PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Modificating...

GA_Spyderman
09-06-2016, 03:10 PM
When my wife and I got the RT-L, one of the first complaints she had about her comfort on the Spyder as compared to our previous 2003 GL1800 Goldwing, was that she had less seating room and only one position to place her feet. I told her we would have to work on that.

Soon, I ordered a Russell Day Long seat with a thinner passenger backrest(we had one of these on the Goldwing), which fixed her room problem. Next, I got a set of Kuryakyn Retractable Passenger Pegs(KY-4388) and, with a little ingenuity and determination, provided her with another set of foot positions. She loves the new modifications.

Ron2andia
09-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Nice work.

Chupaca
09-07-2016, 12:35 AM
Always have alternatives and a happy passengers makes for a fun ryde..:2thumbs: congratulations :clap:

Brian Kay
09-07-2016, 01:30 AM
When my wife and I got the RT-L, one of the first complaints she had about her comfort on the Spyder as compared to our previous 2003 GL1800 Goldwing, was that she had less seating room and only one position to place her feet. I told her we would have to work on that.

Soon, I ordered a Russell Day Long seat with a thinner passenger backrest(we had one of these on the Goldwing), which fixed her room problem. Next, I got a set of Kuryakyn Retractable Passenger Pegs(KY-4388) and, with a little ingenuity and determination, provided her with another set of foot positions. She loves the new modifications.

Don't forget about the Corbin arm rests..those must offer up some comfort options for the little lady in the back.

If you're not a member of the Atlanta Spyder Riders, look us up on Facebook....catch you on a group ride in the future.

Bob Denman
09-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Those retractable footpegs for the second chair look AWESOME!! :thumbup:
Do you have a link to them?

Bob Denman
09-08-2016, 10:43 AM
A question: How much "ingenuity and determination" was involved in this installation? :shocked:

What did it take; to make this happen? :dontknow:

GA_Spyderman
09-08-2016, 12:19 PM
You got it, PMK. Bob, if you will PM me with your email address, I'll send you some instructions and pics of how I did this.

Mark

Bob Denman
09-08-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm glad that I wasn't too far off-base with my theory. :D

PM being sent... :thumbup:

And thanks!