. Wont be able to hear it over the exhaust.

That's one of the reasons I went back to the stock muffler after having the Hindle. I tired of having to blast my music or comms full volume to hear them over the wind / exhaust noise.. I sometimes miss the feel that a free flowing exhaust gives on acceleration but I don't miss the louder sound.

Magic Man
04-01-2009, 08:58 AM

I tell everybody who asks....

Of all the stsyems we sell the Two Bros are the loudest line overall. :yikes:

We have a Two bros dual on our SE5 and it is so loud you almost can't hear our Micron SM5 next to it. :shocked:

So, all that said. The Two Bros dual system is the loudest in the Two Bros line, and the loudest I know of for sale from a major company. :yikes: :yikes:

I have many people "think" they want this loud of a system, even after we warn them. Then I hear so many of them saying it ends up being too loud after all. :(

The cones do cut it down a bit, but it is not a night and day difference.

MM

adohring
04-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah, exhausts are so difficult because in most cases you cant hear it before you buy it. You get so many differnet opinions. The guys at NMN said the Two Brothers was loud, two local dealers here in San Diego told me it wasnt much louder than the Hindle. Sucks because these things are not cheap so its a tough trial and error process on the pocket book. Thats why if I can't make the Two Bros work, its back to stock.

On that note, with all the mod-ing going on here I figure someone would know if its possible to add a baffle to the Two Bros. I know the Harley guys would remove their straight baffles and cut them down or leave them out all together. So would it be possible to get a baffle and just insert it into the exhaust can? Its a straight through can so only diameter would have to be matched. Thoughts?

On a side note, here is what Two Brothers says about their exhaust:

"All of our canisters are louder than stock, but not obnoxiously loud. Our exhaust systems are designed to produce a deep and throaty exhaust note. Our canisters have a reputation for being one of the quietest “straight-through” systems on the market today."

LOL, I guess the key word phrase there is "straight-through"

regards,
Arjay

ataDude
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
If they really do reduce the sound by 10db, that's like cutting the noise in half.

adohring
04-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I have many people "think" they want this loud of a system, even after we warn them. Then I hear so many of them saying it ends up being too loud after all. :(
MM

Unfortunately, in my case it wasnt that I thought I wanted a loud exhaust. I really didnt. But the Two Bros dual was the only aftermarket system I saw that I thought really looked great on the spyder. So I just hoped that it wouldnt be too loud.

regards,
Arjay

adohring
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
If they really do reduce the sound by 10db, that's like cutting the noise in half.

I agree, thats why I figured I would give it a try. But according to the guys at NMN, that is just not the case so Two Bros is giving me false info. We will see.

regards,
Arjay

Diggittt
04-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Have the same pipe, put p-4 tips in quiets it down to where you ride your ears don't ring. Have the p-1 also for when I want to make alot of noise:2thumbs:

:agree: I rode with Magnum this past weekend and his two brothers pipe (dual) wasn't overly loud at all with his P4 tips. In fact I just purchased these pipes because of the sound of his. We were also able to hear a sound system from another rider who was with us without struggling to hear the music.

diggittt

Lamonster
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1_N5h0DZoE

crazycanuck
04-01-2009, 10:26 AM
anyone have a DB rating on the Micron:popcorn:

kalavera
04-01-2009, 10:43 AM
is there a video of Micron vs. Two Brothers Dual Exhausts?

:popcorn:

bone crusher
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Get the hindle...best of both worlds...argh....

As far as Lamonster's Yoshi goes, haven't seen that one yet...video looks good though...

crazycanuck
04-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Get the hindle...best of both worlds...argh....

As far as Lamonster's Yoshi goes, haven't seen that one yet...video looks good though...

I think for people that don't like Micron or 2brothers, Yoshi is a great option; better then Hindle IMHO:shocked:

adohring
04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
:agree: I rode with Magnum this past weekend and his two brothers pipe (dual) wasn't overly loud at all with his P4 tips. diggittt

That is really interesting... The Two Brothers sale guy didnt even mention the P4 tips. He said the P1 tips were my only option.

I still cant beleive there is not some sort of baffle that could just be inserted. I guess I am the only guy who wants the exhaust just for looks and doesnt care about the HP effects. :dontknow:

regards,
Arjay

bone crusher
04-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I think for people that don't like Micron or 2brothers, Yoshi is a great option; better then Hindle IMHO:shocked:

I'm obviously partial to the hindle but the yoshi does get good feedback from most people...

adohring
04-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Hey all,

I appreciate the feedback and just wanted to give an update.

I installed the P1 tips yesterday and they definitely make a difference. I can actually hear the windnoise again now. :) Unfortunately, its still a bit too loud for me.

I checked Two Brothers website to look for the P4 tips but found that they, along with the P3's, were only recommended for the off road ATV type use. So I called Two Brothers this morning to ask about them. Two Brothers says that they do not recommend running the P4 nor the P3 on a road vehicle stating that it will cause the packing material to burn up much faster due to the heat build up from back pressure. When I pressed them further, they said that the P4's could be used but would result in higher exhaust maintenance however should give an additional 10DB sound decrease over the P1. They said the P3's should not be used.

Diggittt
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey all,

I appreciate the feedback and just wanted to give an update.

I installed the P1 tips yesterday and they definitely make a difference. I can actually hear the windnoise again now. :) Unfortunately, its still a bit too loud for me.

I checked Two Brothers website to look for the P4 tips but found that they, along with the P3's, were only recommended for the off road ATV type use. So I called Two Brothers this morning to ask about them. Two Brothers says that they do not recommend running the P4 nor the P3 on a road vehicle stating that it will cause the packing material to burn up much faster due to the heat build up from back pressure. When I pressed them further, they said that the P4's could be used but would result in higher exhaust maintenance however should give an additional 10DB sound decrease over the P1. They said the P3's should not be used.

Thanks for the info. My Two Brothers pipe should be sent out today if I am lucky I will have by monday.:2thumbs:

Diggittt

spydeebike
04-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I will buy it if your not happy with it

adohring
04-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey all,

So after some communication with magnum, I picked up a pair of the P4 tips. Definitely tones the exhaust down. It's still loud but not bad at all now. The temp of the cans doesn't seem to be any hotter the before so I don't think heat issues should cause and extra maintenance.

I am really digging it now so thanks for the info.:2thumbs: Anyone who thinks it's too loud should check out the P4 tips.

Regards,
Arjay