PDA

View Full Version : Whats on your State Title?

xpeschon
03-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Ok I noticed when I bought my Spyder a couple weeks ago that the Certificate or Orgin says:

Body Style
2WHL

Well I recieved my MO State Title on Friday and noticed that it says the same thing and to add to it NO WHERE ON THE TITLE there is the words Spyder - Can-Am - Roadster - GS ... there is a spot on the title marked MODEL but again its blank.. I understand that each state is a little bit differant but that is what MO put on my title.. Other info that is blank on the title is:

FUEL
CYL
HP
and as stated above MODEL

Is this what others are finding out, I mean I'm thinking at least the Model number should be in there, Can-AM Spyder or something..
How about it.
Joe

nyfdtsdemt
03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
TN

but they had to create it while i was there!

NancysToy
03-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I'd go to the State and rattle their cage. The State made a mistake on year on our title, and I had to take in a photo of the VIN# plate and work with them over an hour to get it sorted out. Then they had to write me a signed note so I wouldn't be jailed if they found the registration and title didn't match. I eventually got a new registration and a corrected title.
-Scotty

Gary
03-29-2009, 07:39 PM
your certificate of orgin from BRP says motorcycle in the body type you did'nt tell them it was a three wheel so they asume it's 2 . I cought it on ours when they were makeing it out ,and fixed it.:yikes:

xpeschon
03-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks as though I am gonna have to get this fixed then.. I guess I will make another trip to the local DMV here and see what I can do.. What a hastle.. I wonder why the Certificate of Orgin does not say 3 wheels instead of 2,, Hold on let me go count the wheels, yeap 1, 2 and 3... Oh well, guess its somewhat my fault for not catching it off the bat, I guess I was so excited when I bought it I just wanted to get it on the road and get it registered right away and that is what I did,, I went straight to DMV and registered it 40 minutes after I bought it,, I will get it all worked out this week though hopefully,,
Thanks for the info folk..
Joe

orangespydiegirl
03-30-2009, 04:33 PM
TN title: includes the vin number, year -2008 make: CANA Model: SPY, Body Type:MC

ptoemmes
03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Title? TITLE? You mean that piece of paper you get when it's paid off (in Florida)?

Remind me to let you know in a few years ;)

BumbleBee
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Got my Title also, same thing as yours Joe!!!

Did you get it fixed at the DMV to 3 WHLS???

Bersquack
07-22-2009, 01:10 PM
In Wisconsin it says motorcycle.

Saluda
07-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Title? TITLE? You mean that piece of paper you get when it's paid off (in Florida)?

Remind me to let you know in a few years ;)

Ditto (MA)