PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas

Bobleach45
09-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Check engine light came on and went to limp mode. Had dealer pick up on trailer. Had it for 10 days. Codes= P160E, P1610 and P1615 which I had looked up in Spyder Codes before they picked it up. New throttle body put in and then they had trouble getting rid of the codes but finally got to BRP and had to reprogram it a different way. Put about 120 miles on and was fine then went out the next day and same thing again but only the 1610 and 1615 codes this time. The diffence is that when they came to get it and put it on the trailer the throttle would increase but did not have any power to make it up the ramp so I pushed from behind and we got it on. They are trying to get to BRP for help but say they have not been able to get anyone. Fortunately under warranty. A 3 day ride scheduled for tomorrow so they gave me a free loaner that I'll pick up today. I'm sue I'll sorely miss my backrest! ANY THOUGHTS OR ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM! Frustrated !!!

Snowbelt Spyder
09-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Check engine light came on and went to limp mode. Had dealer pick up on trailer. Had it for 10 days. Codes= P160E, P1610 and P1615 which I had looked up in Spyder Codes before they picked it up. New throttle body put in and then they had trouble getting rid of the codes but finally got to BRP and had to reprogram it a different way. Put about 120 miles on and was fine then went out the next day and same thing again but only the 1610 and 1615 codes this time. The diffence is that when they came to get it and put it on the trailer the throttle would increase but did not have any power to make it up the ramp so I pushed from behind and we got it on. They are trying to get to BRP for help but say they have not been able to get anyone. Fortunately under warranty. A 3 day ride scheduled for tomorrow so they gave me a free loaner that I'll pick up today. I'm sue I'll sorely miss my backrest! ANY THOUGHTS OR ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM! Frustrated !!!

Just one thought, and the repair manual is pretty adamant about it. Anytime the throttle body is replaced, whether you use a new throttle position sensor, or reuse the old one, you must do a throttle position sensor initialization procedure in BUDS. The P1615 code alludes to that, also. I suppose if they reused the old sensor, it would be easy to think that it wouldn't be required. So, perhaps you could give them a second check to see if they did that.

BTW - I bought that Thermos.

Chupaca
09-08-2016, 11:41 AM
I find it strange that if it throttles up in gear that the unit would not have any power to the wheel. That would be more a clutch issue..were there any other codes or did you not get a chance to check as they were taking it in anyway..? Would seem if they had to clear the code in a manner not according to buds it may not be working right. Hope they get it right this time....glad they got you a loner and you will be able to keep you dates....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-08-2016, 11:57 AM
I find it strange that if it throttles up in gear that the unit would not have any power to the wheel.

That's what Limp Mode does... ;)
It's an even MORE important consideration if the throttle bodies aren't doing what they're told, or if the throttle position sensor isn't sending accurate into to the system.
(I've had both fail on my old RT...)
Good luck with your repairs! :thumbup: