PDA

View Full Version : question about oil change, I do not have a maintence manual.

Semper Fi
09-07-2016, 09:47 PM
I have gone over this thread for over 30 pages and, I can't find anything about how to change the oil in my F3-S. Do I have to buy the complete oil filter kit or, can I buy the filter and pick what oil I want to run in the bike? I am getting close to the 3000 mile mark where the first oil change is to be. Can anyone help me out with this?

SteveLaoyster
09-07-2016, 10:57 PM
You need to check out one of the sponsors, BajaRon. He has all the fixings for you. I'm sure he would be happy to help you. :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Chupaca
09-07-2016, 11:04 PM
You should let the dealer do the first service...that being said your owners manual will tell you what to do. You can get filters and oil from BajaRon (amsoil) or just the filter front Ron and other oils with the same specs. Kits are available online I get mind from ebay...:thumbup:

billybovine
09-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Read pages 98, 99 and 100 in your operator's manual. There is a reasonably good explanation there. If you get the kit from BRP. You have all the parts you need and BRP oil. Or from BajaRon you can get all the parts and Amsoil or not.

jerpinoy
09-07-2016, 11:34 PM
If you type f3 oil change on the advance search on the upper right corner of the screen and I'm sure you'll get answer.

_..stiffler..
09-08-2016, 02:58 AM
There is a YouTube video on how to change oil on a 1330 motor. The bike is an RT not an F3 but the engine is the same. You just have to remove the top small panel and the big side panel on the right.

You need a 36mm I believe socket to remove the oil filter top.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk

Godlover
09-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Here you go. Take your time. It is quite easy. Don't forget to do the other things listed in your manual.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?82163-F3-F3S-Oil-Change-Instructions&highlight=change+instructions

billybovine
09-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Service manuals are not expensive. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-CanAm-Spyder-F3-Shop-Repair-Maintenance-Parts-Master-Collection-Manual-/311559841832?vxp=mtr&hash=item488a69e828

Semper Fi
09-08-2016, 04:30 PM
You should let the dealer do the first service...that being said your owners manual will tell you what to do. You can get filters and oil from BajaRon (amsoil) or just the filter front Ron and other oils with the same specs. Kits are available online I get mind from ebay...:thumbup:
My F3 was bought at a second hand dealer and they don't offer an oil change. It had less then 2000 miles on it anyway.

Chupaca
09-08-2016, 05:00 PM
if they are not a Can Am dealer then they are not the ones I was refering to. Just that the first service entails more than an oil change and any can am dealer can perform this service. Oil changes can be done easily by any shop or oneself. Filter/s are your only hard part but readly available at a dealer or as mentioned online or BajaRon...Always your choice....

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

SpyderGTL
09-08-2016, 08:29 PM
I did the first oil change on my wife's F3-T and took it to the dealer for them to do the rest of the first service checks. Got the filter kit from Bajaron and bought my own oil. The cost for the 3K service was reduced significantly doing it this way!